PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

PATRIOTS NEWS Charges against Patriots CB Jack Jones were dropped

Breaking New England Patriots Team News

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
No, I think that people who travel all the time probably have several carry-on bags. When I was touring I had three.
Maybe things were different in the 80's, but I sure would like to know what airlines in this day and age allow 3 carry ons.
A defense lawyer cooks up possible alternate reasons and juries buy them. Heck, i sat on a jury for a rapist who broke into and attacked a retired kindergarten teacher, then cooked up a "we were having an affair" story that had almost half the people on the jury speculating about the "wild lives of teachers."
He went to jail when several of us proved to the doubting jurors that he had lied about other things in his testimony.
Yes I understand how the court system works.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
The sky was falling on this board when he was arrested. All one needed to do was a simple google search to find out that thousands of these situations occur in the United States, yearly. 99% of the time the charges are dropped and a fine is issued. There are clear laws written and loads of President to understand this.
Um, as has been pointed out, what he did was legal in "47 other states" so I don't care what happened in California 17 years ago (which was one of the articles posted in a previous post).

I would be very curious to see examples this law being applied the same way in the Commonwealth. I am not saying it hasn't happened, I am just saying none have yet been posted in this thread despite the claims that there are "thousands" of precedents.

JarOfMayo51

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 NFL Picks Grand Champ
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
How do you legally bring a high capacity magazine into Mass and make it legal?

The gun in the luggage isn't a big deal.

The illegal magazine is.

i dont know the MA law, but a lot of legislation as it relates to magazine capacity, etc usually applies to the manufacturing of it. Like back in the 90s when they passed the "assault weapons ban", it went after magazine capacity higher than 10 rounds but my father owned lots of 30 round magazines and those were all grandfathered.. it wasnt illegal for him to own them, or even buy them at like a gun show etc, but it was illegal to manufacture them

there was a major supreme court ruling recently that some are arguing could make all gun legislation unconstitutional, so i certainly wouldnt use Taxachussetts as a measuring stick for anything..

anyways, im really sorry that this young man isn't going to prison... i know how upset that must make you feel

rochrist

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Show me 1 other case where the guy had charges dropped for possessing an illegal magazine in Mass?

You have thousands to choose from.

I follow the laws. Why shouldnt Jones?
And besides, it didn't end up hurting the Pats which is what I want more than ANYTHING!! (stamps his feet)

rochrist

2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Maybe things were different in the 80's, but I sure would like to know what airlines in this day and age allow 3 carry ons.

First class?

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame Member Patriots in Twilight Zone
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Well ... perhaps a good thing ... no mulligans now. I hope it matures him, they are young and come from different backgrounds.

Kasmir

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Well ... perhaps a good thing ... no mulligans now. I hope it matures him, they are young and come from different backgrounds.
Besides being happy as a homer, I'm also thankful that this young man's life was not ruined by a victimless crime.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
i dont know the MA law, but a lot of legislation as it relates to magazine capacity, etc usually applies to the manufacturing of it. Like back in the 90s when they passed the "assault weapons ban", it went after magazine capacity higher than 10 rounds but my father owned lots of 30 round magazines and those were all grandfathered.. it wasnt illegal for him to own them, or even buy them at like a gun show etc, but it was illegal to manufacture them

there was a major supreme court ruling recently that some are arguing could make all gun legislation unconstitutional, so i certainly wouldnt use Taxachussetts as a measuring stick for anything..

anyways, im really sorry that this young man isn't going to prison... i know how upset that must make you feel
All hat and no cowboy. Not even a horse.

Ok, out of the thousands of cases identical to this one you cant find any.

I already knew that though.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Besides being happy as a homer, I'm also thankful that this young man's life was not ruined by a victimless crime.
If he was a Raven or a Jet you'd be singing a different tune.

Kasmir

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
If he was a Raven or a Jet you'd be singing a different tune.
Caught me -- I relish the suffering of players on other teams. Can I join the Dark Tetrad now?

JarOfMayo51

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 NFL Picks Grand Champ
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

im not doing your research for you, go google it if its so important to you

50-yard-line

Reactions
90's, but no, I had to travel, then get home for a day and right back out on the road. So I had 3 travel bags prepared - 2 small and one larger. For the main part, I'd use the big one, typically,a s that would be a week out. For the follow-up quick hits (one or two cities), I'd use a small one, come home, then grab the other one when I went back out, so I didn't have to worry about packing, laundry, re-packing, etc.
Then quit being a ****.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
I believe the late Bill Russell had a similar situation occur at the Tacoma, Washington, airport.

Taxed in Maine

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reactions

Didn't take 30 seconds.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

I really hope all gun legislation is made unconstitutional. Because it is. Enough of the ******** fear tactics peddled by a select group of fossils afraid to give up their power. We should even be able to own artillery if we want it, and can afford it. See the Letter of Marque.

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Didn't take 30 seconds.

But that wasn’t the ask.

Kasmir

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
I find it disgusting that many of our trolls here are so full of hate for Belichick that they would advocate for the ruination of this young man's life for a victimless crime just in the hope it would damage the team they despise.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick