PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cardinals looking to trade Deone Buccanon?

From my point of view too expensive for a one year rental unless you can sign him to a reasonable long term deal.

If the rumors are true Reddick is the more interesting player because he is still on cost control for a while.

Yeah I didn't notice the 8.1M hit. Yikes.

Feels like he would be a major upgrade to this defense though. Maybe the Pats can work something out with him on an extension...

Maybe trade some players to offset the cap hit. But I don’t know much about this guy. Is he any good?

Dwayne Allen has to be one of them.

I've been on the "cut Allen" train for a while, and he's overpaid for what he does, but he has been a fantastic blocker in the run game. Which isn't necessarily to say that he shouldn't be cut if an urgent need for cap space arises, but just to point out that cutting him would come with a very real cost to the on-field product. Wouldn't be the free cap space that I think a lot of people figure it out be.

Too high of a cap hit for a player with too many similarities to a guy we already have on the team. Pass.

Pretty sure we can't afford to take on his salary without making some major cuts.
I think there are plenty of guys that could restructure to free up money. Assuming they want to go this route and can get the negotiating done they can take on money.

I wonder what they would want for that Jones guy, he was the NFC defensive player for the week again. He would look great in a Pats uniform.
Hmm... Well let's see... His cap hit is $15.5 million. So if you cut.... every offensive linemen, starters and backups, that's $17.8 million. I think we could fit him in!

[Note: I don't actually know how dead money works. For satirical purposes only.]

Chung has basically been playing the Bucannon role better than Bucannon the last two weeks.

Now regarding Reddick:

Reddick is too talented at that low a cap hit to not atleast explore as a trade option. Many respectable people saw him as a legit pass rusher at the next level. I’d let Belichick see where he can fit in for a mid-round pick.

Chung has basically been playing the Bucannon role better than Bucannon the last two weeks.

Now regarding Reddick:

Reddick is too talented at that low a cap hit to not atleast explore as a trade option. Many respectable people saw him as a legit pass rusher at the next level. I’d let Belichick see where he can fit in for a mid-round pick.

That's IF he's still up for trade. The Cards used him a lot last week.

What position would he play?

Now regarding Reddick:

He's the great ST player they have too right?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back