PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Caitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce Jenner): Transgender girls competing in girls sports is unfair

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
It is completely sound. If there wasn’t an issue with girls having equal opportunity to compete there would be basketball teams, not boys and girls basketball teams. It’s not for social reasons, it’s because girls need an equal opportunity to play, and if they must compete with boys they do not have that.
Transgender rights, in this topic, infringe upon girls rights. It doesn’t have to be an entire team of girls not making the team because a biological boy is allowed to, one is sufficient. That’s why they are called rights.
Its amazing to me how the lefts politics consistently chooses a new favorite to champion and forgets about those who fought for their rights and got them.

Just as the left tells us their priority is the economic well being of African Americans while encouraging illegal aliens to take jobs away from them.

No girl has a right to make the team or win a competition. Some high schools have 2500 students and some have 100 students. That is itself a numbers disadvantage. Girls have a right to tryout for the team and being selected or not selected for reasons that aren’t discriminatory.

You’re very confused about what equal opportunity/discrimination is.

Perhaps you could educate yourself before having a hissy fit and screaming about “the lefts politics“ and desperately attempting to bring in your political umbrella on an issue that has nothing to do with illegal aliens, African Americans, another irrelevant ”rallying points” that apparently get you really upset and vocal. Fear is a strong emotion.

You’ve lost your way, son. These concepts have a legal and constitutional basis whether you understand them or not. I know you love to scream about the left media, the left academics, the left forum members, whatever you can as the walls close in on you because you have nothing. Go read about this stuff and I’ll be happy to discuss it with a better, more knowledgable version of you.

Last edited:

Ice_Ice_Brady

Not at all.
The girl is a better athlete DESPITE having the physical disadvantage of the body structure, strength, speed and muscle mass compared to a male.
Her “advantage” is probably that she worked her ass off, and surpassed other people with more god given physical traits.

Sounds scientific.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
No girl has a right to make the team or win a competition.
[/QUOTE]
if that were true there would be one team for all genders.

Some high schools have 2500 students and some have 100 students. That is itself a numbers disadvantage. Girls have a right to tryout for the team and being selected or not selected for reasons that aren’t discriminatory.
And the one who is cut because the spot was taken by a biological male was discriminated against.
You’re very confused about what equal opportunity/discrimination is.
No I am not.
Perhaps you could educate yourself before having a hissy fit and screaming about “the lefts politics“ and sadly attempting to bring in your political umbrella on an issue that has nothing to do with illegal aliens, African Americans, another irrelevant ”rallying points” that apparently get you really upset and vocal. Fear is a strong emotion.
Funny that you respond to someone having a different point of view than you as “having a hissy fit”. See that is what people do when they have no argument to debate, they attack the speaker. You are very transparent.

An important part of debating is using analogy. Evidently that hurts your feelings because it introduces a second point you can’t refute.
You’ve lost your way, son.
attack the speaker = you know you can’t dispute, 2.0

These concepts have a legal and constitutional basis whether you understand them or not.
Oh I surely understand them.
I know you love to scream about the left media, the left academics, the left forum members, whatever you can as the walls close in on you because you have nothing. Go read about this stuff and I’ll be happy to discuss it with a better, more knowledgable version of you.

I would suggest rather than bury your head in the sand hiding from the discussion you do exactly what you suggest and educate yourself. Giving long winded responses that offer nothing more than “ you are wrong but I can’t put forth an argument to support that so I will attack you” just wastes everyone’s time.
You can start with explaining why there are laws that state that there must be equal female teams to make teams yet you think that females have no right to be segregated from biological makes on teams and in competition. Study hard.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
A totally unsound argument. Equal opportunity is the opportunity to participate, or the opportunity to considered to participate without discrimination.
Bullcrap. Equal opportunity in an athletic competition also includes a level playing field.

How about we just completely get rid of separating genders all together in sporting contests? According to your silly logic, that would give everyone equal opportunity.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
You’ve lost your way, son.
"You've lost your way son" says the man who supports having biological males compete in women's sports. The lack of self awareness is astounding.

These concepts have a legal and constitutional basis whether you understand them or not.
Well... we'll just see about that..... give the lawsuits time to work their way up to SCOTUS and then we can talk about the Constitutional basis....

Ice_Ice_Brady

Bullcrap. Equal opportunity in an athletic competition also includes a level playing field.

How about we just completely get rid of separating genders all together in sporting contests? According to your silly logic, that would give everyone equal opportunity.

