2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I think it's more productive to let people know what you're oging to get into rather than what you're getting out of
They kind of did.

Vapes. That could, and should, easily lead to weed once it’s legal at the Federal level.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
They kind of did.

Vapes. That could, and should, easily lead to weed once it’s legal at the Federal level.

I see that, but it sounds a bit anemic for a 130B company, don't you think? That's a lot of vapes

it just sounds like being a late-comer to stuff that's well established......I would think they'd at least move beyond inhalants

I'm saying this strictly with respect to MO and BTI.....MO is more aggressive, has both a lower P/E and higher dividend yield. EDIT: I stand corrected about P/E.........bad info

I watched these companies since early 2000's and was in big on RAI (Reynolds American) during the recession which big time bailed me out. Then they got bought up by BTI and I lost interest in the whole group.......until now ... I'm watching .... the MO dividend is hard to ignore for an old fart like me

Last edited:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
I see that, but it sounds a bit anemic for a 130B company, don't you think? That's a lot of vapes

it just sounds like being a late-comer to stuff that's well established......I would think they'd at least move beyond inhalants
I think they’ll be in wait-and-see mode on weed while introducing their vapes and still producing regular cigs. They have a lot of consumer loyalty, so it’s not much of a risk. IMO, once weed is legalized, I can see them halting production of regular cigs, ramping up production on vapes, and horizontally integrating by swallowing up companies like Tilray/Aphria, Cronos, Aurora, etc. Generally speaking, older people smoke your traditional cigs while the younger age segment has successfully gotten hooked on vaping thanks to Juul and its competitors. PM is merely reading the terrain. Your traditional cigarette smokers will die off and you’ll need to replace those customers. Introducing vapes and weed. It’s a solid plan.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

I'm saying this strictly with respect to MO and BTI.....MO is more aggressive, has both a lower P/E and higher dividend yield. EDIT: I stand corrected about P/E.........bad info

I watched these companies since early 2000's and was in big on RAI (Reynolds American) during the recession which big time bailed me out. Then they got bought up by BTI and I lost interest in the whole group.......until now ... I'm watching .... the MO dividend is hard to ignore for an old fart like me

They'll move into other industries entirely, with a look to be widely diversified.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
COHU ruling the day ... again

more and more 5G product volume market share passing through their products

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What is the consensus on ETFs? I have been out of the market for years and into real estate. Now I'm thinking of jumping back in. The market is so damn volatile though. But sitting on cash doesn't do me any good. Any advice would be appreciated.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What is the consensus on ETFs? I have been out of the market for years and into real estate. Now I'm thinking of jumping back in. The market is so damn volatile though. But sitting on cash doesn't do me any good. Any advice would be appreciated.

mixed results like anything else........things change too fast with them without any word.......big dividends until they pull the rug out from under you

I've done my time with PSEC, TICC, MCC, OXLC.......PSEC was the first and it did very well with double digit dividend percentages......to me, none of them have ever been quite the same since....now I believe these are the debt and equity ETF's, but I don't know very much about the concept except that they are not subjected to the same regulations as more traditional mutual funds.

vuudu

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I wonder why people decided to take profit today form $TMUS. This is a company that is about to rocket to the moon. I went big on $BIG and was surprised to see massive sell off this morning for providing guidance that was higher than a year ago but because it was well below streets estimates, people started panicking and start to sell off and I am sure lots of shorts entered and are getting burned. They are buying over $300m of stocks back. Soon only a handful will be left and MMs will gap up bigly!

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I'm not a big ETF guy, so @IllegalContact is probably your best bet to listen to. But I am ready to jump into genomics, and will believe anything Cathie Wood of Ark tells me. She had Tesla at $20k a share (bull case - 5-7 year projection, pre-split share price) in like 2018. So I do plan on getting some ARK-G this year (that's Ark's genomics fund).

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
What do we think of Volkswagon (VLKAF)? Sales of electric cars were 158% over the previous year. Might not catch TELSA, but maybe a great ceiling?

DropKickFlutie

In the Starting Line-Up
AMD is in all the new game consoles and higher end laptops and they're completely sold out. Apparently their chips are many years ahead of Intel. RIP Intel Inside.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
AMD is in all the new game consoles and higher end laptops and they're completely sold out. Apparently their chips are many years ahead of Intel. RIP Intel Inside.

AMD is all over the high end personal computing and gaming, but INTC gets the volume corporate purchases....all your mid grade dell latitudes that go out to corporate America are i5's

they make a nice package for the graphics intensive systems but NVDA is the big bully there

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I wonder why people decided to take profit today form $TMUS. This is a company that is about to rocket to the moon. I went big on $BIG and was surprised to see massive sell off this morning for providing guidance that was higher than a year ago but because it was well below streets estimates, people started panicking and start to sell off and I am sure lots of shorts entered and are getting burned. They are buying over $300m of stocks back. Soon only a handful will be left and MMs will gap up bigly!

I think it's because of competition.......even after the merger, they're not as big as T or VZ, and their fundamentals aren't as strong......these days with humanity roped into wireless contracts, a shift to bring them more subscriptions may take time........I'm really not very familiar with the wireless services business model..........I'm just good at what's inside the handsets