PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carson Palmer vs. Rodney Harrison AMAZING Recovery story

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
One of the most intriguing things about this game is when you consider 2 of this games stars,Carson Palmer and Rodney Harrison both received near career ending knee injuries last year..Many people did not know if they would ever play again or look the same....Although it appeared they both did not have the same ligament damage,both injuries were bad enough to wonder about their future,but here they both are,actually both starting in the 4th game of this season and an incredible nice story amidst all of the bad press and negativity out there - Which of these players do you think made the more miraculous recovery,Rodney or Carson? My vote is for Carson who not only has to play the most important position in all of football and not only has he recovered but he is high on most statistics of QB rankings/statistics at this point and not to mention the fact he received his injury much later in the season than Rodney,about 3 1/2 months later and less time for recovery.....Rodney to me looks like just another so so defender in the secondary at this time,he has not made a play where you could say WOW! and jump out of your chair like he used to do in the past,maybe he is far from 100% healthy or maybe he is just at the age where he can't be what he was and is slowing down,I don't know... Not accessing the age diffence between these two,I still think Carson has made the best strides in getting back to doing what both of these guys love to do more than anything-Play Football.....

PATRIOT64 said:
One of the most intriguing things about this game is when you consider 2 of this games stars,Carson Palmer and Rodney Harrison both received near career ending knee injuries last year..Many people did not know if they would ever play again or look the same....Although it appeared they both did not have the same ligament damage,both injuries were bad enough to wonder about their future,but here they both are,actually both starting in the 4th game of this season and an incredible nice story amidst all of the bad press and negativity out there - Which of these players do you think made the more miraculous recovery,Rodney or Carson? My vote is for Carson who not only has to play the most important position in all of football and not only has he recovered but he is high on most statistics of QB rankings/statistics at this point and not to mention the fact he received his injury much later in the season than Rodney,about 3 1/2 months later and less time for recovery.....Rodney to me looks like just another so so defender in the secondary at this time,he has not made a play where you could say WOW! and jump out of your chair like he used to do in the past,maybe he is far from 100% healthy or maybe he is just at the age where he can't be what he was and is slowing down,I don't know... Not accessing the age diffence between these two,I still think Carson has made the best strides in getting back to doing what both of these guys love to do more than anything-Play Football.....

Well, Carson could easily get the 'more amazing' vote because his injury happened in the post season while Rodney's was so early in the regular season, but...

I say Rodney's is far more amazing because A) His looked a HELL of a lot worse when it happened. I know looks aren't everything, but still. and B) Because he's, well, OLD. He's the football version of senior citizen.

Brownfan80 said:
I say Rodney's is far more amazing because A) His looked a HELL of a lot worse when it happened. I know looks aren't everything, but still. and B) Because he's, well, OLD. He's the football version of senior citizen.
Additionally, speed, quickness and cutting are a lot more important to a Safety than a pocket QB.

BelichickFan said:
Additionally, speed, quickness and cutting are a lot more important to a Safety than a pocket QB.
Exactly, you nailed it.

BelichickFan said:

True, but from I recall, Carson had a completely clean transection of his ACL (or other ligaments) and Rodney had more of a shear. The clean transection is a more difficult repair requiring a cadaveric graft because you can't just sew an ACL together (poor perfusion).

From a medical standpoint, Carson is the bigger story. From an overall standpoint (the age, cutting, speed, quickness, minimal recovery time) I still think it is Carson. To come back in barely 6 months, he put his body through hell to get here.

Paging Dr. PATSNUTme . . . Paging Dr. PATSNUTme . . . . :D

ctpatsfan77 said:
Paging Dr. PATSNUTme . . . Paging Dr. PATSNUTme . . . . :D
How does a proctologist help in this discussion? :rolleyes:

PATRIOT64 said:
Rodney to me looks like just another so so defender in the secondary at this time,he has not made a play where you could say WOW! and jump out of your chair like he used to do in the past,maybe he is far from 100% healthy or maybe he is just at the age where he can't be what he was and is slowing down,I don't know...

You have a right to voice your opinion and I respect that.

However, your opinion really sucks. That's my opinion.

Rodney isn't now or ever will be another "so-so" defender. You have to say "wow" and jump out of your chair to appreciate a great football player?

Tell me, when has HE gotten beat this year? To me he's playing at a level that is better than 75% of the safeties.

To compare Palmer who is QB and maybe runs 2 feet at half speed and Rodney who is a safety and is running on every play, is rediculous. They had similar injuries, that is where all the comparison stops.:mad:

PATSNUTme said:
You have a right to voice your opinion and I respect that.

However, your opinion really sucks. That's my opinion.

Rodney isn't now or ever will be another "so-so" defender. You have to say "wow" and jump out of your chair to appreciate a great football player?

Tell me, when has HE gotten beat this year? To me he's playing at a level that is better than 75% of the safeties.

To compare Palmer who is QB and maybe runs 2 feet at half speed and Rodney who is a safety and is running on every play, is rediculous. They had similar injuries, that is where all the comparison stops.:mad:
I got news for you, If you've been watching the games he does not look like himself like he usually is BEFORE the injury..If you think he does and is as fast and hard hitting your looking at somebody else..He is not the same-Yet-Maybe he will come around in time this year hopefully ,I never mentioned comparisons of other safeties anywhere in my post,I am referring solely to him and his injury and current play...... Your opinion blows..Thats my opinion 'respectfully'

PATRIOT64 said:
I got news for you, If you've been watching the games he does not look like himself like he usually is BEFORE the injury..If you think he does and is as fast and hard hitting your looking at somebody else..He is not the same-Yet-Maybe he will come around in time this year hopefully ,I never mentioned comparisons of other safeties anywhere in my post,I am referring solely to him and his injury and current play...... Your opinion blows..Thats my opinion 'respectfully'

I didn't say that he was back 100%,did I? But,a "so-so DB" is what you said.

No, you didn't compare him to other safties with the same injury. You are the one who is comparing a pocket QB with a safety that has to tackle and run and cover. That is an absurd comparison.

How can you possibly make that reach?

PS. Try paragraphs, it will make your posts easier to read, if they make sense.

AJain said:
True, but from I recall, Carson had a completely clean transection of his ACL (or other ligaments) and Rodney had more of a shear. The clean transection is a more difficult repair requiring a cadaveric graft because you can't just sew an ACL together (poor perfusion).

From a medical standpoint, Carson is the bigger story. From an overall standpoint (the age, cutting, speed, quickness, minimal recovery time) I still think it is Carson. To come back in barely 6 months, he put his body through hell to get here.

ESPN gets info from actual sports doctors and I seem to remember them saying that Palmer was fortunate because it was a clean tear which is easier to repair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing