PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam’s sense of humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straw man.

its not a strawman at all, you said Brady's leadership style rubbed teammates the wrong way, basically implying that Cam is a better leader. Someone asked you to name 1 single source that suggests Tom's leadership style rubbed teammates the wrong way to support what you stated.. do you know what a straw man argument is?

Idk why we can't laugh at this thread topic without having to even talk about Tom. This really has nothing to do with Tom. Why are we talking about Tom?

I really want to know what incentives he's talking about. Did Bill really put a "hit this and you can dress me" incentive in the man's contract??

Trashing an all-world legend who was a phenomenal teammate, leader, and person because a guy known for immaturity, poor leadership, and finger pointing has put together two strong games and has not dealt with a wisp of adversity yet...what a fan base.

Stop trying to harvest positive post reacts from the white hoods.

Idk why we can't laugh at this thread topic without having to even talk about Tom. This really has nothing to do with Tom. Why are we talking about Tom?

I really want to know what incentives he's talking about. Did Bill really put a "hit this and you can dress me" incentive in the man's contract??
I really hope that incentive is in there. It would be so great! But I’m afraid he’s likely to be kidding, joking about how his sartorial habits contrast with Bill’s.

I‘d love to see Subway pick up on that and do a remake of that commercial except with Bill slicing Cam’s sleeves...

Belichick has developed a sense of humor too. I'm starting to actually believe the next time Cam Newton scores a touchdown and does his signature superman pose, Belichick will run up with Newton and while smiling, do the superman pose WITH Newton.

Is Cam responsible for the old rag Belichick was wearing as a shirt today?

Sports fans can be very fickle sometimes.

That said, it's because of fans that men get to be instant multi millionaires for playing a game that we all loved to play as kids, and I guess it comes with the territory of being a major "very rich" sports figure.

At least in this moment of time, the Patriots future doesn't dosen't look as bleak as it could months ago after loosing one of the best quarterbacks at winning in the game of football.

How would you like to be a Falcons fan after Dallas last week given their team history particularly after their loss in the superbowl? Being that I live in NC and work occasionally in Charlotte, I always get to hear about the Panthers. Be happy in the fact that you aren't a Panthers fan, because after spending what they did for Bridgewater to replace Cam, a lot of Panthers fans want the team to tank in hopes of getting Trevor Larwrence next year.

Football (like baseball and basketball) is a team sport. Although one man can help lead a team to victory, you still need the other teamates to win. The added variable (in winning and losing IMO) is the teams ownership and leadership, particularly in the behind the scenes role of general manager and the more visible coaching staff, giving the team the best odds of winning over time given the current player roster and player's development with his teamates.

Just for the fact that if your a Patriots fan today, given the realization that you can be somewhat optimistic about your teams future is a testament to their teams ownership, leadership and coaching staff.

At this point in time, IMO Cam is a prime example of a good player who had injuries that had only played on a not so great led professional team, going to a pretty darn good organization at putting the pieces of the puzzle together when they lose a couple of their bigger pieces of that puzzle. That said, no one can be 100% certain of the future in a brutal physical sport, and everyones love of Cam could be gone in 6 months with everyone screaming for his head.

Straw man.
MgCX-ucE7jPlnT_rA8bSajAf9SzFK0nwhgogOyIyPupI8juoQbYoevlbTsgL2Ys4IEkjsLUkMabtd-GGORtIJNPR8x7AxHFcsw7lpE_gGkNx6e1fIFli0bIlJmX7f58OrZQhr1EFjVbjbaj44sbe0ae8Y5TCl2Ljeq4

No kidding, sir. For some reason, the butthurt poster who tried riding my case forgot this blatant truth.

Is Brady the GOAT? Absofrickinlutely. Is he a perfectionist to the point of potentially alienating teammates? I believe, if pressed, they would be forced to admit it. But their professionalism mandated silence on their part, as did team unity.

Is it possible for both preceding perceptions to be true? Sure. For Mayo51 to insist otherwise is a buncha hooey.

So you can't think of any teammates who disliked him. Gotcha, point proven.

I never said any teammates "disliked" Tom. But I bet his act wore thin with a few of them. As a 22-year vet of my workplace, I've encountered similar situations, but because of my professionalism, I keep my opinions to myself.

For the record, your point is a strawman.

Sports fans can be very fickle sometimes.

That said, it's because of fans that men get to be instant multi millionaires for playing a game that we all loved to play as kids, and I guess it comes with the territory of being a major "very rich" sports figure.

At least in this moment of time, the Patriots future doesn't dosen't look as bleak as it could months ago after loosing one of the best quarterbacks at winning in the game of football.

How would you like to be a Falcons fan after Dallas last week given their team history particularly after their loss in the superbowl? Being that I live in NC and work occasionally in Charlotte, I always get to hear about the Panthers. Be happy in the fact that you aren't a Panthers fan, because after spending what they did for Bridgewater to replace Cam, a lot of Panthers fans want the team to tank in hopes of getting Trevor Larwrence next year.

Football (like baseball and basketball) is a team sport. Although one man can help lead a team to victory, you still need the other teamates to win. The added variable (in winning and losing IMO) is the teams ownership and leadership, particularly in the behind the scenes role of general manager and the more visible coaching staff, giving the team the best odds of winning over time given the current player roster and player's development with his teamates.

Just for the fact that if your a Patriots fan today, given the realization that you can be somewhat optimistic about your teams future is a testament to their teams ownership, leadership and coaching staff.

At this point in time, IMO Cam is a prime example of a good player who had injuries that had only played on a not so great led professional team, going to a pretty darn good organization at putting the pieces of the puzzle together when they lose a couple of their bigger pieces of that puzzle. That said, no one can be 100% certain of the future in a brutal physical sport, and everyones love of Cam could be gone in 6 months with everyone screaming for his head.

Yes, we can definitely be fickle.

I agree that coaching is important, but many SB teams have made it there with average coaches. That's not so true for average players.

I’ll be impressed with Cam’s sense of humor if he shows up at a post game press conference dressed as a minuteman.

Winning Super Bowls just wasnt fun anymore.

Well our new QB has a lot better chance doing that here than our former QB would have that’s for sure.

LOL. No kidding. I could care less about personality. Just win the game.

But Halloween costumes and the cool Cam hats. Bradys hats were lame ***.

Well our new QB has a lot better chance doing that here than our former QB would have that’s for sure.

You got 1 thing right - "here"

Brady has way better WRs, RBs and TEs surrounding him in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots