PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could "Hollywood" Brown be a fit for the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is Marquise Brown a good fit for the Patriots

• Yes, go get him BB!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, cos we don't draft WR divas

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Depends on how much we have to trade up

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
1551303667_e66fbd9865cb33d8bc1a1bd81bb7482c.jpg

Marquise Brown is a very explosive wide receiver. The Patriots need help at WR after letting a couple go due to free agency. Julian Edelman is our only 'reliable' option at the WR position. To top that off, Gronk retired this season, taking away one of our top red zone targets.

Highlights:

Brown's explosive speed is evident from his highlights. He only stands at 5'9 but that was the same size as Deion Branch, except Brown looks like a more explosive playmaker.

The only reason Brown might even be a viable target is his recent lis franc foot injury.
Pats did take a chance on a playmaker with an injury, Gronk, and it worked out for us.

So should the Patriots roll the dice on "Hollywood" Brown even though he got injured and was unable to run at the Combine? Would he be able to help compensate for the loss of Gronk and previously Cooks in the Pats offense?

2nd round if he is available yes

Trading up? Pass

I wouldn't want to trade up for a receiver recovering from a foot injury like that, but I certainly wouldn't be against adding him to the team. He'd bring a downfield element we haven't really replaced since Cooks left. He's also tiny, however. I don't think he's even 170. That worries me when it comes to taking NFL hits.

I wouldn't want to trade up for a receiver recovering from a foot injury like that, but I certainly wouldn't be against adding him to the team. He'd bring a downfield element we haven't really replaced since Cooks left. He's also tiny, however. I don't think he's even 170. That worries me when it comes to taking NFL hits.

Well, the new rules regarding "defenseless" receivers is going to make things interesting..

Agree with @reamer his size concerns me. When he graduated he was 130lbs and prior to his injury for combine he was around 166lbs. Just not sure how he would cope with the demands

Marquise Brown is a very explosive wide receiver. The Patriots need help at WR after letting a couple go due to free agency. Julian Edelman is our only 'reliable' option at the WR position. To top that off, Gronk retired this season, taking away one of our top red zone targets.

Highlights:

Brown's explosive speed is evident from his highlights. He only stands at 5'9 but that was the same size as Deion Branch, except Brown looks like a more explosive playmaker.

The only reason Brown might even be a viable target is his recent lis franc foot injury.
Pats did take a chance on a playmaker with an injury, Gronk, and it worked out for us.

So should the Patriots roll the dice on "Hollywood" Brown even though he got injured and was unable to run at the Combine? Would he be able to help compensate for the loss of Gronk and previously Cooks in the Pats offense?

Murray to Brown has some Mahomes to Tyreek Hill vibes going on. Wouldn’t love the pick, but I could get behind having that level of explosion and speed on the team. It would certainly open up space for Edelman.

This is what I love about this WR draft. I’ve said it before, but whatever style of WR you want, this draft provides it and at different levels too. Miss out on Brown or think a first is too rich? Then you can still look at a Parris Campbell, Terry McLaurin, Emmanuel Hall or Darius Slayton. Having said that, Hollywood does seem to have an X factor those others might not (but that might just be because he plays in the Big 12 where, frankly, the defenses can be pretty horrible).

No, because he weighs 166 pounds sopping wet

His Cousin is one of the Beter WR's in the Game nuff said. That said;) put me down Hollywood plays at a different speed that you can clearly see on tape. Murray looked for him a lot. :cool:

Highlights:

This to me the play where they are at the goal line Murray starts to run the defender bears down he makes a perfect pass on the run to Brown for the TD.
It was Mahommes like that's why he will be the number 1 pick and why the Cardinals will jettison Rosen after just one season.
Wow

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back