fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why is this OK?

Colts remain over the cap

Browns caught obviously tampering if they sign a guy before 12:01

WTF??

Givens was not signed, it was false. He's meeting with the Dolphins though.

Kdo5 said:
It's looking that way. Or they could have agreed but Givens (or his agent) pulled out when the leak happened. Who knows.

What makes you think the Colts are over the cap?

I know the new Manning and Harrison deals went away, but before those the Colts were $6-7M over. The new CBA added $7.5M. And it also added a 5th pro-ration year to the deals the Colts signed with Brock and Brackett. They gave a couple of more players low tenders so all in all they are likely $1M+ under before they convert Peyton and Marvin's roster bonuses to signing bonus (which if they do both would free up almost $14M in cap space).

FYI in an interview published on Coltspower Polian is saying they have "around $8M".

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
What makes you think the Colts are over the cap?

I know the new Manning and Harrison deals went away, but before those the Colts were $6-7M over. The new CBA added $7.5M. And it also added a 5th pro-ration year to the deals the Colts signed with Brock and Brackett. They gave a couple of more players low tenders so all in all they are likely $1M+ under before they convert Peyton and Marvin's roster bonuses to signing bonus (which if they do both would free up almost $14M in cap space).

FYI in an interview published on Coltspower Polian is saying they have "around $8M".

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=32133

Miguel said:
That report was for noon yesterday. The Colts had until 11:59 PM yesterday to get under the cap.

Have they made any moves or restructurings since then?

Willie55 said:

One has to presume that they did. No team is under any obligation to announce their personnel moves.

Willie55 said:

They did according to Polian. They restuctured to spread the bonuses out over 5 years, instead of 4 years, with the new CBA.

Kdo5 said:
Actually, it was up on the Browsn web site before midnight....there is an image captured and produced at PFT with the article FROM the site..Tampering?? Bentley as well had a deal signed and because of the NFL looking into it..taken back. I think the NFL should look into these charges and see if anything occured. Been ahappening a lot these last years..
if it is not allowed...clamp down and fine teams that do that. If they are NOT going to do that..then..why have a start date like that?? ALlow talks before out in the open. I agree that some teams cheat a great deal..if TBu wishes to keep it from getting worse, investigate these and other complaints and do something so it does NOT happen.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

workhorse said:
They did according to Polian. They restuctured to spread the bonuses out over 5 years, instead of 4 years, with the new CBA.

Thanks for the information. I was sure that you, MLR or hwc would have it.

Pats726 said:
Actually, it was up on the Browsn web site before midnight....there is an image captured and produced at PFT with the article FROM the site..Tampering?? Bentley as well had a deal signed and because of the NFL looking into it..taken back. I think the NFL should look into these charges and see if anything occured. Been ahappening a lot these last years..
if it is not allowed...clamp down and fine teams that do that. If they are NOT going to do that..then..why have a start date like that?? ALlow talks before out in the open. I agree that some teams cheat a great deal..if TBu wishes to keep it from getting worse, investigate these and other complaints and do something so it does NOT happen.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I read somewhere, I can't recall where, that they were looking into potential site hacking of the Browns' site. I guess there was a report that listed a couple free agent signings that hadn't happened. I don't know if it's legit or a cover though.

Tagliaboogate!!!

workhorse said:
I read somewhere, I can't recall where, that they were looking into potential site hacking of the Browns' site. I guess there was a report that listed a couple free agent signings that hadn't happened. I don't know if it's legit or a cover though.

The hackers were pretty good writers, then. It read like a legit press release for a signing. My guess is the "hacking" was done by a browns.com writer, who is now being pink slipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes