PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Covid thread for the other 31 teams

The NFL's unwillingness to have a consistent enforcement policy on how they handle various situations has been one of their biggest weaknesses the past 15 or so years. They appear to just make things up on the fly and are significantly influenced by what they believe is public opinion.
“Appear?“ That’s been their business model for years, lol.

I don’t think NE will make (or deserves to make) the playoffs. Having said that, I think there are several scenarios NE finishes 9-7 and makes the postseason. Getting to 9-7 would be a great accomplishment IMO and if they DID go 5-1, I’d have much respect for their effort and pride.
I think many Pats fans got burned in 2018 when they declared the season over after Gordon went out and they lost to the Titans and Steelers. Now that the Pats are in real danger of missing out on the playoffs those fans aren't feeling as froggy about predicting the season over.

Then we have the "fans" that want the Pats to lose every game.

As for your "deserve to win" comment, that's exactly why I can't stomach the 4 team divisions and the fact that teams can make it to the playoffs with poorer records than other teams. The players and fans of the better teams deserve better.

I think many Pats fans got burned in 2018 when they declared the season over after Gordon went out and they lost to the Titans and Steelers. Now that the Pats are in real danger of missing out on the playoffs those fans aren't feeling as froggy about predicting the season over.

Then we have the "fans" that want the Pats to lose every game.

As for your "deserve to win" comment, that's exactly why I can't stomach the 4 team divisions and the fact that teams can make it to the playoffs with poorer records than other teams. The players and fans of the better teams deserve better.
I always cheer for the win. I, like you, have a hard time understanding the tank-love-let’s-lose-club.

The way NE has played this year, there is no question they don’t deserve to make the playoffs. They are inconsistant, lacking in key areas, and though they’ve been in position to make a big play late - they always seem to fall short.

I'd say I would be surprised if they end up playing but the league just made a team play with no QB yesterday so who knows?

I'd say I would be surprised if they end up playing but the league just made a team play with no QB yesterday so who knows?

I can't wait till the league decides to let the Ravens off the hook without a fine or loss of draft picks while Kraft had to absorb a $350K fine. Maybe he'll finally learn his lesson about coddling up to Goodell.

I can't wait till the league decides to let the Ravens off the hook without a fine or loss of draft picks while Kraft had to absorb a $350K fine. Maybe he'll finally learn his lesson about coddling up to Goodell.
Did anything ever happen with their bluetooth earpiece on the sideline?

Did anything ever happen with their bluetooth earpiece on the sideline?
Nope.

The Ravens called it "a mistake" and I guess that was good enough for the league. Funny how when it's the Patriots that say "it's a mistake" - like when a third party video crew recently pointed a camera at the Bengals sidelines for a Patriots documentary- it's dealt with very differently by the league. Go figure.

I wonder if "Good of the 32" Kraft coddling up to Goodell after Goodell pretty much directly called Brady a cheater was an underreported factor in Brady's exit.

I wonder if Chris Mortensen still thinks Goodell's handling of Covid is his "Hall of fame moment."

The Broncos QB's all tested negative again today and apparently would have been eligible to play today but the NFL told them they're SOL. The Ravens game keeps getting pushed back to get more guys ready to play. Amazing how blatantly obvious the league is making it that they're favoring some teams over others.

Amazing how blatantly obvious the league is making it that they're favoring some teams over others.
Hey, the NFL office is grossly incompetant, but I would have been upset if they had rewarded Denver for their own stupidity. Denver's situation was caused by blatanty violating meeting and mask-wearing policies. If such violations were the cause of Baltimore's outbreak, they don't deserve to be cut any slack. But... it isn't clear that they (Ravens) screwed up protocols, willfully.

So is the Steelers-Ravens game the first Wednesday night game in NFL history?

So is the Steelers-Ravens game the first Wednesday night game in NFL history?
The 2012 season opener was on Wednesday to avoid Obama’s DNC speech on Thursday. Before that, the last Wednesday NFL game was 1948.

Dez was out on the field warming up then pulled for a positive test. Unsurprisingly the NFL is plowing ahead with the game and Dez is melting down on Twitter.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back