PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins off season thread.

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The bruins must make a trade to create cap room. They have to many important players that are either RFA or UFA this year or next. I would try to find a way to trade backes. But that will be extremely difficult considering his contract and lack of production. Short of that i would try to move David Krejčí.

Krejci won't be much easier to trade; and because there are only a small handful of even decent prospects in their "system," there is nobody to replace them if they are moved elsewhere...And unfortunately - again - this weekend's draft produced absolutely ZERO near-term and very likely long-term help whatsoever. Johnny Beecher = Trent Frederic Part Deaux...meanwhile, Arthur Kaliyev - aka the Best Player Available at #30 - went to the LA Kings 3 picks later...typical.

Johnny Beecher = Trent Frederic Part Deaux...meanwhile, Arthur Kaliyev - aka the Best Player Available at #30 - went to the LA Kings 3 picks later...typical.

Kaliyev isn't without risk but Breecher seems like a reactionary pick to what happened in the finals from a physical standpoint.

Drafting so low doesnt help but this was a terrible draft by the Bruins.

based on what?
based on scouting reports mostly. Obviously these guys could develop into something useful down the road but thier "cons' heavily out weigh their "pros". Beecher was an ok pick, but the others i dont think will contribute anything. i hope im wrong

Krejci won't be much easier to trade; and because there are only a small handful of even decent prospects in their "system," there is nobody to replace them if they are moved elsewhere...And unfortunately - again - this weekend's draft produced absolutely ZERO near-term and very likely long-term help whatsoever.
Johnny Beecher = Trent Frederic Part Deaux.
Meanwhile, LW Arthur Kaliyev - aka the Best Player Available at #30 - went to the LA Kings 3 picks later...typical.
Also forgot to mention that RW Raphael Lavoie - another borderline top-20 talent - was also available at #30. I had thought that he had already been taken by then.

Krejci won't be much easier to trade; and because there are only a small handful of even decent prospects in their "system," there is nobody to replace them
they have to trade him for a draft pick. They don't want a player in return. They have to clear cap space to sign some of their current players. Then put Coyle on the second line.

Bruins Sign Connor Clifton To Extension, Lose Noel Acciari To Panthers. I hate Bruins management. it's the same thing every offseason. they always lose players. good players that they fail to keep because of poor cap management. they need to hire somebody that knows how to manage the salary cap desperately. bye bye acciari and bye bye Marcus Johansson. two good players who wanted to stay in boston. jarome iginla says hello.

pathetic roster management. Acciari will be a big loss.

Your "Executive of the Year" (snicker) in action...or is it inaction...

they need to unload Backes. that would give them some breathing room in salary. I doubt anyone would bite without boston paying some salary. It was a poor signing when they got him and its worse now. Oh well

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back