PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Clueless in Colorado" - Boston Sp. Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
drleather2001 said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2006/01/12/clueless_in_colorado/

My first post...thought this was amusing. Might fuel some interesting name calling for you guys. :rolleyes:

After reading "If you've listened to 10 minutes of local sports radio this week, you've probably heard them (Bronco fans) bursting through the air waves, like some drunken cheerleader of Howard Dean's personal cabinet. Every so often they'll emerge with a rambling dissection as sharp as a stick of margarine as to why their Broncos will beat the Patriots in their divisional playoff matchup Saturday night.". I can't stop laughing long enough to continue reading. :rofl:

drleather2001 said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2006/01/12/clueless_in_colorado/

My first post...thought this was amusing. Might fuel some interesting name calling for you guys. :rolleyes:

I was listening to the morning show (which I usually hate but MIKE AND MIKE, 890am, were on a break) and heard some guy call from denver and lay it on real thick about the patriots.. Never heard a caller put Dennis & Callahan in their place.. It was funny to hear and actually got a good laugh..
The caller ignored the facts but his stuck to his guns of being uneducated..

Michael said:
After reading "If you've listened to 10 minutes of local sports radio this week, you've probably heard them (Bronco fans) bursting through the air waves, like some drunken cheerleader of Howard Dean's personal cabinet. Every so often they'll emerge with a rambling dissection as sharp as a stick of margarine as to why their Broncos will beat the Patriots in their divisional playoff matchup Saturday night.". I can't stop laughing long enough to continue reading. :rofl:

Yeah, but if you get margarine cold enough, like minus 100 degrees F, it would be pretty sharp, at least the edges. :bricks:

A couple of my favorites from the article:

"Since 2000, the Broncos have done nothing but lose repeatedly in the playoffs, 0-for-3 since John Elway hung 'em up in 1999."

"Well, the Pats have won a playoff game this month, more than the Broncos have done in the last seven years."

Most donkey fans are like that. Obnoxious fans, disgusting, ghetto city. Just a horrible place in general.

Richter said:
Most donkey fans are like that. Obnoxious fans, disgusting, ghetto city. Just a horrible place in general.
Oxygen deprivation will do that to you.

CTPatsFan said:
Oxygen deprivation will do that to you.

Actually, I think the altitude effect is completely overstated. From the first day I spent there, I had no problems doing the same vigorous physical activity I do anywhere else, including jogging and running. I'm sure the effect is magnified when you're going all out in a football game, but I had no problems acclimating in general.

That said, they're probably oxygen deprived because they're too busy being windbags spewing garbage. I really enjoyed watching the Pats beat the Eagles there last year, and seeing all the donkey fans whine and pout while my girlfriend and I were the lone celebrators at the establishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes