PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celebration penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ne5patsfan4

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
at first i thought it was for a spike on moss.
but then it was on maroney.
then they didnt announce it on tv.
does anyone know, why the called the penalty for team celebration, they clearly seemed to be doing what they always do.

Re: celebration penatly..?

Botched call. Spiking is allowed after a TD and that's only a 5 yard delay of game penalty if done outside the EZ.

i believe it was a team celebration call, because maroney joined in on the dance a little...

Horrible call....Maroney wiggled a little and Moss didnt even see him. So it was'nt muchof a group celebation. It looked to me the old man official did'nt like Moss celebrating right in front of him and made a knee-jerk reaction call to punish him.

I was not aware of a new rule that said you can't spike the football after scoring a TD.

I was not aware of a new rule that said you can't spike the football after scoring a TD.

the penalty wasn't for the spike

The penalty was horrible no matter the reason, maybe that douche on NFLN(Parriera(sp?)) will have an excuse for it.

The penalty was horrible no matter the reason, maybe that douche on NFLN(Parriera(sp?)) will have an excuse for it.

That is about the only consistent thing in the NFL.. the officials f.. up and the head ref covers for them..

They talked about it on TV, but I didn't see a view that had both Maroney and Moss in it. That's one of the things I'm going watch for when I rewatch the game today.

It is a rule. A stupid rule but a rule.When LoMo came over to Moss and slightly joined his dance it's considered a group celebration and an unsportsman like penelty.

i believe it was a team celebration call, because maroney joined in on the dance a little...

That's what the ref was saying to Moss, that it was about the dancing. Ridiculous!

"You will show no emotion!!!!"

then the morons in the press say..

"Patriots play like robots!!! without emotion!!"

"You will show no emotion!!!!"

then the morons in the press say..

"Patriots play like robots!!! without emotion!!"

Yeah you can't win.

Wait a sec... yeah you can! 16-0!

it was a joke call, but whatever, are any of us surprised...?

it was a joke call, but whatever, are any of us surprised...?

I'm not surprised at the call, but I am surprised that the ref who called it and tried to explain it to Moss was not immediately ushered off the field by his fellow officials for conduct unbecoming to the ref fraternity.

His demonstration dance was embarrassing. Moss was probably saying to himself, if I looked like that then I should have been flagged.

If it was for a group celebration, then why wasn't the special teams unit of the Giants penalized for it on the following kickoff? If it was for the dance, why wasn't Buress for his catch falling out of bounds?

It looked to me like Maroney ran up to Moss to do whatever (legal) celebration they usually do. Moss turned to another guy who jumped up in the air with him or something. Maroney stopped short, didn't hold perfectly still, and was called for "dancing."

I just saw it once, but that was what it looked like to me at the time.

I thought is was a reach by the ref and he should have walked away, but i'm not surprised given the way the NFL has come down on these things in recent years.

Gives BB a little more ammo in the film room.

It is a rule. A stupid rule but a rule.When LoMo came over to Moss and slightly joined his dance it's considered a group celebration and an unsportsman like penelty.

This is it.

The ref demonstrating has got to go in the annals, however. If sportcenter doesn't pick that up, somebody should and make a .gif out of it.

Just one more instance of Maroney dancing too much...:rolleyes:

If Randy hadn't broken into dance it would have gone un noticed. But considering how restrained Moss has been through the first 22, HE was entitled to dance. Koolaid still needs to do a little bit of growing up. Situational football... He jaws a lot after his better runs, and dances too much after his own scores IMO. Hopefully Bill can wring all forms of dancing out of him in time.

I think the ballsiest statement you can make when you score is to just flip the ball in the direction of the zebra like it's NBD 'cause you expect to score. The exception being record breakers or championship winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes