PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could we see a rd 2 of the 2007 AFCCG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest4SevenHomie

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The one where the Chargers were banged up, had no running game and Rivers played with a acl injury and Brady played like crap but the defense was lit as hell?

Only a few may remember this, but the Pats last drive was epic. No points, but they killed the last like 9 minutes off the clock. I'm sure when the Chargers gave up the ball with 9 and half minutes left they were expecting to see the ball again, but no such luck.

Are this Chargers team better or worse than the '07-'08 Chargers?

Only a few may remember this, but the Pats last drive was epic. No points, but they killed the last like 9 minutes off the clock. I'm sure when the Chargers gave up the ball with 9 and half minutes left they were expecting to see the ball again, but no such luck.
Say what you want about him but Maroney played like a beast that last drive.

There is no game but the next one and we don't even know who that opponent will be but any real Pats fan knows whoever it is they deserve more respect than being looked past. Looking down the road at any potential AFCCG opponent is foolish never mind contrasting it with a game from 11 freaking years ago just to have an excuse to diss Brady or the Pats. The shtick is lame

Better offensive for sure. A little better defense but we're not playing any 2007-08 teams.

I wouldn't say much worse. I think defensively they are better so maybe in total slightly worse. Based on my memory which sucks especially after my second (third?? ) glass of wine.
IDK, look at the players on that 2007 D. Kinda amazing.
2007 Pats defense gave up 17.1 points per game, and were rated 4th overall in both points and yards allowed. That defense was much better than this current one, in my opinion.

If we see a rematch of the ‘07 AFCCG it may not go down the way we hope it does. LA has some big, powerful WRs, a decent RB, a shutdown CB, and guys like Bosa and Ingram on the defensive front. I think that it would be a big challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes