Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Lemme get this straight... 2 medical trials from France show positive results... you don't care.

An editorial... that you believe 100%.

o_O

I don't care? Of course I care. Don't straw man like that.

These medical trials have been widely criticized.

And this is far from "an editorial". This is a very prestigious and non-political organization group of medical professionals using data and their own experience in the medical testing field to evaluate the risk:reward of taking this.

Those trials were, what, two weeks ago? Have you actually seen the numbers reduce since it has been widely prescribed (no).

Virtually every non-political person with a medical research background has either cautioned that we should be very careful on this or outright rejected it.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Just one section of Massachusetts could have more than 100,000 coronavirus cases — many times more than the entire state has identified at this point, according to an MIT-associated study of local sewage.

Biobot Analytics, which is a lab associated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, published research this week that an analysis of sewage from a treatment facility in “a large metropolitan area in the state of Massachusetts” suggested that many more people potentially have the highly contagious disease than tests have confirmed.

“On March 25, the area represented by the sample had approximately 446 confirmed cases of Covid-19,” Biobot researchers wrote Wednesday in a post about their research. “Based on our sewage analysis, we estimate that up to 115,000 people are infected and shedding the SARS-CoV-2 virus.”

Biobot, which didn’t respond to requests for comment, didn’t specify where in the state the samples came from.

Massachusetts sewage suggests more than 100K coronavirus cases in state: MIT lab
New research looks at wastewater to detect community spread of Covid-19
There are more and more studies theorizing that countless millions of people across the country (and the world for that matter) have/had Covid-19 than the official numbers report. It may sound counterintuitive to say this, but that would be wonderful news.

Mrs.PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Lemme get this straight... 2 medical trials from France show positive results... you don't care.

Perhaps you missed it. The original study approval has been rescinded and the journal that printed it publicly acknowledged publishing a faulty study.

ISAC shares the concerns regarding the above article published recently in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA). The ISAC Board believes the article does not meet the Society’s expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.

Statement on IJAA paper | International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy

robertweathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
There are more and more studies theorizing that countless millions of people across the country (and the world for that matter) have/had Covid-19 than the official numbers report. It may sound counterintuitive to say this, but that would be wonderful news.
Let's hope so.

My understanding is further research needs to be done to determine if COVID-19 survivors are actually immune (antibodies produced prevent re-infection).

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yeah, I've had a sore throat and runny nose, and been a bit run down, for about three weeks. I have to keep reminding myself that this happens to me every year at this time, when nature tries to have intimate relations with my nose. But the anxiety of being in a pandemic also takes a toll.

I get seasonal allergies, I take my temp every day.

Dingleberry

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
ji·had
/jəˈhäd/
Learn to pronounce

noun
ISLAM
  1. a struggle or fight against the enemies of Islam.
    "he declared a jihad against the infidels"
    • the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.

We could also put a positive spin on the swastika if we are to consider the origins of the symbol. But then that guy with the little moustache bastardized it on us.

Jihad = negative connotation now. Doesn't mean Islamaphobia running wild.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up
Let's hope so.

My understanding is further research needs to be done to determine if COVID-19 survivors are actually immune (antibodies produced prevent re-infection).
I think they would have to be otherwise they wouldn't have recovered. The question is how long will they retain that immunity.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Here we go again, trying to prove a drug should be used based on opinion polls and anecdotal evidence. What does this accomplish?

The doctors will decide what to use

Fox News is a big problem in helping this argument with people that watch it...also they are comparing now COVID Deaths to other deaths such as car accidents...so we are at that stage now...

Last edited:

JetFan79

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
That people falsely believe a drug works, or that it might work, including doctors, is not a new phenomenon.

Sadly this particular "treatment" has become political, and now is subject to the typical propaganda.

Best to just ignore it now until some legit results are released imo.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Well, typically those Muslims who use the term "jihad" aren't exactly your peaceful types.
The point is that some conservative old white dude randomly and inaccurately shoe horns the word into a sentence that has zero to do with the medicine because he is a bigot.

Status
Not open for further replies.