Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 35.1% at NE: 64.9%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
you get live quotes of FBGRX? Who do you use?
Based on its largest holdings, I wouldn’t think it was green at any time today. It appeared green to me all day because of yesterday but it updates after the close for me

Crap, you're right, I was just doing too many things today, glancing at a "no grouping list" in Fidelity and forgot its a daily pricing. Sigh. I should really pay more attention. Or stop aging.

So no, I've got no insider's view to offer you.

vuudu

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I can see easy money in shorting $DKNG on Monday.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I don't see today as a buying opp. It'll be a few days before we find out how much of the WH staff is infected, and the people who are testing negative today could be positive by Monday or Tuesday. I'm waiting for this first wave to get clarified. Usually wrong, of course.

@KontradictioN Well, I was right about being usually wrong.

vuudu

2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I can guarantee tomorrow being a red red day. Makes no sense for these levels... find high beta stocks and short the hell out of them tomorrow.
$AMD, $URI $DVI

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I can guarantee tomorrow being a red red day. Makes no sense for these levels... find high beta stocks and short the hell out of them tomorrow.
$AMD, $URI $DVI
AMD just announced some serious gaming performance with its Ryzen 5000 series. I'm an AMD owner twice over (stock plus a Ryzen 2800x). Will be pre-ordering a 5800x and 5900x and then waiting for benchmarks to decide between them. Now I just need my damn 3080 order to come in!

In short, I think what AMD announced is too good for a "sell the news" day.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I missed out on some gains....esp on BYND
I realize you might be down a little on TSLA in the short term, but have you dug into them enough to join the Elon cult? I feel like I can't own enough of this thing.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I realize you might be down a little on TSLA in the short term, but have you dug into them enough to join the Elon cult? I feel like I can't own enough of this thing.

I play TSLA.....I’m holding right now.... AMZN, AAPL, and FBGRX still get the most love from me though my 5G mix (STM, QRVO, SWKS) is pretty big and I’m geared toward that for a few years

vuudu

2019 Weekly Picks Winner
AMD just announced some serious gaming performance with its Ryzen 5000 series. I'm an AMD owner twice over (stock plus a Ryzen 2800x). Will be pre-ordering a 5800x and 5900x and then waiting for benchmarks to decide between them. Now I just need my damn 3080 order to come in!

In short, I think what AMD announced is too good for a "sell the news" day.
yep and plus, the market reacted to very bad job reports by staying green.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
yep and plus, the market reacted to very bad job reports by staying green.
Market just doesn't make sense anymore. Just inverse the news - bad news = green. And now AMD down over 4% after announcing they have finally succeeded in their goal of overtaking Intel in every metric. The only advantage Intel still held before yesterday was in single core IPC performance (this is a big deal for gaming). AMD just increased their IPC performance by 19%.

AMD now beats Intel in single-core, multi-core, power consumption and price. This was decades in the making. And the teaser on their new Radeon GPU seems to show performance at or near Nvidia's 3080. The stock should be at an ATH, not sinking after that news.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Market just doesn't make sense anymore. Just inverse the news - bad news = green. And now AMD down over 4% after announcing they have finally succeeded in their goal of overtaking Intel in every metric. The only advantage Intel still held before yesterday was in single core IPC performance (this is a big deal for gaming). AMD just increased their IPC performance by 19%.

AMD now beats Intel in single-core, multi-core, power consumption and price. This was decades in the making. And the teaser on their new Radeon GPU seems to show performance at or near Nvidia's 3080. The stock should be at an ATH, not sinking after that news.

AMD is putting some serious $ into the XLNX acquisition.......they're about to get 30% bigger

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I play TSLA.....I’m holding right now.... AMZN, AAPL, and FBGRX still get the most love from me though my 5G mix (STM, QRVO, SWKS) is pretty big and I’m geared toward that for a few years.

Your 5G play is the one thing I've gotten from this forum where I actually allocated some money. It just makes too much sense. There's no way the growth is already priced in. Plus I think its up about 15% since I did so. I definitely own you a beer.

I'm looking at telemedicine the same way. It is a little earlier (there are few stocks available) but the reengineering of 80% of doctors visits is happening in the next 5 years. We'll all be wearing a watch or band that monitors our health and alerts us and our doc when something changes, triggering a video appointment. Most urine and blood tests will be done at home, with the doc's office supervising on video if necessary. No more driving to an office full of sick people, verifying records and filling out forms, waiting, waiting some more, then seeing a PA for 15 minutes. That's a huge amount of productivity gained and cost reduced.

This is one of the few things that COVID has contributed...the acceleration of the end of the routine in person doctor visit.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Your 5G play is the one thing I've gotten from this forum where I actually allocated some money. It just makes too much sense. There's no way the growth is already priced in. Plus I think its up about 15% since I did so. I definitely own you a beer.

I'm looking at telemedicine the same way. It is a little earlier (there are few stocks available) but the reengineering of 80% of doctors visits is happening in the next 5 years. We'll all be wearing a watch or band that monitors our health and alerts us and our doc when something changes, triggering a video appointment. Most urine and blood tests will be done at home, with the doc's office supervising on video if necessary. No more driving to an office full of sick people, verifying records and filling out forms, waiting, waiting some more, then seeing a PA for 15 minutes. That's a huge amount of productivity gained and cost reduced.

This is one of the few things that COVID has contributed...the acceleration of the end of the routine in person doctor visit.
I’m still in BYND.....I’ve started watching CRSP

scout

I like the telemedicine angle. Keep us informed of any updates.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I like the telemedicine angle. Keep us informed of any updates.

the telemedicine thing has some hurdles not the least of which is patient privacy and the data produced........which will never fly because of how those currently in power want to handle health.........if you have single-payer, then it would be a breeze.......until those currently in power return to power and decide to blow things up.

my Apple watch will take an ekg, send it to my phone where it is turned into a pdf I can send to my doc....that can be streamlined a bit more along with the additional vitals newer watches can now do......common sense would make this happen in a flash, but other motives can cause problems