Charter Digital Cable Users: Please help stage a riot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just turned on my TV to a heart-stopping message:

NFL Network Notice:

Due to declining demand, the NFL NEtwork will be discontinued as early as 9 AM ET on Monday. NFL On Demand will also be discontinued since it is part of the NFL Network.

Charter has a number of other NFL progam options avaiable for the NFL enthusiast such as ESPN, ESPN Classc and local sports programming.

what is charter cable???

so if charter stops showing NFL network, does that mean comcast and cox will as well?

desi-patsfan said:
so if charter stops showing NFL network, does that mean comcast and cox will as well?

Probably not.

Methinks, since the Charter contract with NFL Network will probably expire in early January, there's some time of sales pitch/market guaging going on.

Or hell, maybe Charter will snatch Pats onDemand...

I asked about NFL Network and she said Charter is trying to negotiate a price with them but there's a strong possibility it won't be back. The NFL Network charges very high costs to cable companies compared to other stations, and she claimed they are pricing out cable companies by charging fees that only DirecTV can afford because they pass the prices onto customers more than cable.

I asked them to log in a complaint that we want the station, she said to write to the NFL Network if we wanted them to negotiate a fair price with Charter:

NFL Network
12405 Powerscourt Dr
St. Louis, MO 63131
Corporate Customer Care
ATTN: Programming

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/timeline
Jan. '04: Signed first cable distribution deal with Charter Communications, the third largest cable operator in the country which reaches 25 of our 30 NFL team markets and 6.4 million homes.

Is Charter discontinuing it for all 25 of those regions?!?!?

pats1 said:
I asked about NFL Network and she said Charter is trying to negotiate a price with them but there's a strong possibility it won't be back. The NFL Network charges very high costs to cable companies compared to other stations, and she claimed they are pricing out cable companies by charging fees that only DirecTV can afford because they pass the prices onto customers more than cable.

I asked them to log in a complaint that we want the station, she said to write to the NFL Network if we wanted them to negotiate a fair price with Charter:

NFL Network
12405 Powerscourt Dr
St. Louis, MO 63131
Corporate Customer Care
ATTN: Programming

BS! Thats propaganda from Charter! Directv, Dish Network, Comcast, Cox and many others pay the exact same fee and have zero plans to drop the network, contact Charters main office and log your complaint with them, the fair price statement from charter is a joke, and a lie.

Considering they originally told you it was being dropped for lack of demand, and than that story changed to it being to expensive.

Last edited:
dont worry, they'll add a shopping channel... those are free to the cable companies

PatsWorldChamps said:
dont worry, they'll add a shopping channel... those are free to the cable companies

actually they aren't free, they get PAID to take shopping channels and thats why they will spred them around tiers sometimes. This is a ploy to anger the cable buyers and have them complain to the NFl, because Charter wants a cheaper price than the others...pure BS.

Of course it's a load of BS. Charter's just going on strike to get a better price out of the NFL Network.

I just talked to a rep throguh a support chat.

He didn't mention one thing about the "decline in demand" and said straight up that it was a contract renewal issue.

I stated that a phone rep last night told me (above) that we should complain to the NFL Network, but he thoroughly disagreed and said we should not be involved in contract discussions.

I also said that when there's a dispute like this, customers are left in the middle. The response, for whatever reason, was that he also is left in the middle.

The whole thing's a load of bull****. Downright.

I truly despise Cable companies. I have Comcast and they piss and moan about how much the channels cost yet they gouge customers. I called to cancel B/C I was going to get the dish, and they gave me like 40 free channels including NFL Network for the same price as basic for a year. I'm like "why not do that in the first place?" I get a good deal now but bet your ass as soon as it expires, I'll either get it renewed or switch to dish which is cheaper anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down