PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CLE HC Pettine: Mensa Rex Ryan Gave Nick Saban Jets Playbook + Now BB Shockingly Has It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 NFL teams have the Jets playbook

1st down: Run
2nd down: Run
3rd down: Throw INT
4th down: If failed to successfully throw INT on 3rd down, then punt

How about..
3rd down: Butt Fumble

Post game, praise how great Sanchez is and how he is progressing in his development.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but here is Bedard downplaying the significance of having an opposing team's playbook:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/20/san-diego-chargers-afc-west/

What's interesting and total crap is here he states how "insignificant" having a playbook really is given a variety of factors and that if it had been the Steelers instead of the Patriots, it would have been laughed off.
Well, Pettine explained this is the very reason why his playbook is small so it can't be insignificant to him and Bedard knew full well what he was doing when he wrote this...to stir things up otherwise why wouldn't he himself diminished it in the original article.

Be a man Bedard and don't cowardly rationalize or lie about your intent of this. Most articles now include some purposely placed thoughts to create controversy. Admit it Bedard and I would actually respect the honesty.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but here is Bedard downplaying the significance of having an opposing team's playbook:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/20/san-diego-chargers-afc-west/

What's interesting and total crap is here he states how "insignificant" having a playbook really is given a variety of factors and that if it had been the Steelers instead of the Patriots, it would have been laughed off.
Well, Pettine explained this is the very reason why his playbook is small so it can't be insignificant to him and Bedard knew full well what he was doing when he wrote this...to stir things up otherwise why wouldn't he himself diminished it in the original article.

Be a man Bedard and don't cowardly rationalize or lie about your intent of this. Most articles now include some purposely placed thoughts to create controversy. Admit it Bedard and I would actually respect the honesty.

@Greg A. Bedard you have been challenged!

Here's Welker's take:
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...w-new-york-jets-playbook-new-england-patriots

In summary:
My buddy who was working for the Jets at the time and I always kid around. Have you guys met me? We always taunt each other. He tells me "we're going to double cover you the entire game and shut you down." I tell him "we have your playbook."
So we were joking at my wedding. It was my wedding. I was having fun. I'm Wes Welker.
And you guys took a joke from my wedding between buddies seriously?
Seriously?

Love guys like Welker & Light; was always getting in trouble like them. Not as good at football though.

From Mike Reiss... wonder if Florio got this message. Heard the interview this morning, Wes was his usual jocular self...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

Welker said that he used to joke with Jets assistant coach Mike Smith often. Welker and Smith were best friends from their time together at Texas Tech, and quarterback Tom Bradygot in on the act at Welker's wedding in 2012.

"We used to always make stuff up with each other. Tom got to know Mike as well," Welker said Friday morning on Boston radio station 98.5 The Sports Hub.

"[Mike] used to say 'So and so will cover you in the game. No, actually we're going to double-team you.' So I'd make stuff up, 'Oh, this is our game plan going into it.' Every once in a while you [say] something true just to throw them off. And [you'd] say 'Is that true? Would they do that?'

"It was just playing mind games a little bit."

Last edited:
My guess all along was that Welker was talking trash at a wedding after several ****tails. How hard is that to imagine?

Of course, the dimwits in The Sporting Press quickly took Coach Pettine's convoluted speculation on the matter as proof positive that the Patriots indeed had the jets' coloring book. Thus has yet another myth been created (see: Danny Ainge bites Tree Rollins).

Last edited:
Belichick's response to the press could have been: "I don't have the Jets' playbook, but I have yours, and this play has been run a thousand times."

How about..
3rd down: Butt Fumble

Post game, praise how great Sanchez is and how he is progressing in his development.

That's just what happens when he tries to improvise.

My guess all along was that Welker was talking trash at a wedding after several ****tails. How hard is that to imagine?

Of course, the dimwits in The Sporting Press quickly took Coach Pettine's convoluted speculation on the matter as proof positive that the Patriots indeed had the jets' coloring book. Thus has yet another myth been created (see: Danny Ainge bites Tree Rollins).

That makes complete sense. The author of the article didn't frame it that way, though, so now the people who want to believe the worst about a team/person will only accept that version. Even though the people who were actually involved in the conversation explain what was said and in what context, there are people who will believe the second/third hand version regardless of what the real story is.

Remember when Brer Rabbit did this?

http://deadspin.com/5925258/albert-...y-front-page-news-on-the-nfl-networks-website

of course, this is even better..the responses tear him to shreds, deservedly

http://twitchy.com/2013/11/19/nfl-m...u-s-airways-informed-viewers-roll-their-eyes/

oh, almost forgot...back when he was a pudgy little dink doink...nice mugshot

mug-shot-18940161.jpg

Playbooks are meaningless, almost everyteam has every play in their playbook.

What matters is the terminology and individual game plans, you get a hold of those and you now have a real advantage. And even then, you still need to be able to hear the playcalls, which would take some really illegal stuff or an incredibly load/irresponsible playcaller, or have cracked hand signals, which most teams change on a weekly basis.

Knowing ~200 plays the opposing team might call? lol. Yeah, that's going to help an awful lot.

Make a story of it when we get a hold of their game plan the night before we face them, otherwise this is pretty irrelevant.

#spygatemkII amirite? People wonder why journalists are held in contempt. Sensationalist crap like this is why.

Playbooks are meaningless, almost everyteam has every play in their playbook.

What matters is the terminology and individual game plans, you get a hold of those and you now have a real advantage. And even then, you still need to be able to hear the playcalls, which would take some really illegal stuff or an incredibly load/irresponsible playcaller, or have cracked hand signals, which most teams change on a weekly basis.

Knowing ~200 plays the opposing team might call? lol. Yeah, that's going to help an awful lot.

Make a story of it when we get a hold of their game plan the night before we face them, otherwise this is pretty irrelevant.

Exactly right. BB practices multiple looks and plays all week but does not use them all that Sunday. The players don't know until they are in lock down so nobody can leak the gameplan.

Its all on film post game anyway.

All teams have a variation of the same plays ie: a seam route.

Watching game-film is cheating! ....if the Pats do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back