PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collinsworth picks Pats - let's see if he does it on TV too

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsRI said:
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9156860

Should be interesting to see if he's Marinoesque and picks a different team tonight on Inside the NFL.

You know that Collinsworth takes a lot of heat, not sure why because he is probably one of the better ex-NFL players that more often than not, makes sense. And I'm not going to compliment him on this article because he is picking the Pats. Its because he is one of the few writers that used knowledge of the team that so many others seem to lack when reporting on the Pats. He is also one of the few ex-NFL players that picks the Pats to win, using his head, not his biased opinion on a regular basis. I am no longer surprised by it, but it still kills me how many so called "Experts" rarely pick the pats to win. The morons at ESPN are especially guilty.

yea

well collinsworth is usually one guy that i respect. he does what he thinks with good insight. he is not one of the slurp happy ESPN guys. Ohh and let's not forget that he was the only member picking the pats in 01 against the rams. I remember that; and everyone else there was looking at him weird but he stuck to his guns----------we all know how that turned out :D

mtbykr said:
well collinsworth is usually one guy that i respect. he does what he thinks with good insight. he is not one of the slurp happy ESPN guys. Ohh and let's not forget that he was the only member picking the pats in 01 against the rams. I remember that; and everyone else there was looking at him weird but he stuck to his guns----------we all know how that turned out :D

Joe Thiesman picked the Pats to beat the Rams too, and he was mocked pretty horribly for it.

Here's a well stated line from the article :

"However, after watching some tape, the Broncos beat the Patriots uniforms, but not the actual Patriots."

I like this one a lot too :

"I've talked with coaches that tell me Mankins is going to be a star in this league"

well

one other thing that i liked about the article was that he mentions that this is all his opinion. I know that is usually "understood", but it's nice to see a talking head that knows this is all his opinion and what he says doesn't mean it will come true-----which is true with a lot of other "talking heads" err *cough* *cough* michael irvin *cough* *cough*

BelichickFan said:
I like this one a lot too :

"I've talked with coaches that tell me Mankins is going to be a star in this league"
Based on the first half notes I've posted in the "Jax: Abbreviated Break Down" thread, Mankins is a pretty decent player..... :D

Well, we have our answer......

What a FRAUD!!!!!!

After all that, last night he emphatically picks the Broncos on the HBO show. How do these people get away with this? Writing one thing and then saying the opposite on TV within a 36 hour period?

Proof that reading him is a complete waste of time? Or that you know he is lying when his lips are moving?

(Or that there is another writer out there by the name "Chris Collinsworth")

Last edited:
shmessy said:
Well, we have our answer......

What a FRAUD!!!!!!

After all that, last night he emphatically picks the Broncos on the HBO show. How do these people get away with this? Writing one thing and then saying the opposite on TV within a 36 hour period?

Proof that reading him is a complete waste of time? Or that you know he is lying when his lips are moving?

(Or that there is another writer out there by the name "Chris Collinsworth")

Bingo! I've come to the conclusion that when these so called "experts" report to their shows and are handed their scripts, it's already predetermined who they will "pick" complete with supporting data/stats! Keeps fans from different teams happy. Bottom line...EMPTY SUITS/TALKING HEADS, strickly entertainment value! :blahblah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back