PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveEG

Rookie
Reaction score
To the victor, the spoils. As a Falcons fan, I never thought the game was won. I told my wife at half time we needed 10 points to win. We got 7. Great job by the Patriots D! The Patriots offense should move the ball on our defense. It was the defensive stops the Patriots got that impressed me the most. They twice repelled the Falcons when they moved into FG position. You can question the offensive play calls all you want, but the Patriots had to make plays. They got it done.

I'm not as disappointed in the Falcons as most are. They fell short to the GOAT. It happens. I felt like our coaching staff did a great job of game planning. The could have called a better game late, but the players could have made a play as well. Really what it comes down to is the Patriots were out of mulligans with a quarter to play and they hit every shot on both sides of the ball down the center of the fairway. Well done!

Very very classy of you. As good as our fanbase feels, I'm sure your fanbase feels utter devastation right now and that's just a sick, empty feeling. You guys played a hell of a game and I see the Atlanta Falcons being a force to be reckoned with for the next several years.

To the victor, the spoils. As a Falcons fan, I never thought the game was won. I told my wife at half time we needed 10 points to win. We got 7. Great job by the Patriots D! The Patriots offense should move the ball on our defense. It was the defensive stops the Patriots got that impressed me the most. They twice repelled the Falcons when they moved into FG position. You can question the offensive play calls all you want, but the Patriots had to make plays. They got it done.

I'm not as disappointed in the Falcons as most are. They fell short to the GOAT. It happens. I felt like our coaching staff did a great job of game planning. The could have called a better game late, but the players could have made a play as well. Really what it comes down to is the Patriots were out of mulligans with a quarter to play and they hit every shot on both sides of the ball down the center of the fairway. Well done!

I appreciate graciousness and sportsmanship. Well done, sir.

I also appreciate that the Falcons chose not to run when they were in FG range with 4 minutes left.;)

@DaveEG We feel your pain, we lost a couple on miraculous catches. I am in shock as a fan of the winning team right now. I can't imagine how I would feel if I was on the other side of this. This was just ridiculous.

Peace, brother.

Classy post, and iirc you were equally classy throughout the pregame hostilities. Come back next year.

Best of luck to atl, they should Stay contenders If not traumatized by greatest comeback EVAH

VERY classy to come back and post this. I have seen lots of fan bases come through here, different big games... and the norm is taunting or just not coming back, depending on the outcome...

I know it hurts, believe it or not, around here we can't even think of the 18-1 year without throwing up in our mouths... that hurt. That hurt a lot. The Bears hurt in the 80s, the Packers hurt in the 90s... You can't go there and come up short and have it not hurt. Class is what you do even when it does hurt. I don't know that I could have come back and posted this if it were me being the visitor.

Thank you - and you've got a spectacular nucleus at Atlanta. To say you gave us all we could handle would be the understatement of the year.

See you next year in Foxboro and then maybe in Minnesota.

respect Dave as a Saints fan. Very nice post and takes guts to be a good football fan. Wish there were more like you in Atlanta, your a great football fan.
If you go to the Dome look me up and we can have fun with our games. Respect for making it to the big game, and having the guts to posts.
You will find that all the lies told about the Patriots are false and these are the best fans in the NFL if you stick around

Last edited:
So much respect for your post DaveEG, I would have been gutted. I have nothing but respect for Matt and Julio, they're so hard to root against cause both are class acts. While I'm not sorry for the outcome, I certainly have sympathy and am sure you will have continued success with those players. Best of luck in the future!

That Atlanta defense really surprised me in the first half. They definitely outperformed my expectations.

I've seen enough of Brady in the Super Bowl to know that he won't be denied if he has any say in the matter. If the team is down, he'll always put them in a position to win, and they really only lose in super bowls when the defense has a letdown right at the end. In recent years, our defense has been too good to have those letdowns when the game is really on the line, and that made it possible to complete the comeback.

Either way, great game. It was nice to finally have a freak catch work out in our favor for once.

Very big of you.. It was good talking to you this week. You made me question things. Unfortunately your fellow friends here in Houston were not as amicable. They all thought they won the SB at halftime. I told them there is whole other half to be played. I got responses not worth posting here.

But to go back to my point in other threads this week I told you 36-25 is what the numbers say. It was pretty close.

Classy move dude. Great game, your team brought it. I didn't hate them

Big props for so much class from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots