Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
OK...here's the deal:

I can't mod these types of threads due the demands my job requires. It was a little lighter in the early-going but recent developments have seen things weigh me down again during the day. I'm not able to devote the necessary attention to properly follow it and try and keep them from going off the rails. Even when I did, many of you pushed far and above and then complained about fairness, etc. The deeper I got involved, the more I ended up seeing sides of people I wish I hadn't seen. It's disappointing. I had interactions with some of you that are upsetting, but it was never personal and I always tried to be as fair as I could.

Obviously for a while, I was trying to provide an outlet for people, but it was too much. Ultimately, I had to bow out because I have a lot of behind-the-scenes work from a technical standpoint that this place requires and only have a few hours a night to do it. Typically, that was the worst time as while I stepped away, that was generally when things deteriorated.

I've found that moderating a political thread on a football board is impossible because you're essentially standing between two groups of people who really don't like each other and there are always a few ready and looking forward to verbally squaring off in a nasty fashion. The worst part is, people who normally wouldn't get into some ridiculous argument over football will over politics. It's completely stupid and defeats the purpose of what this place is about.

This is a football forum, and the point of this site is to follow/discuss the Patriots. I think all of you know me enough to know I've tried to cater as best I can to everyone over the years and clearly, in this case, it was an egregious error on my part (again). I should have stuck to my guns the first time around, but unfortunately, I didn't. That's on me, and I obviously apologize to everyone in here for not admitting my mistake the first time and just leaving things alone.

If you're upset, I'm sorry. I've given everything I've had to try and create a place to come talk football and one that all of you enjoy visiting. I've gotten to know quite a few of you on a personal level. Quite a few have also been through personal struggles, tragedies and we've all been there for each other through all of it. Seeing many of you going at it over nothing (let's face it, no argument in a thread is going to fix what's going on in the world) just sucks and it's pointless.

Needless to say, for people to continue to sling crap at each other on a daily basis in a political thread and then to get pissed off and leave is ridiculous. It goes against the entire foundation of why I put this site together and it's led to incidents in the last few months that I'm frankly tired of. It puts the mods in a bad spot and it's clearly a no-win situation.

But enough is enough. This obviously isn't working so I'll spend some time to try and come up with a solution because I understand we're in the middle of a pandemic and it's a topic that needs to be discussed.

For anyone who has any suggestions, I'm certainly all ears and you can obviously PM me. But otherwise, that's about all I'm willing to say right about this for now.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I appreciate the kind words from those who posted in this but I'm deleting the responses and shutting this down because it's not a thread about me or who did/didn't do the right thing. It's about the fact that I'm more frustrated with the stake it's driven between people over essentially nothing. No one won in this and it's aggravating that it reached this point to begin with.

Again, if you want to PM me, feel free. I'm just sorry that it came down to this (again).

Chevrolet

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Bill is 68. CDC lists age >65 as a risk factor for severe outcomes from new COVID infection. It also recommends that these high risk groups minimize trips away from home and maintain social distancing.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Unlike most other staff and players and most other coaches, Bill would really be at risk for hospitalization or ICU admission if he gets COVID.

I hope some precautions will be taken for BB that are >> most of the younger coaches and players.

? maybe he should coach from press box?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
I will say that I’ve personally always loved the idea of Bill coached from a little spaceship.

A552FDBC-B61E-401E-8EC8-C1D873D673A4.jpeg

masterbouncer

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
its not critical just because you are old, its critical depending on your health conditions.
"Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions"

Most elder people have some kind of (more or less severe) underlying medical conditions, which makes people 60+ more vulnarabel to the virus

BB is probably around the 1-3% of the most fittest people in the world in the age of >65, it is risky but not just because he is old, he seems to have taken care about his body and health in his life, which most other people his age didn't, were not able to, or not willing to afford.

Brandon_Cox

BB is probably around the 1-3% of the most fittest people in the world in the age of >65,
What?!? Dude, he's working on a D cup. You could have easily gotten away with BB is probably around the 1-3% of the sharpest/smartest/ballsiest people in the world in the age of >65, but fittest? Come on now.

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What?!? Dude, he's working on a D cup. You could have easily gotten away with BB is probably around the 1-3% of the sharpest/smartest/ballsiest people in the world in the age of >65, but fittest? Come on now.
Yeah, BB has gained some weight the last 20 years....but I'd say he's pretty healthy/fit for someone pushing 70. He still walks the sidelines for 3 hours on Sundays...and I never see him sitting down during practices. Am sure he is still hitting the treadmill.... exercising at that age doesn't yield the same results as doing the same exercises at 20. In other words, just not looking like he's gonna drop dead any minute is a good sign of his health.

Elijah

The Tom Brady Of Not Having A Gf
PatsFans.com Supporter
Pretty sure most linemen in the league are also high risk.

Chevrolet

its not critical just because you are old, its critical depending on your health conditions.
"Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions"

Most elder people have some kind of (more or less severe) underlying medical conditions, which makes people 60+ more vulnarabel to the virus

BB is probably around the 1-3% of the most fittest people in the world in the age of >65, it is risky but not just because he is old, he seems to have taken care about his body and health in his life, which most other people his age didn't, were not able to, or not willing to afford.

Below is the text from CDC. from CDC website
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Note it states 65 years of age or older OR having serious underlying medical conditions.
If he were to get COVID he would be considered at high risk for hospitalization or worse.

If a second wave comes in November/December he needs to be careful

Updated April 23, 2020

COVID-19 can affect anyone, and the disease can cause symptoms ranging from mild to very severe. For some other illnesses caused by respiratory viruses (such as influenza), some people may be more likely to have severe illness than others because they have characteristics or medical conditions that increase their risk. These are commonly called “risk factors.” Examples include being 65 years of age or older or having serious underlying medical conditions.

CDC is conducting disease surveillance and field investigations to better understand why some people are more likely to develop severe COVID-19 illness. This is one of the top priorities in CDC’s strategy to combat COVID-19. What we learn from these efforts will provide vital information to help CDC scientists and other public health officials make decisions to protect our most vulnerable populations.

CDC carries out these activities in collaboration with state, local, and territorial health departments; public health, commercial, and clinical laboratories; vital statistics offices; health care providers; emergency departments; and academic and private sector partners.

Why Risk Factors Matter
People with risk factors may be more likely to need hospitalization or intensive care if they have COVID-19, or they may be more likely to die of the infection.

Brick27

In the Starting Line-Up
Any good data out there on outcomes of 65+ individuals who don’t have any obvious existing health issues? Of course the idea of older age in general bringing more risk makes sense on its own. Just would be curious to see some breakdowns. Seems like it’s kind of murky, but then again, a lot of the data is in general.

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Team doctors everywhere. Personal physician always on speed dial and ready to help at a moments notice. A lot of us don’t live in this type of world.

Status
Not open for further replies.