PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Patriots will be "extremely and uncharacteristically" aggressive in Free Agency

He pretty much said exactly this, but everyone pushed it off as "excuse making."
Welcome to the board. 80% of posters are just here to criticize whatever they choose for the day.

I should say 80% of the posts because it’s probably 10% of the posters that make then.

If I had to guess, I think the game that most pissed off BB last year was getting pushed around by SF. he wants to build a power team...they looked very Pop Warner in that game.

He needed some beef and talent.
Actually I think that was an F-Ed up game they just didn’t show up for and it was an outlier.
I think losing to Denver and Houston pissed him off, the WAY they lost to KC infuriated him, and losing twice to Buffalo was a reality check.

of course then he brings back Brucie to play qb so who knows.

Oh I expected him to spend most of the money. Just not on the first day. :eek:

Exactly! Quite a few areas of need and mid level talent available, plus hopefully resigning some of our own can add up very quick. Wasn’t expecting all this on day 1 of tampering

Oh I expected him to spend most of the money. Just not on the first day. :eek:

but with that much cap room: it does make sense to close as many gaps as you can w high quality BEFORE the draft (and while most other teams cap strapped) IF YOU WANT to focus in the draft on only 1 or 2 POSITION and plan to move up or down to get YOUR GUY and not just the Best Available.

could this be indicator bb is after someone?

so Curran basically admits that he has no inside info on the pats and everything he thinks of just as much of a guess as anyone here.....none of these guys were mentioned by anyone in New England before today

I must say, I was not expecting Bill to be so agressive.

This to me signals that the Patriots are all-in on Cam Newton as QB1. This does not rule out a QB in the draft, but I think the coaching staff has a significant amount of faith in Cam.

Chuckled a tad back when this came out. BB rarely a big spender. Was wrong.

This to me signals that the Patriots are all-in on Cam Newton as QB1. This does not rule out a QB in the draft, but I think the coaching staff has a significant amount of faith in Cam.
Or building a rookie QB friendly roster.

His contract says otherwise.

Not aggressive enough ;)

So you think if Brady didn’t win the Sb belichick would have not spent the cap money he finally had the opportunity to use?
It was a joke, but nobody can laugh about Bill and Tom anymore

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back