Pick Results: SF: 38.2% at NE: 61.8%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I’ve never had a strong desire for world travel. I’ve traveled a lot domestically for my job and have really gotten to despise the airport shuffle.

I prefer slow and relaxing vacations in the wilderness. I’m more of a hiking & kayaking person rather than a Paris, Rome or Greece world traveler.

I went to Ireland 2 years ago and that was a long enough trip for my tastes. I could never survive a Far East trip. Show me some pics and that’s good enough for me!
That’s a shame. You’d probably love Japan and the culture there. That was one of the better vacations I’ve ever been on.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
Two of my sisters went to Portugal last year and said it was beautiful, cheap, and the food was great. Not a destination as well known as Spain, France or Italy, more of a hidden secret.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
That’s a shame. You’d probably love Japan and the culture there. That was one of the better vacations I’ve ever been on.
I’m ok with not having a desire to travel globally. We all have different things that appeal to us and it’s never been a bucket list thing for me

I have both Japanese and Chinese American in my family and I work for a subsidiary of a Japanese corporation. When I’m told how long their flights are, I realize it’s not for me. I think I’d even fly to Hawaii in 2 legs if I went there. I have family there too.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Where you guys thinking about heading to in Europe? My wife wants to go to London but she also wants to visit Italy, etc. So it's funny that you bring this up ;)

first place to go for me would be either Paris or Rome. It depends on what you’re into. Been to pretty much all of it with the balkans most recently.

FirstAndGoal

In the Starting Line-Up
I was taking the family to France (Paris and Beaune) and then Italy (Florence and Rome) in May but that fell through. Had it all planned since Christmas and then boom...

For those who like the Caribbean. Try Hawaii. I've been to a lot of Islands but the Hawaiian islands are still one of my favorite places for beach vacations. Weather is great. No humidity or bugs. Some of the worlds greatest tropical views. The thing that pushes it over the top for me is the fact it's a state. That means paved roads. Hospitals, CVS, ect. All the conveniences of home and all of the beauty of paradise. Been going there for years and my family still love going after many times. Get a hotel or better yet rent a place on the beach and make the trip as long as you can afford. Rent a convertible and drive. Make sure you don't just go to Oahu though for the true hawaiian experience.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I was taking the family to France (Paris and Beaune) and then Italy (Florence and Rome) in May but that fell through. Had it all planned since Christmas and then boom...

For those who like the Caribbean. Try Hawaii. I've been to a lot of Islands but the Hawaiian islands are still one of my favorite places for beach vacations. Weather is great. No humidity or bugs. Some of the worlds greatest tropical views. The thing that pushes it over the top for me is the fact it's a state. That means paved roads. Hospitals, CVS, ect. All the conveniences of home and all of the beauty of paradise. Been going there for years and my family still love going after many times. Get a hotel or better yet rent a place on the beach and make the trip as long as you can afford. Rent a convertible and drive. Make sure you don't just go to Oahu though for the true hawaiian experience.
Our 30th anniversary is in 5-years and that's one thing I was thinking about saving up for. She's always wanted to go to Hawaii and I'd obviously love to go as well. I've heard it's absolutely beautiful (expensive, but beautiful). NCL has a cruise that does all the islands that leaves out of Honolulu and that's what I was thinking of potentially doing that I thought might work out budget-wise.

FirstAndGoal

In the Starting Line-Up
Our 30th anniversary is in 5-years and that's one thing I was thinking about saving up for. She's always wanted to go to Hawaii and I'd obviously love to go as well. I've heard it's absolutely beautiful (expensive, but beautiful). NCL has a cruise that does all the islands that leaves out of Honolulu and that's what I was thinking of potentially doing that I thought might work out budget-wise.
You'll love it. You should check out offseason rates if that helps. Because of its location in the Pacific, only varies a few degrees between summer and winter so going offseason is just as good. Also, renting is a lot cheaper than resort hotel. I've done both and recommend the Sheraton Waikiki if you need to stay in Oahu. Right on the beach and is in the perfect location for Waikiki. If doing the cruise, if possible, stay a couple more days on Oahu. Lots to see that you will have difficulty getting to in a day or so. It is worth the trip though and you are going to love it.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Anyone done Alaska yet? That’s our next spot, although it may have to wait a few years until our daughter and subsequent child are old enough to remember and appreciate it.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
What do the fearful flyers do for ocean flights? I've found two Adavans (or similar) and three quick successive drinks is optimal.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What do the fearful flyers do for ocean flights? I've found two Adavans (or similar) and three quick successive drinks is optimal.

I'm not fearful, but flying across the pacific is pretty brutal time-wise.......I avoid drinking since it both dehydrates and makes you have to get up and pee..........15-20mg of ingested THC does the job........

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Anyone done Alaska yet? That’s our next spot, although it may have to wait a few years until our daughter and subsequent child are old enough to remember and appreciate it.
I did, it was beautiful. We did a cruise that I won at work almost 20-years ago and went there. Oddly enough, I had zero desire to cruise due to what I heard on the news about norovirus, etc. Was really turned off at the idea and honestly had no desire to go but it wasn't transferable. Thankfully, I couldn't have been more wrong. We had a great time, saw Juneau, Skagway and one of the glaciers, it was unbelievable. We've done a lot of cruises ever since and like I said, had it not been for that one, I probably would never have even considered them.

But yes, if you haven't been - I definitely recommend it :)

Last edited:

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
I hear it's beautiful, but have no desire to ever go. When I think vacation, the less people wear, the better. :cool:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian

patman12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Two of my sisters went to Portugal last year and said it was beautiful, cheap, and the food was great. Not a destination as well known as Spain, France or Italy, more of a hidden secret.
In my younger years I went to Madeira, Portugal. Beautiful place that locals went to when they wanted to get away from the tourists in Lisbon. Great food, excellent port and very friendly people.

patman12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
I used to travel globally for work and some of those trips became vacations. My favorites were Greece, Portugal, South Korea, Australia, and Peru.

My top spot for non-work related trip was Fiji. Gorgeous scenery, residents that allowed my wife and me into their homes, excellent food, mountain/rainforest hiking trails and tons of waterfalls were just some of the highlights.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I used to travel globally for work and some of those trips became vacations. My favorites were Greece, Portugal, South Korea, Australia, and Peru.

My top spot for non-work related trip was Fiji. Gorgeous scenery, residents that allowed my wife and me into their homes, excellent food, mountain/rainforest hiking trails and tons of waterfalls were just some of the highlights.
Did the residents give you and your wife that look after they invited you into their homes? ;)

Patsfanin Philly

Pro Bowl Player
If you want driveable, Bedford Springs in Bedford, PA or Nemacolin resort in western PA. Bedford used to be the Summer White House in the 1800's (pre air confditioning when DC in August was unbearable- now it;s unbearable 12 months a year). They built a resort with golf, spa and a few of the best restaurants ever in this small town. If you love wings, try Bay Boyz Bistro in town. . Nemacolin is a high end resort when NFL owners helicopter in for their meetings once in a while. That tells you the level of quality.. Recommend both if you want a drive and not fly.. Both have discounts from rack rate...