PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

Dan Shaughnessy: Biggest douche bag of them all?

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I have to say that Adam Jones is now the biggest, most obnoxious radio douchebag of all time, worse than Felger and even Dan Shaughnessy. He wants to fire the greatest coach of all time, right now. Did anyone else hear Tom E. Curran shred him on the radio yesterday? Even after being thrashed by Curran, he kept spouting out garbage. If it was not for MegO, I would never listen to this station in the afternoon.
Well he keeps you listening and talking about him so he's satisfied. There's only one way to respond. Don't listen, don't talk about him.

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Lol this thread back to memory lane
But the Bradyites were always right

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
He seeks attention. A lot of guys in that job do it.

If he was just seeking attention, I sort of get it. But Adam Jones is so misguided, so idiotic, so infuriating that I have to bloviate about him.

He was insisting that the Patriots fire BB right now! How incredibly idiotic would that be? What kind of delusional owner would fire the greatest coach in NFL history? Right in the middle of the season? Insane. Tom E. Curran smacked him down a few times, but Jone kept at it.

Curran is correct; if the Patriots really want to get rid of the GOAT-coach, they should do it in a dignified way and have a "retirement" ceremony after the season with all the pomp & circumstance that is due the Greatest Coach of All Time.

Personally I think the Patriots should give BB a couple more years...if they can just figure out a way to fix the free-agent and draft disasters. Based on this year, the drafting problems may be fixed....

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Based on this year, the drafting problems may be fixed....

Last year I thought they were fixed in 2022... Cole Strange looked OK, The Jones looked like steals, the RB's would be ok, Zappe was an NFL backup, maybe Thornton would be better year 2..............

I also thought they were fixed in 2021... Mac Jones was the best of all the QB's taken, what a 4th round pick Stevenson was, Barmore looked like a stud (maybe still is). When Ronnie Perkins gets healthy.......

Hopefully you are right, but give it a year.

Thelonious

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
The only Boston scribe more odious than O'Shaunessy is Tomasi. It's close. I turn off the sound when either shows up on the screen.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
The only Boston scribe more odious than O'Shaunessy is Tomasi. It's close. I turn off the sound when either shows up on the screen.
TomAssi should have been banished from Boston.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame Member Patriots in Twilight Zone
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I have to say that Adam Jones is now the biggest, most obnoxious radio douchebag of all time, worse than Felger and even Dan Shaughnessy. He wants to fire the greatest coach of all time, right now. Did anyone else hear Tom E. Curran shred him on the radio yesterday? Even after being thrashed by Curran, he kept spouting out garbage. If it was not for MegO, I would never listen to this station in the afternoon.
Ugh .... both annoying ... MegO is like listening to nails scratching a blackboard.
Adam Jones was already a douchebag ... nothing new for him ... like who the **** listens to them and why?

WEEI pays their hosts Walmart wages ... thus Jones and MegO and is blubber mouth asswipe Gresch still there.

Last edited:

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Ugh .... both annoying ... MegO is like listening to nails scratching a blackboard.
Adam Jones was already a douchebag ... nothing new for him ... like who the **** listens to them and why?

WEEI pays their hosts Walmart wages ... thus Jones and MegO and is blubber mouth asswipe Gresch still there.

Different tastes I suppose. I think that MegO's voice is great, one of the best on radio and, most importantly, she is seems very knowledgeable and is the the voice of reason in that broadcast booth.

I think that Andy Gresh is one of the best. He knowledgeable and very well spoken. He and Faurier are a great combo.

Didn't know about WEEI's abysmal salaries, those cheap buggers.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
If he was just seeking attention, I sort of get it. But Adam Jones is so misguided, so idiotic, so infuriating that I have to bloviate about him.

He was insisting that the Patriots fire BB right now! How incredibly idiotic would that be? What kind of delusional owner would fire the greatest coach in NFL history? Right in the middle of the season? Insane. Tom E. Curran smacked him down a few times, but Jone kept at it.

Curran is correct; if the Patriots really want to get rid of the GOAT-coach, they should do it in a dignified way and have a "retirement" ceremony after the season with all the pomp & circumstance that is due the Greatest Coach of All Time.

Personally I think the Patriots should give BB a couple more years...if they can just figure out a way to fix the free-agent and draft disasters. Based on this year, the drafting problems may be fixed....
He is not the greatest coach of all time. Top 5 yes. He has lost the GOAT title

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
He is not the greatest coach of all time. Top 5 yes. He has lost the GOAT title
I disagree. He is the best NFL coach ever, probably always will be. Six rings with the Patriots and two rings with the Giants. No one else is even close. What kind of idiot would fire BB in midseason? Adam Jones to start....

We all need to remember these statistics:

CoachSuper Bowl WinsTeam
Bill Belichick 6Patriots
Chuck Noll4Steelers
Bill Walsh349ers
Joe Gibbs3Redskins
Andy Reid2Chiefs
Vince Lombardi2Packers

Actual Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions

I've heard many countless moronic and completely wrong takes over the years, and Jones has bleated a lot of them.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
When Dan Shaughnessy goes to the Stop & Shop, the automatic checkout screen says, "How many times were you a douche bag today?"

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick