Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
I believe that we will see an opening up of certain areas.

Mental health is also important.

Areas that have a very low number of reported cases should be heavily tested. It is in these areas that we can actually prevent the virus from taking hold. After testing and isolating the few cases, these areas can THEN go back to work.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up
I was told several weeks ago that by this point tens of thousands would die because of the coronavirus, according to your models which has since been disproven. By May, it was supposed to be in the millions. It's bad, but we haven't even hit 20K deaths yet. Could it be that Trump is doing something right?
Yes he is not doing everything wrong. Let's celebrate.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
gee whiz golly...if only we could go back a week to the golden days of 4/1/2020...

Wow that 46k is up to 94k, that was fast.

JackBauer

Hall of Fame Poster
Wrong again Jack it is you who has no idea of how models work. They start out a guesses based on assumptions. Then as data from the real world come in the guesses are modified and fed through the model. The models is REVISED. Hopefully you will consider the liberal TheHIll site a legit source:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...ts-estimates-downward-not-every-model-agrees/

Some of us don't believe computer models BECAUSE we understand them and how they work.

Hey, I stand corrected on the use of the word revise. That said, the point still stands, which is that 2.2M was a worst-case assumption, and downward revisions don't imply that the estimate was wrong, or that experts got it wrong in that particular case.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up
There was someone on here talking about the models which were projecting the death numbers, and the people who didn't believe the models were stupid because a brilliant professor at the University of Washington came up with it. Now the models are being revised to show a much less death total. Oops.
Do you understand that models have things called parameters? Once the situation changes, the parameters have to change. Do you use last year's weather forecast for tomorrow?

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Areas that have a very low number of reported cases should be heavily tested. It is in these areas that we can actually prevent the virus from taking hold. After testing and isolating the few cases, these areas can THEN go back to work.

No, no, no.

When the cases are low, you're supposed to declare that the national leader did a tremendous job, confidently state the number is about to be zero, then push a drug that doesn't work.

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
What are they doing about Sharia law?
Lol Thank you. Over at PP im R+L=Negan but apparently their mods are very thin-skinned and have an affinity for Mike Tomlin so I hope I can fit in here.

All spoilers are 100% (few things always change with editing etc) and from spoiling dead fans (rapid wd fans that literally follow the filming in Atl.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
No, but 90% sure both sides get headaches from you passive-aggressive posts. Now get off the fence and pick a side Tucker. :rolleyes:
I actually like this!

Ok if I just say I’m on God’s side? It’s dark, raining & thundering here and it’s going on 3pm so it feels ominous. I’m glad Good Friday isn’t today

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Relative to the treatment of malaria, lupus and RA, yes.
Relative to the treatment of covid? Not so much.
No one asked these same questions r.e. the fast tracking of azt and other hiv meds....

Why were those meds fast tracked w/o trials and hydrochloroquine is being roadblocked by many politicians ON BOTH SIDES???????

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Lol Thank you. Over at PP im R+L=Negan but apparently their mods are very thin-skinned and have an affinity for Mike Tomlin so I hope I can fit in here.

All spoilers are 100% (few things always change with editing etc) and from spoiling dead fans (rapid wd fans that literally follow the filming in Atl.

Okay...I'll play this game. So if we can guess the user, will you tell us if we're right or wrong?

I'm guessing this one is @BaconGrundleCandy from the Walking Dead thread. Right?

StairwayToSe7en

On the Game Day Roster
sophisticated? I think 'educated' is the world......we know rightie hates smart people

Tell us what you know about some these models, especially the one that has had the most influence over public policy - the Imperial College model. Perhaps you can touch upon some of the characteristics of systems of nonlinear stochastic differential equations.

Your buddies all failed, but maybe you can come to the rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.