You can disagree all you want. I've stated it's obvious that male and female athletes aren't equal...it's obvious...though I've pointed out a few outlier cases where women crossed over to men's sports and no one gave a damn about "the fairness" of it.

But when it comes down to it, for public schools, the priority will be about accomodating and representing every citizen, and it's more practical (and much, much less expensive) to just merge TG athletes with binary ones. If you don't agree this will be the outcome, based on the nature of public institutions, taxpayers, constitutional precendent, that's fine. I believe the ultimate outcome is that equal opportunity does not exist in the context of fair competition in atheltics, and you are just changing the meaning of the actual historical meaning of of equal opportunity - as its been used in a variety of Supreme Court rulings and public policies involving gender discrimination.

Ice_Ice_Brady

"You've lost your way son" says the man who supports having biological males compete in women's sports. .

When did I support that? Have I been passionately arguing for the inclusion of TG athletes in women's sports? I've stated that in the Olympics, no, because it's unfair competition; in professional leagues, no, because it's unfair competition contrary to what the consumer will want; and in public schools, regardless of what is fair, public institutions will prioritize inclusion over gendered athletic fairness, due in large part because of a fear of lawsuits and also because taxpayers will just relent to merging them instead of paying for numerous other teams. There's a financial aspect to it. Because ultimately, public insitutions have many concerns and athletic competitive integrity will take a back seat to others.

Which part of this do you disagree with?

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
When did I support that? Have I been passionately arguing for the inclusion of TG athletes in women's sports? I've stated that in the Olympics, no, because it's unfair competition; in professional leagues, no, because it's unfair competition contrary to what the consumer will want; and in public schools, regardless of what is fair, public institutions will prioritize inclusion over gendered athletic fairness, due in large part because of a fear of lawsuits and also because taxpayers will just relent to merging them instead of paying for numerous other teams. There's a financial aspect to it. Because ultimately, public insitutions have many concerns and athletic competitive integrity will take a back seat to others.

Which part of this do you disagree with?
The part where boys get to play in girls' leagues.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Kids confined to wheelchairs are technically allowed to tryout for the varsity team. They have an actual right to do so, provided they are academically eligible. They won’t make the team because they won’t meet the competitive standards. This is very different from not being able to try out for any team because the school disagrees with your gender and doesn’t provide an alternative.

But if you want to bring up wheelchairs, that should be a hint for how this will end when it comes to schools. Notice that every school is wheelchair accessible now, even if there’s never been a handicapped kid in the community? Why do you think that is?

The idea that public schools and public institutions will/should prioritize the sanctity of fair gender competition over its legal obligations to provide equal access to all citizens is laughable.

You shouldn’t be able to go out for a team where you have an unfair biological advantage, much like banning boys from teams if they have been taking HGH or Steroids. That is the sort of advantage trans girls have over biological girls. Follow the science.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
You shouldn’t be able to go out for a team where you have an unfair biological advantage, much like banning boys from teams if they have been taking HGH or Steroids. That is the sort of advantage trans girls have over biological girls. Follow the science.
Now come on that is not fair.
You can only say follow the science when they like what the majority opinion on the interpretation of the science is.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So seven footers should not be allowed to play basketball?

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Now come on that is not fair.
You can only say follow the science when they like what the majority opinion on the interpretation of the science is.

This is an EXACT comparison some males cheat by augmenting their testosterone or HGH levels to gain a competitive advantage, a trams female have an built in competitive due to their higher Testosterone levels fact. Dance around it as you will see the failed Weight Male Weight Lifter ( past prime completive age) who choose to become a woman and will win a gold medal denying that chance to biological females who worked their whole lives for that goal.

condon84

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
This is an EXACT comparison some males cheat by augmenting their testosterone or HGH levels to gain a competitive advantage, a trams female have an built in competitive due to their higher Testosterone levels fact. Dance around it as you will see the failed Weight Male Weight Lifter ( past prime completive age) who choose to become a woman and will win a gold medal denying that chance to biological females who worked their whole lives for that goal.

Can't wait. We're closer and closer to this becoming a reality :rofl:

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
"You've lost your way son" says the man who supports having biological males compete in women's sports. The lack of self awareness is astounding.

Well... we'll just see about that..... give the lawsuits time to work their way up to SCOTUS and then we can talk about the Constitutional basis....

what does the constitution say about this?