SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
White Wash
It was a whitewash in Miami as the Patriots defense rocked the Dolphins and New England improved to 2-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Concerts of 2016

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Boomer B, May 10, 2016.

1. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,370
    ---
    Thought I'd start a thread about concerts we've seen this year. I've seen 2 great shows so far and will be seeing The Who Friday night in Vancouver. Hopefully it's 3 for 3.

Saw Bruce Springsteen in Seattle in March. Great show. He truly is the best live performer ever. The guy is 66 years old and played for over 3 1/2 hrs. A Springsteen show is part frat party, part political rally, and part going to church. I've seen him 7x now and it's always a great show.

Saw Iron Maiden last month in Vancouver. Bruce Dickinson at 57 and just getting over throat cancer can still sing better then artists half his age. Maiden are a great live band. I went with 4 friends, 3 of them their 1st Maiden shows and everyone loved it. They play with a lot of energy and don't do a "greatest hits" type show. That was one of the only complaints from my buddies that they didn't play songs like Run to the Hills or Aces High.

2. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,109
    ---
    joe Satriani in march at the Orpheum in Boston.

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,930
    ---
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,370
    ---
    Imagine seeing that Oldchella lineup 40 yrs ago? Would have been the best concert lineup ever.

Not a big fan of festivals and sitting in a field all day. There's a festival close to Vancouver this summer that includes Pearl Jam (great live band), the Killers, and many others but I'm gonna pass.

I've seen the Stones 3x. Once in high school in 89 and 2x in the 90's. I have passed the last few times they've come even though I love their music. Paying $500 for decent seats and the fact their backing band covers for them now (Keith barely seems to playing at times) is a little much. Seen the Who 3x (1st was in 89 as well) and they put on a great show. Seeing them Friday night.

5. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,370
    ---
    2 of my brothers just saw him a few weeks ago. They loved it. I appreciate his talent, but I find the constant soloing a little boring. I like songs, melody, etc...

6. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,226
    ---
    On April 10 my best buddy who lives in Charlotte called me and said he had a free ticket for the Jimmy Buffett concert there on 4/23. I'm a lifelong Buffett fan, having first seen him in '71 at Paul's Mall when he opened for Chris Hillman and Roger McGuinn (Byrds). No one knew who the f### he was. He came out alone with a Cowboy hat, cut off jean shorts and cowboy boots and stole the show. Over the years I became a real fan and went to see him at Great Woods, Tampa, Charlotte, New Orleans., Key West. Over the last 15 years, or so, I grew tired of hearing him sing his greatest hits. Like many artists, he has many deep cuts that are so far superior to his commercial hits. Anyway, the free ticket was in row 7, middle section. That makes all the difference in the world. The show was great. I would not pay the price to see the same show 60 rows away, but a free ticket in row 7 was good. His last song was Purple Rain in a nod to Prince. Stayed in Charlotte with my buddy for 5 days, drank beer like a wild dog, went to some minor league baseball games and came home exhausted.

7. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,370
    ---
    So I saw The Who Friday night. What a great night! My buddies company shares a box at Rogers Arena in Vancouver with 2 other companies and he was able to get me 4 seats in the box. I have 3 older brothers, all fans of The Who, so they got the other 3 tickets. We went out for dinner and a few drinks before, and settled into the box and a few more drinks before the show started (there is a bar right outside our box which was very convenient!)

I have loved the Who since I was in about Gr 9 in the late 80's. Their brand of high energy, triumphant rock music is perfect for an arena or stadium, but with Daltry and Townshend in their 70's my expectations weren't as high as the other Who shows I've seen. I didn't check out the setlists prior to the show or anything, just wanted a good Friday night out with my brothers. The one word for the concert I'd use is "Celebration". This 50th anniversary tour is really a celebration of the band and their amazing catalogue of music. The pacing and setlist for the show was brilliant. Started with Who Are You which automatically had the crowd going and then into the Seeker. Next was a set of early Who classics like The Kids Are Alright, I Can See for Miles, Pictures of Lily, and My Generation. They then moved into the 70's with Behind Blue Eyes, Bargain, Squeeze Box, Join Together and early 80's with You Better You Bet and Eminence Front. Then came a 3 song Quadrophenia set and a 3 song Tommy set. They closed the show with Baba O'Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again.

Daltry's voice held up well and I think was actually better then the last time I saw them about 10 years ago or so. He hit the notes in Love Reign O'er Me and the scream in Won't Get Fooled Again. Townshend doesn't jump around like he used to but he still windmills and still plays with intensity. They are older but still give it 100%. The setlist was so good that there were strings of songs where I wanted to go get another beer but kept putting it off 'cause I didn't want to miss the song! good thing there were 4 of us so we each only had to miss 2 songs at most. This will probably be the last time I see them and I couldn't have asked for more. A great show and a great night.

[​IMG]

8. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,370
    ---
    I'm not even a fan of Jimmy Buffett's but seeing him somewhere in the southeast sounds like it would be a blast.

9. ArchAngel007

ArchAngel007 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,181
    ---
    Saw Tool in January, Metallica in February planning on going to Ozzfest meets Knotfest.