PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

cincy/pats tie ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats as we have a better record in the conference

patriots win tie breaker with Bengals

if the Patriots and Bengals would tie at the end of season the Patriots would win the 3rd seed based upon head to head competition with of min of 4 games played

who do you want jacksonville or pittsburgh in the first round ?

I'm not sure it matters. Both have physical defenses... Pitt's offense is better, but I think it's a coin toss.

Well

I would rather play pitt for the simple fact that we have played them already this year (and twice last year)! We all know BB's record when facing a team for the second time in a season. :D In addition, it would be nice to play pitt in foxboro for once---the last 3 times have been at "mama ketchep" field!

patsfan21 said:
if the Patriots and Bengals would tie at the end of season the Patriots would win the 3rd seed based upon head to head competition with of min of 4 games played
No. Head to head is games played against each other. Pats and Cinci didn't paly each other.

Youk may be thinking of best record among common opponents but that is not the second tie breaker. Best conference record is:

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Here are the official tie-breakers for all scenarios, including droaft pick order:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6823575

NEM said:
That's why it is important to get the number 3 seed, if possible, because if both us land Cincy win our first games, and then both of us go on to win o0nthe road, which is quite possible...WE GET HOME FIELD FOR THE AFC TITLE GAME...
Actually Cincy would not have to win both games. What would be necessary is that thge winner of the Cinci-6th seed game beat teh Colts.

However, we could get a home field for the AFCCG whether we are 3rd or 4th seed. You describe the way as 3rd seed. (Pats beat Jax, then beats Denver in Denver whild winner of Cinci/Pitt beats Indy in Indy).

If we are 4th seed, and we win and Steelers beat 3rd seed Bengals, then we go to Denver and Steelers go to Indy and beat the Colts. AFCCG (Pats-Steelers) in Foxboro.

The only team I don't want to play is Denver in Denver. Other than that, I don't care who we play or where we play them. We will beat any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back