PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bspn's John Parry(SB ref)says PI would haven been called on Pats if reviewed, one problem with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Rams wouldn't have been in the F**CKING SB if they had replay for Pass Interference

I think the point Parry was getting at was be careful what you wish for. Almost every play could have a PI called. Gronk at the end of the Eagles SB would have given the Patriots an untimed down from the 1 yard line for sure. Get used to that on every end of game hail mary.

I think he's right that they should limit it to real time speed for the PIs.

Would have won the game regardless. Next...

I think the point Parry was getting at was be careful what you wish for. Almost every play could have a PI called. Gronk at the end of the Eagles SB would have given the Patriots an untimed down from the 1 yard line for sure. Get used to that on every end of game hail mary.

That is exactly why this will be a disaster.

Cry on command football.

They say the same thing with holding right? That holding could be called on almost every play.

I kind of think I’d like to get rid of replay in all forms in all sports.

What about that pick play in the 4th quarter of the Kansas City game? The one where Bill broke his Surface tablet he was so pissed.

edited to add the thread That illegal pick play though

Last edited:
I kind of think I’d like to get rid of replay in all forms in all sports.

In my fantasy world I wish there was replay in '76 vs Oakland as the Patriots would have gone to the SB and been champs. Russ Francis' arms held back by Villipiano (would have needed PI replay). RTP on Sugar Bear (would need penalty replay).

And no replay means no 2001 SB.

I'll take reality. But I'll keep replay.

What about that pick play in the 4th quarter of the Kansas City game? The one where Bill broke his Surface tablet he was so pissed.
Rule 3.6, section 2.

Any rule infractions that benefit New England's opponent will not be called and/or reviewed.

Yep. That was ridiculous.

”Legion of Boom” admitted to being very aggressive every play because they knew the refs wouldn’t call holding, PI’s on every play.

”Legion of Boom” admitted to being very aggressive every play because they knew the refs wouldn’t call holding, PI’s on every play.

1. Legion of Boom was smart to take that approach.

2. The problem with PI isn't the frequency of the flags. It's the inconsistency on what constitutes a flag. I've rewatched the AFCCG several times and been just as mad there were two sets of rules for the KC and NE DBs. There's an overturn coming this season against the Patriots where this incidental contact or hand checking by both the receiver and DB which should go uncalled and they're going to change the call against the Patriots and this board will go nuts.

Pass interference and holding calls can be called on almost every play if you go by the rule book. Imagine how fun it would be watching games with 50 flags and reviews.

1. Legion of Boom was smart to take that approach.

2. The problem with PI isn't the frequency of the flags. It's the inconsistency on what constitutes a flag. I've rewatched the AFCCG several times and been just as mad there were two sets of rules for the KC and NE DBs. There's an overturn coming this season against the Patriots where this incidental contact or hand checking by both the receiver and DB which should go uncalled and they're going to change the call against the Patriots and this board will go nuts.
I remember Romo calling Gronk getting held on his entire route wondering why a flag was never thrown

This is now the third thread about this. We had one post SB talking about how close to PI it was, then one after the owners meeting when Giardi & co pointed out this play specifically. And now another one..

Yes, if the Rams had a challenge left at that point they might have gotten a PI call. No, I don't think it should have been PI because it was more of a drop by Cooks than anything. Let see how bad it will get this season with the rule changes.

This is now the third thread about this. We had one post SB talking about how close to PI it was, then one after the owners meeting when Giardi & co pointed out this play specifically. And now another one..

Yes, if the Rams had a challenge left at that point they might have gotten a PI call. No, I don't think it should have been PI because it was more of a drop by Cooks than anything. Let see how bad it will get this season with the rule changes.

Yeah, Gilmore had a little bit his arm but they usually let this stuff go in super bowls anyway...

Pass interference and holding calls can be called on almost every play if you go by the rule book. Imagine how fun it would be watching games with 50 flags and reviews.

Which is why i think the real issue with the extended replay review are not the coaches challenges but that the league can do whatever they want inside 2 minutes.

Even PFT commentators (aka Pats haters) are pretty much in universal agreement that correctly should have been a non-call, or at least just a 50/50 judgement call that shouldn’t be reversed. And all agree this new review is a really bad idea.

Reviews still require a coach's challenge flag be thrown, except in the last two minutes. That won't change. So the fretting about this bringing about way more challenges is silly whining.

For the most part, coaches will still save their challenges only for obvious blown calls that are costly, and those are the ones that ought to be corrected.

I'm with BB on this. Be able to challenge everything, but knowing that if you challenge a judgement call, you run the risk of screwing yourself over by losing a challenge for something more cut-and-dried that goes against you later.

Nice one @JMC00 You're doing BSPN's job for them. Stop taking the cheese!

Of course nobody is mentioning the missed DPI on robey-coleman. That's not the point of what they're doing! How many times does it have to be repeated until people learn? Wouldn't be making BB's team that's for sure. BB doesn't like error repeaters according to Bruschi.

If you can't handle watching BSPN without needing to share or vent to someone(thus doing their job for them) then don't watch BSPN. For **** sakes it's not rocket science man! Use your brain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes