PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Day Traders, Swing Traders lets make money

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Disclaimer, please do not buy any stock because of what anyone says here. Do your independent research if a growth stock is posted here and make up your own mind. Additionally, this is not investment, if you are interested in looking for stocks to invest, again this is not the place for that. With that said, lets make money day trading and swing trading.

Due to police brutality being all the rage now, a couple companies are serving as my daily ATM. My goal is just to make $500 per trade and get out. Strategy is to study the price action of the stock, look at the VWAP and the bollingerBands to know when to enter at the right setup.
These companies are making me happy this week: $WRTC, $DGLY $AAXN.
$AAXN just filed an 8-K underwritten(JP Morgan)(Public offering) PO of 3,450,000 shares @$92 Offering Price(OP)a share. Naturally when you do something like this, the(Share Price) SP will gravitate towards the OP.
$NKLA is also another daily ATM.
$CRWD, anything below VWAP is a buy, this is the stock of the future. I have sold core and use about 300 shares to day trade. It has a Beta of about 0.9, 0.4 since recent ER.
What are some day or swing stocks you are looking at now?
I am a short term trader though I wouldn't say I "day trade". I did do a lot of buying when the market hit ~20,000 a couple months ago, so I'm very happy with that decision. I'm probably going to hold onto it for another 8 months or so so I can sell at long-term capital gains tax rates.

Whoever manages my 401(k) at Fidelity is a pretty smart person because even though the market is still down about 15% from highs earlier this year, my 401(k) is up 1% over the same time period. 1% ROI over a 4 month time period is not a long term goal, but in this case it is way outperforming the market.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Anyone looked into NIO? I got lucky in NKLA at $25 and $30 (and I know the current valuation is illogical but I'm holding). Have to think China's investment in NIO is significant.

I also like CAR (Avis/Budget) long. Very possible the only competition left for them is Enterprise (private company).

Might take up a bigger position in the weed sector closer to the election (CURAQ, GTII, TRUL). Would be nice if Trump endorsed legalization as part of his platform. Doesn't look like Biden will, but wind might be blowing in another direction in a month or two.

Betterthanmost

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Anyone looked into NIO? I got lucky in NKLA at $25 and $30 (and I know the current valuation is illogical but I'm holding). Have to think China's investment in NIO is significant.

I also like CAR (Avis/Budget) long. Very possible the only competition left for them is Enterprise (private company).

Might take up a bigger position in the weed sector closer to the election (CURAQ, GTII, TRUL). Would be nice if Trump endorsed legalization as part of his platform. Doesn't look like Biden will, but wind might be blowing in another direction in a month or two.
Didn't Avis announce they were filing for bankruptcy?
I can't bring myself to buy week stock. I just have a nasty bias towards weed smokers and don't want to contribute to that. I have the same attitude towards alcohol as well, but my hypocrisy stops with $BUD. I made a lot of money when I got it for $33 and sold at $57 a week ago.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Didn't Avis announce they were filing for bankruptcy?
I can't bring myself to buy week stock. I just have a nasty bias towards weed smokers and don't want to contribute to that. I have the same attitude towards alcohol as well, but my hypocrisy stops with $BUD. I made a lot of money when I got it for $33 and sold at $57 a week ago.
If Avis filed for bankruptcy I'm in trouble. But I think you're thinking of Hertz. And I hate weed too but did well on the Canadian stocks.

Betterthanmost

2019 Weekly Picks Winner
If Avis filed for bankruptcy I'm in trouble. But I think you're thinking of Hertz. And I hate weed too but did well on the Canadian stocks.
Yes you are right, it was Hertz. When I start hearing of a vaccine, I will start to nibble on hospitality industry.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Going hard into SHLL at open.

