PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers CRY foul....

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Could you imagine the backlash, if BB or any Pats player or coach, said such a thing?

Aren't there rules against this?
I believe you can be fined if you are excessive in your criticism, but I do not see anything in there which deserves such.

OK so their cry baby asses can have that one and the Pats will take the horrendous PI called on Bademosi that took the Chargers from their 33 to the NE 37 on the drive they scored a TD.

Without that call Chargers weren't going to get pas the NE 35 because outside of the TD run they hadn't all game.

The result still ends up being the same- Pats win.

I'd be shocked if the NFL told them they got it wrong. I thought it was a bad call, but technically it was a foul.

The Chargers version of events is wrong, and it's surprising the article doesn't point that out.

The Chargers, however, argued that Williams only made contact with Bademosi because Patriots safety Patrick Chung pushed the wideout into the cornerback.

Read more at: Chargers Cry Foul After Penalty Nullifies Long Touchdown Vs. Patriots

Chung had nothing to do with Williams' contact, but it was Chung's contact that interfered with Bademosi.

As I write this I'm actually beginning to lean towards thinking the call was the right one. Williams put the refs in a tough position by contacting Bademosi. While Chung's contact took Bademosi out of the play, Williams' contact influenced that contact and could've influenced coverage on its own. By making contact that was most likely unnecessary Williams' opened the play up to ref discretion.

As others have pointed out there were some pretty weak calls that went against the Patriots. I doubt the Patriots are blaming the refs for them. As a professional you should focus on what you can control. In this case Williams and the Chargers should be quiet or be saying they shouldn't have put themselves in a position where the refs could make the call.

Maybe they watch the tape of their second TD when Marsh was tackled and their was no flag.

It was the Charger's lack of execution (3rd & 1 pick play) that cost them the game versus the ref's calls.

Maybe it will be somebody else's fault for Travis Benjamin for running backward near the goal line..

Remember the BB adage about having to "coach" better...

The Chargers actually have a good gripe on the Gronk TD where Hollister clearly goes after and takes out the LB who was covering Gronk.

Still, the bad calls went both ways with the ridiculous "block in the back" calls (one was on Solder for having a pinky on a Chargers shoulder( and the ridiculous PI call on Bademosi).

Morelli's crew was "Boger" level incompetent yesterday.

Does anyone else seem to remember their left tackle absolutely mauling (in an illegal way) one of our pass rushers on the 4th quarter Benjamin TD?

I prefer to win.

They might have an argument on the pick play but the call on Williams for stepping out of bounds was a good call.

Morelli's crew was "Boger" level incompetent yesterday.

They have been like that all season. Go back and watch the Eagles- Panthers game (Morelli)where Philly was penalized 10:1 versus Carolina for the same ticky tacky stuff... and the Eagles still won...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back