PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Caitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce Jenner): Transgender girls competing in girls sports is unfair

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
Is it possible to keep politics out of this one? I think it’s significant that Caitlyn has voiced opposition to this, being the obvious “famous person with the perspective to do so.”

Of course, there’s the idea that this completely motivated by politics to begin with, as Jenner might be trying to win over moderates for an upcoming run.

Anyway, it’s 2021 and things aren’t going back into the bag, so if you also oppose transgender competition, what’s the alternative? Do you create a separate competition for transgender athletes? An answer involving “what happens to them isn’t my problem...their choice, etc.” isn’t going to solve any problems through compromise.

Last edited:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Is it possible to keep politics out of this one? I think it’s significant that Caitlyn has voiced opposition to this, being the obvious “famous person with the perspective to do so.”

Of course, there’s the idea that this completely motivated by politics to begin with, as Jenner might be trying to win over moderates for an upcoming run.

Anyway, it’s 2021 and things aren’t going back into the bag, so if you also oppose transgender competition, what’s the alternative? Do you create a separate competition for transgender athletes? An answer involving “what happens to them isn’t my problem...their choice, etc.” isn’t going to solve any problems through compromise.
If you are creating an athletic competition limited to one of the 2 genders, the gender they really are should be the criteria not the gender they choose to compete against. The reason competition is segregated by gender is because the physical traits, size, strength, etc are different and a woman cannot reasonably compete against a man. Men who choose to compete against women do not belong due to those reasons.
The rights of the women competitors cannot be thrown out to support an anomaly. Beyond that are the locker room issues, particularly with student athletes.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Transgendered females should not be allowed to compete in sports. Take golf as an example. Ladies tee's are closer to the hole than the mens. The more yards per hole the more advantage for the female. The reason is that men have more strength and can drive farther. The only possibility is if the transgendered person loses strength in the process. Otherwise, it's not a debate.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Transgendered females should not be allowed to compete in sports. Take golf as an example. Ladies tee's are closer to the hole than the mens. The more yards per hole the more advantage for the female. The reason is that men have more strength and can drive farther. The only possibility is if the transgendered person loses strength in the process. Otherwise, it's not a debate.
I think they can compete in sports just fine as long as they have their own divisions. If that’s not inclusive enough for them then too bad. Sorry about your luck, bro. You were born a man. A former man that’s a woman can call himself a woman all he wants. Even if he hacks his dick in half and then folds it up into a slit. But he/she/whatever pronoun you want to use still has the strength of a man. That’s a competitive edge. Put M-F conversions into their own divisions and put F-M conversions into their own. Problem solved.

Now, if you really want to see a head explode, put a feminist into this debate. Let’s see how far that “equal rights” stuff goes.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Can anyone provide actual examples of this ‘unfairness’? Or is this just another way for a bunch of miserable prudes producing a problem because they lack tha capacity to put thought into real problems? This is right up there with having to hide your hamburgers, dr seuss books, and potato head.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Can anyone provide actual examples of this ‘unfairness’? Or is this just another way for a bunch of miserable prudes producing a problem because they lack tha capacity to put thought into real problems? This is right up there with having to hide your hamburgers, dr seuss books, and potato head.

And post number 2.

fightingirish595

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Depends when the transition takes place. Make puberty can be stopped/prevented with treatment I’m pretty sure. So not all trans would have an advantage

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
so the skull got fractured because she is a he?

lol......so Fox getting pounded senseless by Ashlee Evans-Smith is what?

it’s hilarious how people will chalk up the result in the trans thing.

Opinions like this speak more about you than the topic
Ah. So you weren’t actually looking for examples, then. You were just looking for an excuse to virtue signal and lash out. Got it. You also completely ignored the other research I shared.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Based on what?
Based on the fact that a kid doesn’t know what they want and their brains still need to mature. See the smoking age, drinking age, and the age required to enter the service. That said, in the end, this would be the state’s decision.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
So every loss to a trans is an example?
This is called a straw man. You wanted an example. I gave you two. One that actually happened and one that was a scientific study. But, again, you weren’t actually looking for examples. That much is clear now.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Based on the fact that a kid doesn’t know what they want and their brains still need to mature. See the smoking age, drinking age, and the age required to enter the service. That said, in the end, this would be the state’s decision.

Human sexuality has nothing to do with those other things.

I love how people want to be control freaks when their comfort zone is compromised

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
This is called a straw man. You wanted an example. I gave you two. One that actually happened and one that was a scientific study. But, again, you weren’t actually looking for examples. That much is clear now.

you gave me nothing except two things that seemingly agree with your interpretation of life.

try again

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Human sexuality has nothing to do with those other things.

I love how people want to be control freaks when their comfort zone is compromised
Yes. The control freak who is okay with leaving the decision/law up to the applicable state. Makes a ton of sense.

you gave me nothing except two things that seemingly agree with your interpretation of life.

try again

You most definitely didn’t read the study then. It’s obvious for two reasons - 1) the quickness with which you responded, and 2) the fact that you missed the ultimate conclusion. Here’s a hint - the ultimate conclusion doesn’t agree with my take of them having their own divisions. Try reading first and arguing second.