SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
White Wash
It was a whitewash in Miami as the Patriots defense rocked the Dolphins and New England improved to 2-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Coffee......SOS

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by borg, Jul 22, 2016.

1. borg

borg PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,102
    ---
    Looking for coffee recommendations. I like strong, aromatic coffee and Starbuck's Sumatra usually hits the spot, but at times, the flavor varies and can be inconsistent. There was a local coffee house that served a Kona that was outstanding, but the store closed before I could learn the source.
    Any beans out there that move the needle for you?

PS....a few years ago, one of the cable channels had a show called Dangerous Grounds which was fascinating....a coffee shop owner searching the most remote locals for the best beans. Anyone ever visit his coffee house in NY? Try his exotic beans? :)

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,952
    ---
    Are you looking for shops or home brews that you can order online? I'm a big fan of strong coffee too and am usually at Starbucks a few times a week (though the dorks, excuse me... people, in there disgust me).

3. borg

borg PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,102
    ---
    Any recommendation.
    I've tried just about every coffee from the franchises and it's getting tired. Any exotic beans for home brew? To this day, my best coffee experience was in Cuba about 20 years ago. Cuban espresso served at one of the few tourist restaurants....knocked back 6 shots.......it was like no other coffee. I'm hoping the lifted sanctions will bring some quality cubano beans into S. Florida.
    Back during my expense account days, the cappaccinos served after dinner at the hoity toity NYC Italian restaurants were always amazing....of course I usually opted for the most expensive glass of port on the menu instead since the boss was paying.

PS.....I am embarrassed to mention this but I actually like Burger King's coffee...at least when compared to the other fast food joints. And thanks to the Google machine, I just learned that it is Seattle's Best Smooth Roasted. Guess I'll put Seattle's Best in the future lineup

4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,952
    ---
    I've only sampled a few, but my recommendations would be Death Wish Coffee if you're really into strong coffees. I've tried it before and the flavor is still pretty good in spite of how strong it is. Supposedly, it contains the same amount of caffeine as a normal cup, too. The brewer, IIRC is out of New York.