PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Collingsworth--pro or con?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
He thoroughly surprised me last night. He was extremely professional and insightful. He made the game better for me. And there are time--in the past--that I've really disliked him. But he really knows what he's talking about.

He thoroughly surprised me last night. He was extremely professional and insightful. He made the game better for me. And there are time--in the past--that I've really disliked him. But he really knows what he's talking about.

He was pretty complimentary toward Brady and the Pats in general, though Joe Buckesque about wilfork's fingerpoke (what was that, anyway??) and Rodney's cheap shots.

Best color guy there is. Pair him with someone better and he'd be even better.

I agree he was Buckesque about the Wilfork incident, but nobody's perfect.

I was pleasently surprised by Colinsworth last night. It was one of the more adult jobs calling the game I've hgeard in some time. He was actually talking about football! It was nice, and made me wish it were more common.

Of course it also shined the light on what goof Gumbel is. Oh well, you can't have everything. :rolleyes:

That's 'Collinsworth'. I think horsehead is a pretty good analyst, although he can be pretty smug and annoying. He's usually good about pointing out good or bad line play, which most announcers ignore.

I don't like CC, but he surprised me last night. He gave credit where it was due on both teams and added some good insight.

I like Collinsworth a lot, I've liked him on NFLN games and on HBO's Inside the NFL - just too bad he's burdened by Gumbel.

I've watched most of the games televised on NFLN this year and it was nice to finally hear Collingsworth take over and not let Gumbel talk constantly as in previous games.

That's 'Collinsworth'. I think horsehead is a pretty good analyst, although he can be pretty smug and annoying. He's usually good about pointing out good or bad line play, which most announcers ignore.

He's also the only guy outside of Madden (and sometimes Simms), who comments on what receivers do outside of catching the ball. He picked up the great block by Welker on the TD, and he picked up that Moss took two guys out of the box on one of Maroney's TDs.

I thought the whole coverage was pretty good the only complaint I have is with Marshall Faulk.
Question who is more useless Faulk or Emmett Smith.

I think the attention this game recieved actually made Gumbel prepare for the game. Not like a couple of weeks ago when he said that Al Gore picked up the first down

I think the attention this game recieved actually made Gumbel prepare for the game. Not like a couple of weeks ago when he said that Al Gore picked up the first down

Was this before or after he picked up his Peace Prize? Whatta guy!

I agree he probably prepared well for this game. One other thing to keep in mind before we endlessly bash Bryant Gumbel is that Patriots games this year have been covered by the #1 teams of most networks. The quality of play by play starts to go down hill really quick once you get past Greg Gumbel, Jim Nantz, Joe Buck, and Al Michaels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down