PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the thread police calm down now that it is the offseason?

No one visits those forums. I'd hazard 95% of posters have the Patriots Fan Forum bookmarked and visit this forum almost exclusively (unless they mistakenly visit another forum by reading a moved thread still on the front page ...)

Looking at the front page today, the following threads have been moved:
All of these topics are interesting and topical. Some even relate to the Pats. Moving them suppresses discussion and IMO makes the board worse.

If 95% of the posters don't visit those other (NFL, Draft, Visiting Locker Room) forums, then we may as well just get rid of them then, correct?

EDIT: by 'them', I mean the other forums, not the other posters. . .

Last edited:
Patriots Fan Forum

That's the name of the main forum, not "Just Patriots stuff, even if it's made up". I find it amusing to read people acting as if posting something that's not directly associated with the Patriots when it's a slow period is going to bring on the apocalypse. There are threads on the first page of the main board that haven't had a comment put in them in over 24 hours. The world won't end if they get pushed to page 2 because people want to talk about "Pistol Marv" Harrison.
Pistol Harrison may just catch on. I'm liking it already.

I'd love to see Rodney line him up, make a shooting action towards him then absolute nail a forced fumble tackle next season.

FWIW it is annoying to have to go to other forums particularly when threads that you were following get moved and you 'forget' about them. I'm interested in the Patriots 1st and other related teams 2nd and then the NFL. Only non-football topics should be 'moved' otherwise let the site's customers (the readers & posters) decide if a thread lives or not. Personally I hate the trade Brady thread but I can live with the fact that others like it. BFD.

Patriots football does not have to be interpreted to 3 decimal places. The Pats exist in the environs of the NFL as a whole and are affected by coaching and player decisions throughout the league.

Post of the day. Almost every thread that got moved had Pats talk in it. It's not as if there's tons of (reliable,confirmed) Pats news to talk about. Sometimes even DURING the season the Pats stay so close to the vest we're lucky we get anything LOL. BTW I wouldn't have them be any other way;)
Anyway absolutely everything on our team right now is just speculation so why not have some football-related/Pats- related topics on your front page?
One of the more interesting discussions right now (imho) is one about Eric Mangini and Cleveland's FO. Not directly Pats but certainly a topic many Pats fans can comment on intelligently. That thread's still in the main forum cuz it's got Mcdaniels in the title but everyone's discussing Mangini and Cleveland.

Point being, that's what people want to discuss. If they get sick of it or some concrete Pats news breaks,it'll drop off because people moved on,not because the thread got moved to oblivion. My 2:D

I could see the bar being lowered on what deserves to remain on the pats forum...........many things have a direct relation to the pats and you never have a chance to bring up what it means to the pats by the time the thread is deported

now you have week old threads and stories dominating the most recent ones on the forum

granted some (like vincent jackson story) have no business on the pats forum in the first place, but legit football discussion should be given an opportunity to find effect on the pats before being judged

there are some 'purists' around here that seemingly only want to hear themselves talk

Post of the day. Almost every thread that got moved had Pats talk in it. It's not as if there's tons of (reliable,confirmed) Pats news to talk about. Sometimes even DURING the season the Pats stay so close to the vest we're lucky we get anything LOL. BTW I wouldn't have them be any other way;)
Anyway absolutely everything on our team right now is just speculation so why not have some football-related/Pats- related topics on your front page?
One of the more interesting discussions right now (imho) is one about Eric Mangini and Cleveland's FO. Not directly Pats but certainly a topic many Pats fans can comment on intelligently. That thread's still in the main forum cuz it's got Mcdaniels in the title but everyone's discussing Mangini and Cleveland.

Point being, that's what people want to discuss. If they get sick of it or some concrete Pats news breaks,it'll drop off because people moved on,not because the thread got moved to oblivion. My 2:D

I'm glad some people "get it." :D

The fact is I just popped by the board this morning, saw the main forum dominated by the same old Pats offseason stories 2x over as well as several other boring topics related to the Patriots. As a result, I'll probably visit the site far less today. This will stretch out into the offseason and might reach the point where I only pop in to check news in the morning.

I can't imagine it is the objective of Patsfans.com to suppress traffic, but what do I know ...

I'm glad some people "get it." :D

The fact is I just popped by the board this morning, saw the main forum dominated by the same old Pats offseason stories 2x over as well as several other boring topics related to the Patriots. As a result, I'll probably visit the site far less today. This will stretch out into the offseason and might reach the point where I only pop in to check news in the morning.

I can't imagine it is the objective of Patsfans.com to suppress traffic, but what do I know ...

I finally remembered where this was and was going to make a post, but why bother? I agree with posters here. This is called patsfans, not various scattered football fans.com

I'm not the hugest fan of the OCD Forum Police Edict that swept across the board this season; but at least during the season I get it: there is plenty Pats to talk about and non- (and even tangential) Pats news might get in the way.

But we are officially in the offseason now. There are more interesting things to talk about than the Pats.

In fact, the most interesting posts on the front page are all non-Pats related and of course have been moved.

If the spirit of the board is to have Pats fans get together and talk football, I kindly beseech the Powers That Be to be more lenient in moving threads at this point in time. It's only going to make the board less interesting.

But if being pedantic control freaks is more important, I totally get that too. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to this post being moved to the "proper" forum. :)
Here hear!!! The thread police are so anal, my posts must be approved by some jackhole before they are "published". That's why you'll never see this one, but at least it may force them to read your scathing remarks again:)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back