PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Class of 2023 Hall Of Famers

I really think are forgetting how good Zach Thomas was.

5 time first team all pro at a position where there’s not many who can make it to that distinction. I get pro bowls are a popularity contest, but all pro nods hold much more weight.

Remember that he was playing at the same time as the murder guy, Derrick Brooks and Junior Seau.

DeMarcus Ware was a crazy good player.

It was cool he got to escape the modern Cowboys loser stink later in his career and get a ring while he was still a good starter.
NEM agrees. To give him credit he had “draft Demarcus Ware” as his signature for almost a year. Of course by the time the draft came around he rocketed up draft boards.

DeMarcus Ware was a crazy good player.

It was cool he got to escape the modern Cowboys loser stink later in his career and get a ring while he was still a good starter.
That ring came at our expense, as it was Ware and his merry herd of donkeys that beat the Pats for the privilege of steamrolling Cam in that SB.

So yeah, not cool.

To add into the argument with Ronde:

I do think he also was underrated for his time in the league in hindsight. I do think he was a borderline HOF case for sure, but I don’t take any issue with him making it either.

Only player in NFL history with 45+ INT’s and 25+ sacks. That’s not an easy stat to accomplish by any means. He was the #1 CB on the 02 Bucs defense that won the Super Bowl as well which helps add into his resume.

He also played pretty well throughout his entire career, not just the early stretch of it. Continued to play pretty high level football well into his late 30’s in an era where a lot of guys (I.E. Revis, Sherman) fall off a cliff after hitting 30. I think there were better CB’s in his era, but I don’t take issue with him getting a nod. He played at a high enough level at his peak.

Whatever. List seems ok to me.

I had forgotten just how great a career Zach Thomas had.

Coryell and Klecko were way, way overdue.

One of these is definitely Not like the others...

For me, Joe Klecko is the one I don't really get. He led the league in sacks one season. That's all it takes now? He was on some pretty terrible Jets teams and wasn't able to elevate them. I think Klecko actually benefited from the fact that the NFL didn't track tackles back then.

Agree. Klecko doesn't belong. Period. The only thing he was good at was Always committing non-enforced Encroachment penalties.

How many remember Coyell with Cardinals and his Bomber QB Hart?
He was so far ahead of his time in the Passing Offense, bout time.

All of today's pass happy offenses are standing on his shoulders.

His and Bill Walsh, yep.

Way To Go Yes GIF by Rooster Teeth

Yep... Seems there had been 3 main offensive philosophies in the league over the last 40-45 years, until almost the end of the previous decade:
Paul Brown/Bill Walsh; Sid Gillman/Don Coryell; and Ron Erhardt/Ray Perkins... Imagine what Coryell could've accomplished today, now that Chicks Dig the Long Ball; and Firstly, Cater to the Non-Fan have become the coin of the realm.

Last edited:

Agree. Klecko doesn't belong. Period. The only thing he was good at was Always committing non-enforced Encroachment penalties.
You have got to be kidding me. You much have been on the reefer watching Kleko play.

This. Klecko was a beneficiary of having Mark Gastineau next to him. All the voters saw that for themselves.

i know which one is Revis.

im not sure why you felt the need to post this, because it doesn't make the point you think it makes... the lesson here is simple, Revis was a shut down corner, Barber wasn't - QBs avoided throwing at Revis for a decade, and when they did, he shut them down... Barber? not so much... your thoughtfully provided numbers bear that out...

Revis belongs in the HoF, and there is a reason he was a first ballot selection... Ronde Barber? good player, but come on...
How many players have >25 sacks AND >45 INT in the history of the NFL?

Then there's this. He's a HOF. 100%

SmartSelect_20230210_222515_Firefox.jpg

How many players have >25 sacks AND >45 INT in the history of the NFL?

Then there's this. He's a HOF. 100%

View attachment 49891
i dont know how many, if any, dbs have 25/45... don't rightly care... 25 sacks is insignificant, in the scheme of things... the 45 ints? asante has 51 or so, and no one is putting his ass in canton... hell even terrell buckley has more...

if you were making up a madden like roster for guys of his era, 4 layers deep at every position, you taking ronde barber? woodson woodson law revis sharper williams bailey.... i'd wager his name doesn't even pop into your head

Last edited:
Love me some Bruschi, but it is completely asinine and outrageously homerish to suggest he was a parallel to Zach Thomas.

