PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charger Injuries: LT and Rivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Tomlinson has a hyperextended knee, but says he's going to play:

"It's nothing serious, just a hyperextension," Tomlinson said. "I think they've got me listed as questionable, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to play. Obviously, I'm going to do all I can to practice. I don't want to miss any time to practice."

Rivers:

He injured his medial collateral ligament when he landed awkwardly after completing a 56-yard screen pass to Darren Sproles for a touchdown on the final play of the third quarter in Sunday's 28-24 upset of the Colts.
"Right now, it's probably questionable in terms of playing in the game, but [Rivers has] got a chance," Turner said Monday. "That will be a day-to-day thing and we'll monitor it as the week goes on."

Looks like they'll both play, maybe it's a little less uncertain with Rivers. Injuries plus real cold weather, it's going to be tough. I love all the detailed injury information, by the way!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3196314

Playing and being their normal selves are two different things. I wonder how bad of a sprain Rivers has, a sprained MCL can be a multi week injury. Either way he has two sprained knees.

Sounds like Gates will be, at best, the ineffective plodder he was against Indy.

How about Gates?

I'm sure Gates is going to play. He played against the Colts but it was obvious he was not close to being 100%, and he must be playing through a ton of pain.

Playing and being their normal selves are two different things. I wonder how bad of a sprain Rivers has, a sprained MCL can be a multi week injury. Either way he has two sprained knees.

They might just be better off starting Volek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back