Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth Sims

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
"Good" news...
NY daily deaths are down. 777. Down from 799 yesterday.

Peak may have been hit.

Bad news...
Jersey daily deaths still climbing. New cases about the same.

The small business stimulus packages are still a cluster####. EIDL and PPP programs are stalled. With no helpful info from anyone.

Many businesses closing (like for good) and even more layoffs as business owners can't afford payroll without these programs.

This is going to be a really bad recession/depression.

At this point, I really cannot blame the government for its performance handling the pandemic. Yes, there have been significant missteps across the board both at the State and Federal levels that have and continue to cost people their lives. But, there are just so many variables at work and so many differing opinions even in the scientific and medical fields that I’ve come to understand why those mistakes were made and continue to be made.

What I find inexcusable is government’s response to the financial crisis caused by the pandemic. From my lowly perch in life as a CSR in an insurance agency, I’ve the spent the last month talking with business owners who’ve had to close their business and other insureds who have lost their jobs. These people can’t pay their bills (the usual reason they call me), and they are scared.

When you speak with them about filing for unemployment or getting a CARES Act loan, you hear stories about unemployment websites that don’t work and phone calls not answered. You hear about banks and credit unions two weeks later who have no idea what’s going on. It’s a total mess lacking in leadership and understanding of just how on a razors edge so many working class people live. One thing it’s not lacking in is red tape which is inhibiting the allocated funds from getting into the hands of people who desperately need it.

I don’t understand at a time when a good chunk of State workers are home being paid to do nothing why they couldn’t get a few hours of training via webinar and be equipped with a phone, so they could take unemployment applications. I can’t understand why the Feds just couldn’t allow their SBA member banks to just administer the small business loan program. Why would it be so hard? The business owner provides his tax return to show his revenues and payroll expenses. The bank checks it against their own records and voila the bank approves the loan allowing the business to pay its employees.

It’s this stuff that’s going to worsen this financial crisis and make the road to recovery harder and longer. It’s thus stuff I find inexcusable.

maust1013

Just Another Guy
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Yeah that myth has been debunked for a while now. That was just another piece of Chinese misinformation.

So many sources of misinformation to choose from.
Thankfully I've still got the dog and SpongeBob giving it to me straight

LuRkeR1978

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Gotta say, between afternoon vodka and tonics and evening Crown Royal as well as my antisocial nature and our year round relocation to our mountainside vacation home a couple of years ago I'm feeling fairly prescient these days. Too bad there's no sports to bet on, 'cause apparently I'm on a streak.

The only difference between my quarantine days and my lazy off days is the remote window to my office computer lol. Today I just don't feel like working.

What it means pls ?

Great Minds Think Alike.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Until, of course, it ironically becomes a blue state and the corporate tax rate skyrockets and forces said MNCs to hit the eject button again. ;) But yes, I love Austin. Awesome city.

however, those places are where almost all innovation comes from........if it wasn't for blue state innovation, red states would still be using morse code

Mrs.PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
One way to allow people to return to work is to take temperatures to detect a fever.

There are pics of China scanning peoples foreheads. Evidently there is a helmet that heath pro can wear that detects hundreds of temps at a whack.

I’m suspicious of that as a sole diagnostic tool. There are many things which can skew the results. Recent Tylenol or Advil. Holding something cold against the site before temperature is taken. The weather itself if taken outside. Variables in individual’s “norm.” Time of Day (believe it or not) and let’s not forget that they’ve been proving over and over again that many people who are positive are not symptomatic. It’s very possible to have the virus and show no signs of it.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up
Apple is not going anywhere
Facebook is not going anywhere
Google is not going anywhere

But fact is, an awful lot of companies have left California for Texas (as well as other states) in recent years due to the less-than-friendly business policies California has as well as lower cost of living. The company that stands out the most to me is Toyota because I almost worked on a project for them. They were in California since the 50's and recently moved to the Dallas area. There are also a lot of companies that have left Massachusetts for North Carolina, particularly in the pharmaceutical sector.

Fact is when it comes to business moving, you see an awful lot of them going from blue to red. You don't see many going from red to blue.

Texas No.1 destination for companies leaving California for last 12 years

Texas held the No. 1 rank for attracting California companies – which has been the case every year for 12 years, according to a report by Spectrum Location Solutions. Roughly 660 California companies moved 765 facilities out of state in 2018 and 2019.
Companies are just like people. They are in the blue cities when young and once they get older and have a big family they go to the red states where it is cheap.

LuRkeR1978

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
I’m suspicious of that as a sole diagnostic tool. There are many things which can skew the results. Recent Tylenol or Advil. Holding something cold against the site before temperature is taken. The weather itself if taken outside. Variables in individual’s “norm.” Time of Day (believe it or not) and let’s not forget that they’ve been proving over and over again that many people who are positive are not symptomatic. It’s very possible to have the virus and show no signs of it.

Also, not everyone gets a fever.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter

Can;t we just be thankful Cuomo was wrong on that front? those states took drastic actions and saved a lot of lives...

The agenda of that channel...gotta just shake your head.

But this broad is the ****ing worst every time i see a clip from her or she tweets some BS

maust1013

Just Another Guy
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I watch just my local NBC news at 11:00 because there's too much misinformation out there ... I just want enough and I'm going out with a mask and mostly staying home ... .

So your local NBC news has just the right amount of misinformation? :D
Wish mine did ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.