Another group of the very good, but not great players.
Joe Thomas and Revis were the top players at their positions for a number of years. Joe Thomas was absolutely elite at left tackle and never missed a snap (until a torn bicep ended his 2017 season and ultimately his career).

Ware was one of the best edges for a long time. Zach Thomas was probably the third best MLB in the league when that position was very important.

I’d say four great players.

Last edited:
i dont know how many, if any, dbs have 25/45... don't rightly care..
Only One. Barber.
There are only 2 players in the 40/20 club. Barber & Woodson.

. 25 sacks is insignificant, in the scheme of things... the 45 ints? asante has 51 or so, and no one is putting his ass in canton... hell even terrell buckley has more...
Barber has 47 not 45. He has 28 sacks. How many does Asante have? How many All Pros?
if you were making up a madden like roster for guys of his era, 4 layers deep at every position, you taking ronde barber? woodson woodson law revis sharper williams bailey.... i'd wager his name doesn't even pop into your head
Except that he was selected to the NFL 2000 All Decade team along with Bailey, Woodson and Law. All HOF players. His stats are better than Law's. He has more All Pros than Law. He deserves to be in the HOF along with the other 3 All Decade CBs.

Only One. Barber.
There are only 2 players in the 40/20 club. Barber & Woodson.
and? you actually want your corner back to play safety?
Barber has 47 not 45. He has 28 sacks. How many does Asante have? How many All Pros?
51, in 84 fewer games & 1 first team, 1 second team all pro nods.... lead the league twice in ints...
Except that he was selected to the NFL 2000 All Decade team along with Bailey, Woodson and Law. All HOF players. His stats are better than Law's. He has more All Pros than Law. He deserves to be in the HOF along with the other 3 All Decade CBs.
again with stats... "better" stats are not always better...

if i asked you best cbs in the early 2000's, would you have named him? until i read he was elected to the hof, i had completely forgotten about him... hes good, very good... never thought he was great...

is this just recency bias on your part?

Last edited:
and? you actually want your corner back to play safety?

51, and 1 first team, 1 second team.... lead the league twice in ints...

again with stats... "better" stats are not always better...
Why you such a hater? Dude was a great DB for a long time and durable. Holds the record for most consecutive starts by a DB. He's a 5 time All Pro. That's a lot.

Why you such a hater? Dude was a great DB for a long time and durable. Holds the record for most consecutive starts by a DB. He's a 5 time All Pro. That's a lot.
i'm not a hater... unless you equate calling a guy a very good player as being a "hater"

is this dude your uncle or something? dont get why you are so triggered over some off season banter

i'm not a hater... unless you equate calling a guy a very good player as being a "hater"

is this dude your uncle or something? dont get why you are so triggered over some off season banter
Lol, I'm not. Just find it odd how much effort you're making to dismiss the accomplishments of one of the best dbs from the 2000s despite playing for one of the worse teams in football. He started >13 seasons w/o missing a game. That's amazing. There's only 4 other defensive players that have more.

Lol, I'm not.
Little Girl Reaction GIF

Just find it odd how much effort you're making to dismiss the accomplishments of one of the best dbs from the 2000s despite playing for one of the worse teams in football. He started >13 seasons w/o missing a game. That's amazing. There's only 4 other defensive players that have more.

how much effort? lol i think you are a wee bit off base here.. outside of looking up a few odd stats basically all ive done is say nah..,

you cats have been throwing and posting stats, raving about him being the only member of a made up club... posting his wiki page stuff, lol, really? ... about him being really really good and worthy of the hof... and now how he never missed a game... gee thats great... i can see you rallying behind eli in a year or two on that one... i'm really happy that you've found your cause célèbre in ... wait for it... ronde barber...

this dudes name has never left your mouth before, now you be all i'm ride or die on this biotch... lol, i never wanna hear you use the term recency bias any more...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back