PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Still Reeling, At Least in the Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Fanfrom1960 said:
And if you thought Manning threw the offensive line under the Greyhound, let's just say that Polian drove the bus, backed over his offensive line a few times, then did some doughnuts. Don't be surprised if somebody pays, either offensive coordinator Tom Moore or offensive line coach Howard Mudd. Or both.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060122/COLUMNISTS01/601220468/1100/SPORTS03

They are still reeling all right. I got a real kick out of Googling Peyton Manning and reading all the negative articles that popped up. One was titled: Peyton Manning: a Loser AND a Jerk? It really warmed my heart.

Kravitz starts off great, then lets Peyton off the hook at the end as is always the case with Peyton. He just can't be criticized.

This is the best part:

"The quarterback wasn't the problem on Sunday,'' Polian said during a lively and often contentious interview. When one of the hosts, Chris Russo, challenged Polian's assertion, the team president resorted to the old standby. "You don't know football well enough to know where to place the blame,'' he said.

But Polian does know football well enough.......

BTW, I just saw The Longest Yard last night and there is a scene in that where Adam Sandler waves off the punt team. I wonder if this is where Peyton got the idea?

Bill's Girl said:
This is the best part:

"The quarterback wasn't the problem on Sunday,'' Polian said during a lively and often contentious interview. When one of the hosts, Chris Russo, challenged Polian's assertion, the team president resorted to the old standby. "You don't know football well enough to know where to place the blame,'' he said.

BTW, I just saw The Longest Yard last night and there is a scene in that where Adam Sandler waves off the punt team. I wonder if this is where Peyton got the idea?

That just shows you that until they are able to function with a normal mentality--they will never win the big one!

Bill's Girl said:
This is the best part:

Reminds me of Tom Cruise informing Matt Lauer "You don't know the history of psychiatry. I DO." I am still snickering about that one.

Is there anyone more unlikeable in the NFL than Bill Polian?

The Colts lost? Who knew?

it's so simple

Bella*chick said:
They are still reeling all right. I got a real kick out of Googling Peyton Manning and reading all the negative articles that popped up. One was titled: Peyton Manning: a Loser AND a Jerk? It really warmed my heart.
"look, folks, i came out here to say i really messed up. i want to apologize to me teammates for saying ANYTHING thet could have been teisted up that way. you don't pass for huge yardage every year unless you got an proud and stalwart OL . i also want to apologize to the other members of this team. it was just after we came off the field, and really i should have just kept my mouth shut. in fact, i should not have come out here at all.
i hope y'all will accept this apology. now i need to go make amends with our offensive line."

can you imagine all the good press?
what the heck is archie thinking? what's polian thinking? where is his agent, in the bahamas? yeah, it's his mememe thing. but his advisers should be hung by their thumbs for allowing him to get into situations where he makes all these stupid statements, repeatedly, for 5 years.

ilduce06410 said:
"look, folks, i came out here to say i really messed up. i want to apologize to me teammates for saying ANYTHING thet could have been teisted up that way. you don't pass for huge yardage every year unless you got an proud and stalwart OL . i also want to apologize to the other members of this team. it was just after we came off the field, and really i should have just kept my mouth shut. in fact, i should not have come out here at all.
i hope y'all will accept this apology. now i need to go make amends with our offensive line."

Hey, that's really good! Of course, now that Daddy and Crazy A** Polian have made things even worse, it wouldn't work, but you'd think someone with his interests would have reacted to the bad press and done something like this in the immediate aftermath. I mean, Eli received pretty good press for taking the loss of his team on his shoulders...can't Peyton even look at the example in his own family and learn from it?

Apparently not, because he is Peyton the All Perfect.

ilduce06410 said:
He doesn't even have to go that far. People are very forgiving of athletes who speak when emotional. All he has to say is, "It was a devastaing and emotional loss and I was distraught. What I said did not match how I felt at the time or now. We won as a team and we lost as a team. No single component was responsible solely for winning or losing. I thank all my teammates for their efforts, and I know that will be be back as strong as ever next year."

It isn't even an apololgy, but it will make everything right with everyone except those who are going to be negative against manning anyway.

I rmember one thing TO said that to me was as good as anything he ever said. "Sometimes my greatest strength is also my greatest weakness." Not an apology, just an acknowledgement of what is. Had he left it at that, or maybe said that to his teammantes earlier, who knows what might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes