SOURCE:Boston.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

ANNOUNCEMENT Covid Threads

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ian, May 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,566
    I'm not surprised that this site still has a bunch of loudmouth public health deniers who aren't clear on how contagious pathogens works.

But because I love you all, I'll rage quote (and chuckle quote & agree quote) below. (I think I actually picked people to quote that I agree with for the most part)

C19K100KGs

And every home game.

Unfortunately you're right. We'll see the results of everybody getting together, shrugging, and saying "gotta die of something" in a few weeks. Or maybe, summer weather IS your friend, in which case we double down for a really really cool rebound in the fall!

Sure, what the hell, I'll hope there's something unknown that's going to make it seem silly in retrospect to be worried, just like I'm hoping that an incredible looking ****tail waitress with daddy issues decides she wants to get a COVID test, move in with us, and do the housekeeping in nothing but a thong and heels, and Mrs. P suddenly decides I'm such a great guy, I deserve to keep her. But after the first 100K deaths in less than 3 months, I'm thinking we ain't gonna win the golden ticket on this one.

So, 100K and counting for the first wave, and then Memorial Day Sexy Fun Time Parties. What could go wrong?

You know what? With all the slope browed knuckle dragging mouth breathers yammering about their rights and how terrified people are if they have any sense of public health, I have a fackin problem with it.

You spread the virus and don't get hurt, that's not you winning your retarded bet. It's you personally surviving your contribution to someone else getting sick or dying.

None of this **** can be judged by what you have the individual right to do, any more than you have an individual right to drive drunk.

I think, per some other folks here, that the whole season is predicated on the idea of everybody staying healthy, and it ain't happening. You get one COVID case on a team you're playing against, what's going to be the player reaction?

I actually don't think this season's happening.

What Helmet said.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,604
    BB would look pretty sinister in a Bane mask. Hope if he does, he comes up with something cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,721
    BB isn't a fat, insecure, painted little clown person who desperately needs everyone to love him so he'll do what is best for himself and his team even if it means dressing up in one of those full-body Naked Gun condoms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,091
    upload_2020-5-26_19-32-36.jpeg
    Pajama boy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Wordsmyth

Wordsmyth PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,755
    I have a Bane mask. I've been wearing it for work.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,721
    Which is smarter:

To ignore expert advice because know-nothing types have bizarrely equated taking safety precautions as a direct representation of penis size.
    or
    Wear a mask because it doesn't hurt and might help prevent disruption to team management.

All the tiny peepee types please feel free to explain how wearing a mask is a bad thing if you stop equating it to masculinity. I'd hold my breath but you dumb bastards probably won't be around that long anyways.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  7. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +37,445
    The goal was never to prevent people from getting it rather just not getting it all at the same time. We've flattened the curve. The hospitals are pretty much empty. So if someone tests positive they'll have to self quarantine for two weeks. The rest will continue to play and get tested.

That should be the plan now that the hospitals are no longer in danger of becoming overwhelmed at the moment.

Not dismissing your concerns because they are real but the nation needs to get back to work.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,091
    There was nothing in my post about hospitals, the nation, the curve, or the goal. I was only talking about the season and how COVID19 will affect it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pape

Pape Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,216
    A corrupt policing issue? wtf does that mean?

It's all about race.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.