PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
all i know is dude tore up the rose bowl. don't know much outside of that. but i'm fine with the positional pick.

brilliant. just heard he long snaps. saves a roster spot. makes the pick worth it already.

Am I seriously the only one who has a problem with picking another TE on Day 1, when we already have 2 1st rounders at the position.

Meet the "new" Christian Fauria...

No defense of Day 1: That says a lot about the confidence of the Pats toward the youngs players at defense.

David Thomas . . . Texas . . . 6-3 . . . 252 . . . 1,367 career receiving yards

Maroney, RB
Jackson, WR
Thomas, TE

Brady must be ordering pizza for everyone! :rocker:

Ice Cold Bruschi said:
Am I seriously the only one who has a problem with picking another TE on Day 1, when we already have 2 1st rounders at the position.

oh I'm sure someone else will be jaded by the decision

Ice Cold Bruschi said:

No, I totally agree with you. I am sure Thomas could have been had later in the draft, but third round?? C'mon. Dont throw the whole Logan Mankins crap at me either. When is Thomas going to get some playing time? Oh, and just because we drafted a TE that is better suited as an H-back does not mean Graham is gone. Who is that guy in Washington? Brunell always likes to hit him out of the backfield. I could see Thomas being that kind of guy.

Not sure why we want an undersized TE. This means Graham is in his last year, although I think we knew that.

The only defensive need position is getting younger at LB. We have lots of DBs who should be well rested off injuries last year, and 4 quality d-linemen. If Beisel can play ILB, we should be all set.

We were going to take a TE anyway. This guy is the real deal.

The RB, WR, TE pick was not how I invisioned the draft to go for us. But, the picks we made were excellent.

There are plenty of defensive goodies left for tomorrow when we have 7 more picks.

I think Brady is beyond Pizza's...he bought the OL plasma's last year and the year before Laptops...maybe he is passing out Raymond Weil watches!

Ice Cold Bruschi said:

I think its a terrible pick. In general I am very disappointed with day one of the draft.

I've watched probably 90% of the games he played at Texas. Trust me, he can play. He knows how to get open, has great hands, always makes the big 3rd down catches to extend drives, I've seen him make key blocks, etc. He's had many games like the one he had in the national championship against USC.

He doesn't have the athletic ability of a Vernon Davis or Ben Watson but he knows how to play football and he's just a good, solid player.

I don't think this means anything about the future of Graham. We had no 3rd TE, we all know how important TEs are to Belichick and there was a good one on the board.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
I don't think this means anything about the future of Graham. We had no 3rd TE, we all know how important TEs are to Belichick and there was a good one on the board.

on the nose

This has been an intriguing, entertaining, surprising, exciting and successful Day 1.

sweeeeeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey