PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan $haughne$$ey - Hypocrite extraordinaire

QuiGon

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone but me find $hank $haugne$$ey has reached another height in hypocrisy with his article today..? He lambasts the Red Sox for their "ceaseless grabs for cash". Meanwhile, he goes on Sunday night local TV, does the Jim Rome Show, does ATH, writes one book after another (and promotes those books in his columns), used to be a WEEI regular and has been on the Sunday morning "Sports Reporters" show.

I guess $haugne$$ey knows a grab for cash when he sees one.

Oh good God, with that curly haired idiot ever STFU?

You're right on with this post. What an arrogant blowhard. He has quite a point in his article, but it's really hard to take HIM seriously.

Typically, I hate Shaughnessy, but this column of his was one of the few that I almost didn't hate. He actually brings up a really great point.

Say what you want about him, the Red Sox look like they are trying to do everything they can to turn a buck, short of grabbing fans, turning them upside down, and jiggling them for loose change. There is nothing wrong with that, but they need to understand that, when they act that way, they open themselves up to the perception that they'd handle the rain delay in the manner they did simply to make a couple extra bucks.

Shaughnessy is a pompous drunk ... one or the other is obnoxious, he chooses to put them together...

http://bostonsportsblogs.net/ April 14

This is funny re Shaugnasty:
Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy is nothing if not pragmatic. He realizes that adults no longer read his thoroughly irrelevant columns, and yet he has a proven track record of being willing to do or say almost anything to line his wallet. When the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, Shaughnessy’s cash cow, “The Curse,” was forever, mercifully, put to rest.

Yet several months ago, despite the Red Sox victory, Shaughnessy had the audacity to release a book called the Legend of the Curse of the Bambino, aimed at children in grades 2-4. He recently spoke to Call of the Green Monster about it.

“After the Sox won the World Series,” Shaughnessy said, “I dealt with depression, tried desperately to be positive, and then ultimately I just decided that I simply wasn’t going give up on sponging people with this curse nonsense. Now, no reasonable adult would still buy any of this crap about a stupid curse, so it only seemed natural to turn my targets on harmless, innocent, gullible children.”

Shaughnessy says his marketing strategy is to infest the minds of these young children into thinking that the curse still lives. “Then,” he gleefully continues, “these kids will grow up brainwashed, will eventually reproduce, and then we’ll have whole new generations of people believing in the curse. Other families will be miserable, but my family will reap the financial benefits for years to come. It will be glorious!”

Shaughnessy, who, when Call of the Green Monster spoke with him, was setting a steel trap intended to kill his neighbor’s cat if it came into his yard, said that he quickly got sick of the positive feelings of the Red Sox World Series Championship. “Everybody stopped talking about the curse, and since people stopped reading my columns years ago,

I was at my wits end,” he said bitterly. “But now, I’m back in business, baby!” He laughed maniacally. “Kids are so stupid,” he cackled, before screeching in pain as the jaws of the cat trap snapped shut, squashing three of his fingers.

http://bostonsportsblogs.net/

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back