PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns sign Kareem Hunt to a contract. GM: “We believe he deserves a second chance"

I just watched the video again

If that was a guy in the video this wouldn’t even be news. The uproar is hilarious

Guess I was just saying that from a personal perspective.

Still though, given some of the supposed social causes some of these players have been outward in supporting, why do they oppose some cases of violence but not others?

There's a difference between tolerating someone who's done something you don't like and being fine with what they did. We used to understand that, back in the days before the general populace turned into one huge, bitter, virtue signalling knitting circle.

The Ravens, just for one very obvious example, seem to have survived it fine.
One could argue they could have had more titles the last 2 decades with some more discipline but if you want to defend that kind of team building so be it. Not every team will be sunk by these guys...we've had our share through the years but it's a terrible way to get started with a young QB and a franchise that for the first time in decades is close to competing for even their division.

You don't touch a woman in my opinion.
A dude sure knock him out but a lady no matter how crazy you do everything to avoid that.

Wow so you’re a sexist then?

Sorry but as a progressive feminist I believe she should have been laid out exactly like a man

Browns in the Super Bowl next year! They got the beet kicker in the world!

One could argue they could have had more titles the last 2 decades with some more discipline

Do please tell us about all the opportunities that were lost due to a lack of discipline, and not some other reason (say, a single pass broken up in the end zone, or a missed FG, neither of which is a product of discipline issues).

but if you want to defend that kind of team building so be it. Not every team will be sunk by these guys...we've had our share through the years but it's a terrible way to get started with a young QB and a franchise that for the first time in decades is close to competing for even their division.

1226.gif

The QB is Baker Mayfield. The QB is not Johnny Boyscout. The horse is already out of the barn when it comes to problematic behavior on the Browns.

I think people are overrating that signing a bit. Hunt was in the perfect situation in KC with Reid and his offense. I am not sure he will look quite as lethal in Cleveland under Kitchens.

Do please tell us about all the opportunities that were lost due to a lack of discipline, and not some other reason (say, a single pass broken up in the end zone, or a missed FG, neither of which is a product of discipline issues).

1226.gif
Not all but most of the years since 2000 where they failed to get double digit wins.
The QB is Baker Mayfield. The QB is not Johnny Boyscout. The horse is already out of the barn when it comes to problematic behavior on the Browns.
Hey you want to make the first move in the first off-season in decades where you actually think you have a QB to be this A-hole then go for it. I think it's dumb.

Last edited:
If you do something like this, prepare for the consequences. They’ll rip up your rookie deal and you’ll need to hit the open market as a UFA.

I just believe a man shouldn't attack a woman unless his life or the well-being of loved ones is on the line.

I’m messing with you

I just don’t see this as a viscous attack on a helpless victim. The most intense moment was when he shoved a guy who fell into the woman. My grandma kicked me harder than he kicked her.

Not all but most of the years since 2000 where they failed to get double digit wins.

So you've got nothing, at all, and are just tossing **** against the wall. Got it.

Hey you want to make the first move in the first off-season in decades where you actually think you have a QB to be this A-hole then go for it. I think it's dumb.

This wasn't their first move.

So you've got nothing, at all, and are just tossing **** against the wall. Got it.
It's not something easily quantified but I definitely feel like they could have done more with what they've had the last few decades and I don't really feel the need to get into it more with you. You think it's a good idea for a team with decades of futility to sign aholes I think they'd be wiser not to rush and build with more high quality guys that you can count on. For what it's worth I didn't want Gordon last year or again this year either. You could argue he helped us get the 2 seed so I guess I was wrong.

Hmmm. Maybe our chances for playing Cleveland on opening weekend just got better. Villain (perceived) vs. villain (actual) with a dash of young phenom thrown in.

I cannot think of a time when signing a great player in his prime (probably just entering his prime actually) has ever been a bad thing for that team's performance. I'm serious. ****ty guy, great signing.

Hunt is an elite RB. Great move for Cleveland. Hopefully we play them before he comes back. He has our number.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back