PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2019 - 2020

Other than lacking a bit in 5 on 5 finishing touch that was a pretty impressive game tonight returning from the break. B's were more physical than they've been in a long time. Took the hitting to Winnipeg in their own building and dropped the gloves four times tonight. Rask looked really good in his first game back from the concussion. Great ST play as well, 2 PPG and none allowed in 6 chances. Lauzon picked up right where he left off, kid looks like a keeper. All in all, not too shabby.

Anyone watching the Beanpot tourney?

BC and BU are headed to a second overtime at 4-4.

Anyone watching the Beanpot tourney?

BC and BU are headed to a second overtime at 4-4.

Hate to admit it but I fell asleep with it on.

The bruins look refreshed and ready to go after the break. Ever since charlie Coyle got the A on his jersey his play has elevated.

The bruins look refreshed and ready to go after the break. Ever since charlie Coyle got the A on his jersey his play has elevated.

The intensity is back, let's hope it stays that way.

Coyle has Outstanding hands...that goal he scored on the rebound was Beautiful.

that goal he scored on the rebound was Beautiful.
It really was. I think making him an alternate captain was a great move. Instead of coasting after signing a new long term deal. He now has a sense of responsibility to the team with the A on his jersey.

They have 78 pts, best in hockey. That is with 12 OTLs. Unbelievable

They have 78 pts, best in hockey. That is with 12 OTLs. Unbelievable
I don't want them to win the presidents cup. It's a f--king curse. I can't remember the last time a team with the most points in the league at years end won the cup. That being said they are playing great. Nice to see charlie mcavoy finally get a goal. He needs to shoot the puck more.

That's five losses in a row to the going nowhere red wings. Strange indeed. It was a back to back. And an early start time. The bruins get a pass.

I've got a seriously homesick nephew that's been in MI for a few years. We text during B's games, it's something he really looks forward to. When the B's aren't playing he'll hit me up to watch Detroit, as a result I end up seeing see more Wings games than I'd like. I don't know what makes it happen but the Wings team I see against Boston has next to no resemblance to the one I see play everyone else. Yes, Detroit always seems to catch the B's at a favorable scheduling moment but it's more than just that. Boston just brings out the Wings 'A' game for some reason.

Detroit's goal-tender Bernier has played well lately, so combine his good recent play with a tired Bs team on the road taking shots with less juice on them (like during their 2-man advantage in the 1st period), and the result is a low-scoring loss.

Still think they need another top-9-calibre RW & another top-6-calibre RD.

I've got a seriously homesick nephew that's been in MI for a few years. We text during B's games, it's something he really looks forward to. When the B's aren't playing he'll hit me up to watch Detroit, as a result I end up seeing see more Wings games than I'd like. I don't know what makes it happen but the Wings team I see against Boston has next to no resemblance to the one I see play everyone else. Yes, Detroit always seems to catch the B's at a favorable scheduling moment but it's more than just that. Boston just brings out the Wings 'A' game for some reason.
Sometimes there is just no explanation. Good thing the wings aren't going to the playoffs.:D

WTH?
Lauzon got a match penalty in game and a 2 game suspension for his hit on Stepan but Lawson Crouse's obvious retaliation head shot on Charlie McAvoy not only drew just 2 minutes in game, it didn't even rate a reaction from the NHL DOPS. That's some serious BS

Helluva Beanpot final last night...I feel bad for the BU kids the way it ended, as does my brother (class of 1980)...but Northeastern has been a tournament doormat for so long- except for the 1980s - that it's nice to see them have a three-peat.

What a great textbook smothering D game out of the B's tonight. For anyone that loves the game that 3rd was a thing of beauty. Most of the talk will be about Pasta topping 4o goals with the hat trick but the possession D and this Marchy dangle shouldn't get lost in the wash...

Last edited:
That’s more like it. The Bruins just caught the Red Wings at an unfavorable time- a 12:30 road start not even 15 hours after their last game in Boston ended. And they still outplayed them and would have won if Bernier didn’t stand in his head.

The favorable scheduling fluke vs Boston doesn't apply for Detroit today. Both teams last played on Thursday. Expecting a de-panting of the Wings this afternoon.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back