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner

Mj biz wont see profits unless the black mkt gets nuked. Given most legal states also include homegrown provisions, this means they have to slash prices. The problem is, home growers have nowhere near the same overhead, as their is no licensing and insane tracing reqs, etc. In portland, they made it such that any home grower could sell to a dispensary, presuming samples tested alright for pesticides, etc. Prices fell to a couple bucks a gram. You can't pay bud tenders, let alone grow facility bills, for a few bucks a gram.

In MA, the stringent "safety" nonsense means old, stale, dry mj for top dollar.

Its been how many years and still no cafes? The people passed specific language, and once again MAs officials decided they know better than the people.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Mj biz wont see profits unless the black mkt gets nuked. Given most legal states also include homegrown provisions, this means they have to slash prices. The problem is, home growers have nowhere near the same overhead, as their is no licensing and insane tracing reqs, etc. In portland, they made it such that any home grower could sell to a dispensary, presuming samples tested alright for pesticides, etc. Prices fell to a couple bucks a gram. You can't pay bud tenders, let alone grow facility bills, for a few bucks a gram.

In MA, the stringent "safety" nonsense means old, stale, dry mj for top dollar.

Its been how many years and still no cafes? The people passed specific language, and once again MAs officials decided they know better than the people.
Yeah I could see those things being a problem for awhile. But still opportunities to profit off the hype, even if you don't view as long term holds.

Betterthanmost

2019 Weekly Picks Winner

Get the bill through Sen. Scott

Last edited:

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Bought heavily into "Airline & China based" industries when the markets tanked....

Now I am up big.....but plan to hold through March 2021 to get the lower cap gains rate.

Thinking of investing heavily into Starlink....not Starlink itself, but the industry that will be bought out to support its implementation over the next 10 years.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Bought heavily into "Airline & China based" industries when the markets tanked....

Now I am up big.....but plan to hold through March 2021 to get the lower cap gains rate.

Thinking of investing heavily into Starlink....not Starlink itself, but the industry that will be bought out to support its implementation over the next 10 years.

my company has a hand in the RF power amplifiers going into the satellites as well as both base stations and personal units. I'm in on some of the suppliers to the Starlink effort mostly because those same companies are wrapped up in 5G, wifi6 and sensors for self-driving vehicles

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
dumped a ton today.......80% cash now......based on CoVid, talk to me after the 4th....the only things that I'm holding now are my dividend stuff (BTI, VGI), some 5G stocks, and AMZN. Will get back into BYND, AAPL first when I sense a bottom

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

you may want to get out of your airlines and get back in in a couple of weeks....lock in your gains and start over again...if CoVid gets any worse here, there will be no international flights

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
you may want to get out of your airlines and get back in in a couple of weeks....lock in your gains and start over again...if CoVid gets any worse here, there will be no international flights

Nah, I am in for the long haul. Airlines ain't going away...at worst..they will be nationalized. That is a risk I am willing to take to gain an extra 10% edge in cap gains tax. I also diversified my portfolio pretty well. We are in an election year pandemic....so much unpredictability, but people will fly again someday...and in droves. May take the airlines a long time to recover...

scout

Nah, I am in for the long haul. Airlines ain't going away...at worst..they will be nationalized. That is a risk I am willing to take to gain an extra 10% edge in cap gains tax. I also diversified my portfolio pretty well. We are in an election year pandemic....so much unpredictability, but people will fly again someday...and in droves. May take the airlines a long time to recover...
My mindset is always stay away from airline stock. To each his own.

Bruins29

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
What is SHLL? I looked at the profile.......if you buy the stock, can you be charged as an accomplice?
What was that stock you were talking about a couple of weeks ago. It was at 1.80 or something and you said it would go to 9. I think it was in the gas industry.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What was that stock you were talking about a couple of weeks ago. It was at 1.80 or something and you said it would go to 9. I think it was in the gas industry.

AMPY - it's taken a beating due to the CoVid resurgence.....1.25 Today, but it's got a 40% , but dividend yield at that price 52 week target is 7.00...at that price it's worth dipping your toes in....or not