PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler & Saints working towards finalizing a deal (Thread now UFC Pats Fans Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your admission that you don't know, Mr. Everyone Needs To Give Cites to the CBA Except Me.
So now you just make things up?
Please show me where I asked people to cite the cba.
Not sure what you think was an admission other than saying I could be wrong about one detail and turned out to be. Wow you won the Internet with that one.

Are they also the source of your increasing assertions about how this rule you don't actually know the root of works? First you were saying it only applied to players not under contract. Then you were saying it also applied to players who were under contract if it was after the trade deadline, and so on. If you can't give a CBA or other official cite to that could you give us the quotes from BB or Lombardi that confirms all the extra stuff you've claimed is true about this?
The quotes from bb and Lombardi have been posted in this thread.
The fact that you want to split hairs and say you can talk about trading a guy at a future date when he won't be under contract tells me you are not discussing facts but trying to be a douchebag. Enjoy that.

or a trade

none of the options Rapoport mentioned was a trade...Pats have no incentive to trade him for less than they think he is worth.

none of the options Rapoport mentioned was a trade...Pats have no incentive to trade him for less than they think he is worth.

Butler gets offer sheet, we don't match, we get the Saints #11 pick, THEN we trade back to the Saints that #11 pick for #32, #forty-whatever (Saints 2nd), and a conditional late-rounder next year.

Cleanest way to do it.

Discuss with the Saints "if we somehow were to get a pick in the 10-12 range in this draft, we will trade it to you for #32, #forty-whatever (Saints 2nd), and a conditional late-rounder next year."

Butler's name never comes up!

Basically, the Patriots are handling a RFA exactly the way a RFA should be handled. It's almost as if they're a well run organization in complete command of its business.

Yep

I'm not sure why people are making this so complicated? He can stay in NE, he can sign as a RFA and the Patriots get #11, or they can cut a trade. Hard to see how the Patriots lose out in any scenario?

Yep

I'm not sure why people are making this so complicated? He can stay in NE, he can sign as a RFA and the Patriots get #11, or they can cut a trade. Hard to see how the Patriots lose out in any scenario?
the complicated part is figuring what Belichick would take in a trade...this depends how badly he wants to move him...no one knows except Bill

Butler gets offer sheet, we don't match, we get the Saints #11 pick, THEN we trade back to the Saints that #11 pick for #32, #forty-whatever (Saints 2nd), and a conditional late-rounder next year.

Cleanest way to do it.

Discuss with the Saints "if we somehow were to get a pick in the 10-12 range in this draft, we will trade it to you for #32, #forty-whatever (Saints 2nd), and a conditional late-rounder next year."

Butler's name never comes up!

This makes me sick.

Is anyone on this board actually excited for this trade?

I'd still hate it but the #11 pick at least makes it reasonable.

Getting our #32 back while losing one of the best CBs in the game? I want to puke.

Has any team set a precedent by having their RFA sign the tender, then turn around and trade that player to a team with whom the player had tried working out a long term deal?

Regards,
Chris

Losing MB would really suck...and if the contingency plan, involves bringing Revis back...That is beyond sickening.

Last edited:
This makes me sick.

Getting our #32 back while losing one of the best CBs in the game? I want to puke.
They found this guy at popeye's and coached him up. There must be guys just like him at kfc, arby's, burger king. They've just scratched the surface of the fast food industry.

This makes me sick.

Does that mean trading Cooks for #32 and a 3, and 2 years of low cost should make us puke? lol. Cooks would be worth a #11 pick, and was traded very early.Thats why most Saints believe there is a larger deal in play that includes the Cooks deal. That and how the deal is progressing. As if BB,SP, and MB knows the timeline and how its going to play out. The main reason fans believe #11 wont go to NE is
1. It would have happend already
2. SP needs #11 to fix the defense. Im sure BB knows this.
Id kind of be suprised if other teams with better cap than us are just not even interested in MB. Seems odd to me. I think its a complicated deal with alot of milestones,because it took almost 2 days longer with Cooks, and of course why is MB coming to NO at all.

Last edited:
WRs are more valuable than CBs? What world do you live in? It's funny but yes, NE will get #11 or Butler back. It's why they gave him the 1st round tender.
Not saying they are, saying they seem to get a better paycheck, excuse may phrasing. Also can BM cover Cooks 60% of the time ?
Because then I would say hes the better player. But if Cooks burns MB 60% of the time in single man coverage than Cooks is a higher trade. If thats the case then #32 and a 3 ? and you want a #11 ?
And in my mind SP and BB probably know the CBA rules and have lawyers to check more than anyone. No one on either team is violating anything. There are ways around it that are legal.

Last edited:
most Saints believe there is a larger deal in play that includes the Cooks deal.
Based on Raps latest updates it sounds like that might be just wishful thinking on yalls part.

They found this guy at popeye's and coached him up. There must be guys just like him at kfc, arby's, burger king. They've just scratched the surface of the fast food industry.
In-N-Out burger makes the most sense ...

Based on Raps latest updates it sounds like that might be just wishful thinking on yalls part.
Sports Reporters ? err Ill pass lol. They are hardly ever right. So Im to trust espn now about defategate and their expert journalism because it suits me :p Nah they are just posting to make a quota. Basically a forum, but you get payed for each post haha

Sports Reporters ? err Ill pass lol. They are hardly ever right. So Im to trust espn now about defategate and their expert journalism because it suits me :p Nah they are just posting to make a quota. Basically a forum, but you get payed for each post haha
Rapoport is pretty reputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back