PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

Ice_Ice_Brady

The Times They Are A-Changin’
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Wonder if C’s might be able to sign some low cost vets in their mid-30s with a little gas left in the tank chasing a ring. It’s natural to be optimistic about young guys improving but this bench is really low level compared to the rest of the league and especially other contenders. They need some Iguadala types on their last legs who can give them 10-15 minutes down the stretch.

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Wonder if C’s might be able to sign some low cost vets in their mid-30s with a little gas left in the tank chasing a ring. It’s natural to be optimistic about young guys improving but this bench is really low level compared to the rest of the league and especially other contenders. They need some Iguadala types on their last legs who can give them 10-15 minutes down the stretch.

Great question and great idea. As good as the first six are, the next five are very weak.

LightSkinSmurf

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Yeah, this bench ain't it. It might not matter come playoff time because our top 6 is so good but.... I'd like to think we can add at least one quality bench player between now and then. I'd feel alot better about our chances. Just need 8 guys that can be counted on to some decent degree.

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
i though we needed some role players off the bench as well...like a Morris brothers type guy would can come in and rebound and add toughness

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Holy crap…the chemistry is amazing. 44-27 after first quarter.

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Holy crap…the chemistry is amazing. 44-27 after first quarter.

Only a 17 point lead after the first quarter. :oops:

Danny would have held onto Nesmith because his draft picks were untouchable. I wish we had Nesmith and Smart in our backcourt. :p

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Only a 17 point lead after the first quarter. :oops:

Danny would have held onto Nesmith because his draft picks were untouchable. I wish we had Nesmith and Smart in our backcourt. :p
Real nailbiter up by 29

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Pacers shot abysmally from 3 pt range but the team did not play that badly. They weren’t sloppy and didn’t give up or anything.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Bucks with another clunker, 20 pt loss to Raptors. Lillard -26 plus minus.

RobertWeathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
When was the last time you saw a Celtic's 50 point lead?
Just reading this morning there have been a couple in recent times.

Main plus for me from last night is the bench developing some confidence...even in a blowout.

Barring injury, they aren't going to play extended minutes this year in competitive games so they'll need to get into the flow quickly.

LightSkinSmurf

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Yeah, this bench ain't it. It might not matter come playoff time because our top 6 is so good but.... I'd like to think we can add at least one quality bench player between now and then. I'd feel alot better about our chances. Just need 8 guys that can be counted on to some decent degree.

Of course the bench goes off against the pacers after I say this.

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Of course the bench goes off against the pacers after I say this.

Pritchard looked more comfortable. Good for him to keep working and improving. Hopefully that will continue and his shot will start falling more regularly.

Hauser was 5 for 6, or 6 for 7, from behind the arc? Great game. Hopefully he is settling in. His defense is not that bad too.

RobertWeathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Pritchard looked more comfortable. Good for him to keep working and improving. Hopefully that will continue and his shot will start falling more regularly.

Hauser was 5 for 6, or 6 for 7, from behind the arc? Great game. Hopefully he is settling in. His defense is not that bad too.
Hauser is a streaky shooter...but I like him.

I'm still bullish on the bench (Hauser, Big Al and Pritch) they just need to get a little more comfortable with their roles

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
It really has happened a couple of times recently.

I'm not a fan of blowouts in the playoffs. 1982 vs Phil and 1985 vs LA and they lost both series, thought Tiny's shoulder injury (IIRC thanks Mahorn from previous series) was the reason for the loss in 1982....

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Hauser is a streaky shooter...but I like him.

I'm still bullish on the bench (Hauser, Big Al and Pritch) they just need to get a little more comfortable with their roles

Agreed. And I hope White, Holiday, and Porzi's style of play, ball movement, rubs off onto Tatum and Brown. Pritch is great at probing and distributing, let's hope the threes start falling. Hauser needs to be more consistent. To me, Al looks old. Hopefully we can add a mid level guy, to rest Porzi and Al. Someone like one of the Morris brothers, but maybe they are too expensive.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27