SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Chinese Democracy starts Tomorrow (10/22)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BelichickFan, Oct 21, 2008.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan TB12, BB = G.O.A.T.s PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    One track to go and I do believe I have the whole thing. 10 days until my pre-order is shipped but I can listen to 13/14 tracks now. It's as excellent as I expected.

2. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    And I finally have This I Love - so I have the whole thing in some form.

6 days to the official release - truly something to be Thankful for this year :) The second single "Better" was released today. It's a lot "better" than the first single.

3. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    Here's the email I've been waiting for :

--------------------------------------
    Order Date: 11/03/2008
    Order Number: BBY01-xxxyyyzzz
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty Product Description

1 Chinese Democracy [11/23]-CD-Guns N' Roses

4. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +403
    ---
    So BBfan, what's your overall impression of the finished product?

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +383
    ---
    I bought this last night at Best Buy. What a waste of $15. This is the worst album I have bought in years, it is a steaming pile of monkey crap. I was hooked on Appetite, the Illusions were great, lies was decent. Axel you are a fraud, can't believe I waited out in the rain to see you once when you refused to go on stage before Metalica. I wasn't that nuts about Velvet Revolver, but that was 100x better than this ****. **** you Axel, for officially killing, what could of been one of America's greatest rock bands.

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    Despite what PatsFanInEaglesLand said ;) I am extremely happy with it. Of course, I'd heard 9 of the tracks in demo form several years ago.

Anyway, it's really good. It's not Appetite. That was 20 years ago. It wouldn't happen again even if the original band was back together. Most independent people I've heard from also like it a lot although some don't. There's a few things I don't like but they're minor, like he should have sang the word Prostitute more clearly and on the song that used to be called The Blues, not only did they re-name it but they now blast a guitar over him singing The Blues so it's barely audible now :)

But this is absolutely the CD of the year for me. It has great production - actual dynamics not just loud, loud, loud like music is being made now. Excellent songwriting and playing - although both lead guitarists have moved on their performance here is excellent. And Axl is simpy Axl; in some order, Axl, Bruce Dickinson and Freddie Mercury are my three favorite singers.

Tracks like Street of Dreams, IRS, This I Love and Prostitute are as good as anything Axl has done. There's probably more good stuff on the Illusions as it's longer but if you compare CD to UYI I or UYI II track by track then I like CD better.

The best news for me is that Axl has a bunch more stuff recorded and might "that's MIGHT" get another one out this time next year. Comparing Velvet Revolver to this is silly, they are a garage band in comparison. This may not have been "worth" the 17 year wait but it is high, high quality and it's awesome to have fully produced tracks now after so long.

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    That's funny considering that there would have been no Appetite without Axl and the rest of the band left him, not the other way around. He didn't break them up, they broke the band up.

8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +135
    ---
    I think BF is the only person who likes this garbage.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    I could point you to several threads on general music boards (not GnR related) where the response is overwhelmingly positive. If you don't like it fine. But don't call it garbage and don't suggest I'm the only person who likes it. Not that I would expect anything different from you.

10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,503
    ---
    What a "SAD"excuse for a thread. Are you going to try to give me another -5 point rep for the comment.

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    ???

I have given negative reputation about 2-3 times and you weren't one of them. You're feeling a little self conscious I guess.

12. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    ---
    I'm reading on this thread that the title track to the album should not have been the first single. So what should have been the first track to kick off the album? I love the title track and thought it is a great way to start the album.

I pretty much like the whole album but the tracks I listen to the most include:
    "Chinese Democracy"
    "Shackler's Revenge"
    "Better"
    "Street of Dreams"
    "If the World"
    "There was a Time"
    "Catcher in the Rye"
    "Madagascar"
    "Prostitute"
    "IRS"

• Like Like x 1
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +8,519
    ---
    The title track was a decent first single as it's not very complicated and has a nice opening riff. I never saw it as a big hit though. I don't know popular music too much today but they need to get Street of Dreams out as a single to try and give sales a little kick here. That's the most blatent pop track on the CD for me.

I like everything except Rhiad, Scraped and Madagascar which I like but don't love. The rest is great, with Street of Dreams, IRS, Sorry, Prostitute and This I Love being my favorites.

Again, it's not Appetite but Axl is 20 years older now. I don't like anything here as much as Estranged or Coma from the Illusions. But track for track I like this better than UYI I or UYI II when looking at the Illusions as separate CDs.