BRONCOS: Al Wilson Answers Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=136125&src=0

It's time for the playoffs to begin in Denver and Al Wilson is ready.

The seventh-year linebacker earned his fourth Pro Bowl bid and was named a starter for the game last Saturday. Two days later, he was named to the All-Pro team for the first time.

Wilson started 15 games before being declared inactive for the regular season finale following thumb surgery. He finished the regular season second on the team with 90 tackles, including 72 solo shots, three sacks, two forced fumbles and nine passes defensed.
-----
After a first-round bye in the playoffs, the Broncos will get to work this week to prepare for the first home playoff game in seven years and Wilson took time to answer your questions.
-----
Ryan Quevillon; Burlington, Ontario, Canada
How do you feel your cast will limit you in this Saturday's game against the Pats?

Al Wilson
I don't think it will limit me much. I won't think about it. I won't allow it to limit me. I'm going to go out and play the way I normally play, and that's all out and giving these guys all I have and we'll go from there. But I definitely don't think it will affect me much.

Margo; Clifton Forge, Va.
Do you think that the Broncos are dealing with a totally different team of the Patriots this Saturday than you all did in Week Six?

Al Wilson
I believe so. They're a much better team now than they were at that point in time, but we are too. It's going to be a great competition and a great battle. The team who makes the fewest mistakes will win.
-----
April; Greenwood Village, Colo.
How important are the fans for Saturday's game?

Al Wilson
Oh man. The fans are the most important thing for us because they come ready just like we come ready. It's going to be hard on the opposing offense because when the crowd gets into it, screaming loud, they can't do the things they want to do. The fans will definitely play a big part in the game on Saturday.
-----
Andrew Ashworth; Chicago, Ill.
Is Tom Brady the best QB in the game?

Al Wilson
Yes he is. He's the best quarterback in the game simply because he is a World Champion. He's won three of the last four Super Bowls and is undefeated in the postseason. Without a doubt, you have to name him the best quarterback in the NFL.

Michael D.; Seattle, Wash.
How are you guys going to stop Corey Dillon?

Al Wilson
We're going to gang tackle him. We have to gang tackle him and be very sound in our run responsibilities and just play smart, sound football and not count on one guy to bring him down. Once one guy gets him, just have a few guys rally and try to make the plays.
-----
Kaylynn; Oklahoma City, Okla.
Our pass defense still isn't ranked very high, how much of a concern is this for you?

Al Wilson
Not at all. We make plays. You can rack up as many yards as you want to, but it's all about scoring points and getting turnovers and those are the things we've excelled at this year. Teams are going to get yards. That's just the way it is. We're one of the good teams against the run, so they have to throw the ball a little more.
-----
Erik; San Carlos, Calif.
Who is New England's best tight end: Christian Fauria, Daniel Graham or Ben Watson?

Al Wilson
It would have to be between Graham and Watson, but all of them bring different dimensions of what they can do to the field. It all depends on who is hot that particular day, but they're all very talented.

Doug H.; Nashville, Tenn.
Is there any concern that the bye will hurt the team at all by getting out of the weekly rhythm of the season?

Al Wilson
There's no concern. We have a mature enough team to know how to stay focused on the job at hand. A bye to us is a help because it gives people an opportunity to heal and get an opportunity to get your legs back. We take it as a plus. We don't take it as a negative.

Good post, interesting to see what he had to say...

One thing I don't understand (and granted, you pretty well only ever hear the Broncos saying this) is whenever they talk about New England being better now than they were at the game during the regular season, they also add "but so are we". How is that exactly, do they figure?.. I don't mean to flame, it just honestly doesn't make sense to me. Is he just saying it?

no one asked the big question?

who has the best linebackers in the NFL?

their LB's are good; but id love to hear his answer

CheerforTom said:
Good post, interesting to see what he had to say...

One thing I don't understand (and granted, you pretty well only ever hear the Broncos saying this) is whenever they talk about New England being better now than they were at the game during the regular season, they also add "but so are we". How is that exactly, do they figure?.. I don't mean to flame, it just honestly doesn't make sense to me. Is he just saying it?

Well, honestly, what do you expect him to say? "Yeah they're playing much better, but we were playing that well earlier in the season and we've kept it up, so big whoop."

Every team in the NFL continues to do one of two things during the season and even week to week: They either get better or they get worse. Nothing stays the same. If a team keeps winning and keeps having success then it's a pretty good bet that they've continued getting better as the season's gone on.

Have they improved as much as we did? No, and they didn't need to, they started out at a higher and more consistent level early in the season (I'm sure the schedules played in of course). I think at this point both teams are playing pretty damn well. At a playoff caliber. It'll come down to the turnover battle and being battle tested. Our team is the most playoff tested in this millenium so I have faith.

But the Broncos can make plays, this is going to be a tough tough game. Edge of your seater is on the way, I think.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
Well, honestly, what do you expect him to say? "Yeah they're playing much better, but we were playing that well earlier in the season and we've kept it up, so big whoop."

Every team in the NFL continues to do one of two things during the season and even week to week: They either get better or they get worse. Nothing stays the same. If a team keeps winning and keeps having success then it's a pretty good bet that they've continued getting better as the season's gone on.

Have they improved as much as we did? No, and they didn't need to, they started out at a higher and more consistent level early in the season (I'm sure the schedules played in of course). I think at this point both teams are playing pretty damn well. At a playoff caliber. It'll come down to the turnover battle and being battle tested. Our team is the most playoff tested in this millenium so I have faith.

But the Broncos can make plays, this is going to be a tough tough game. Edge of your seater is on the way, I think.
A shaky mid-season crisis of faith has evolved into Patriot sainthood! As long as you don't become a martyr today! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back