Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 38.2% at NE: 61.8%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
Taking inspiration from the good works of leader Fidel, I want to have a thread where we can all talk about what we are doing for leisure and pleasure.

I want to have a thread where we can all talk about what we are doing for leisure and pleasure.

Some rules that if you fail to follow will send you to the gulag:

1. Only positive posts

2. Only posts about what you enjoy, want to do, are going to do, etc.

3. Zero political talk.

4. Pictures encouraged.

5. Redistribute positive vibes. Compliment and encourage your fellow posters.

6. No arguing

7. Funny and positive videos encouraged.

8. Avoid anything that will start an argument.

9. Have fun

10. No politics.

Alright family. Lay back and take a load off. Don’t worry, be happy.
B678A24D-608F-489D-9E73-A3C85AB63DA3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Had hoped to cruise to Cuba at some point, but obviously, that won't be happening any time soon.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Shifting the topic to vacations - anyone been anywhere good in the last couple of years (obviously this year doesn't count)...?

maust1013

Just Another Guy
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
My last post coincidentally had a Cuban sandwich in it, but I was actually endorsing cannibalism.

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
Shifting the topic to vacations - anyone been anywhere good in the last couple of years (obviously this year doesn't count)...?
I was in St Maarten right before Covid got bad. Planning a Euro trip in a year

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I was in St Maarten right before Covid got bad. Planning a Euro trip in a year
We took a cruise over Christmas this past December - probably our last family one for a while now that my daughter is older (she's 25 and doesn't live at home). We spent the day at the beach in St. Thomas on one of the port days. It was absolutely beautiful. That was a good trip. We'd also like to visit Europe at some point, still trying to figure out a destination but hoping to do that at eventually as well.

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
We took a cruise over Christmas this past December - probably our last family one for a while now that my daughter is older (she's 25 and doesn't live at home). We spent the day at the beach in St. Thomas on one of the port days. It was absolutely beautiful. That was a good trip. We'd also like to visit Europe at some point, still trying to figure out a destination but hoping to do that at eventually as well.
I’ve always wanted to check out St Thomas. Have family ties to St Maarten so we usually go there. I hope Europe is doable soon

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I’ve always wanted to check out St Thomas. Have family ties to St Maarten so we usually go there. I hope Europe is doable soon
Where you guys thinking about heading to in Europe? My wife wants to go to London but she also wants to visit Italy, etc. So it's funny that you bring this up ;)

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
How did Andy Dufresne crawl through that sewer pipe?

Bus tour through Central Falls is a good buy.

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Aruba, Aruba, Aruba... We've been there 6 times in the last 7 years. Weather is almost always perfect, south of the hurricane belt. We go all inclusive and it's a really fantastic family vacation if you're into the beach, relaxing, fantasy food and drinks, nightly music, dancing, live shows. In our many times to the island it's rained a total of 20 minutes. Beaches are amazing, there's plenty to do for the kids on the resort and elsewhere. Excursions are amazing as well. Aruba all inclusive is great because we have great family time during the day and early evening, then the kids (11 & 14 now) go back to the room to chill out and go to sleep around 10 whilst mom and dad enjoy the entertainment and beverages. To anyone looking for a family vacation in which mom and dad like to enjoy their adult beverages, highly recommend Aruba (Divi AI Resort). The Wuhan made us cancel this year so we couldn't go; we hope to head back next year.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Aruba, Aruba, Aruba... We've been there 6 times in the last 7 years. Weather is almost always perfect, south of the hurricane belt. We go all inclusive and it's a really fantastic family vacation if you're into the beach, relaxing, fantasy food and drinks, nightly music, dancing, live shows. In our many times to the island it's rained a total of 20 minutes. Beaches are amazing, there's plenty to do for the kids on the resort and elsewhere. Excursions are amazing as well. Aruba all inclusive is great because we have great family time during the day and early evening, then the kids (11 & 14 now) go back to the room to chill out and go to sleep around 10 whilst mom and dad enjoy the entertainment and beverages. To anyone looking for a family vacation in which mom and dad like to enjoy their adult beverages, highly recommend Aruba (Divi AI Resort). The Wuhan made us cancel this year so we couldn't go; we hope to head back next year.
Aruba is up on our list...hopefully after my son is out of the house. We've wanted to go there for years and it's definitely on her wish list. Would definitely love to to do an all-inclusive. I'll have to look into the one you suggested, but yes, that's definitely somewhere we'd like to travel to at some point.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Where you guys thinking about heading to in Europe? My wife wants to go to London but she also wants to visit Italy, etc. So it's funny that you bring this up ;)
Spent 3 weeks in Italy and Greece last year. The Vatican was the most extravagant place I have ever seen - priceless artifacts and paintings everywhere you look, even up.

The Amalfi Coast in southern Italy is also amazing. We drove there from Rome for fun, and a warning, the South Italians are the worst drivers I have ever encountered in my life. You could not have imagined civilized people could drive this way. Almost worth it just to see that. Pompeii is also close by and worth an afternoon visit.

Greece is more relaxed. Santorini was nice but Mykonos was the most relaxing spot (and my favourite beach spot) of the whole vacation. Will definitely go to Mykonos again. Athens is almost destroyed by graffiti (actually looks like a bankrupt 1st world country) and wouldn't recommend more than a day there. The archaeological sites are also far less of an experience in Athens than they were in Rome.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I’ve never had a strong desire for world travel. I’ve traveled a lot domestically for my job and have really gotten to despise the airport shuffle.

I prefer slow and relaxing vacations in the wilderness. I’m more of a hiking & kayaking person rather than a Paris, Rome or Greece world traveler.

I went to Ireland 2 years ago and that was a long enough trip for my tastes. I could never survive a Far East trip. Show me some pics and that’s good enough for me!