PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brinksmanship again, Ian?

would this explain my posts not uploading for others to view even before the site went down?

Lackapatsfanoia...it's a recently diagnosed affliction...
I was sure that hitting "refresh" would cure this infliction. It didn't!!!!!!

Glad it's back up. I thought that Ian had banned me.:cool:

Then you wouldn't have gotten the messages "Database error" or "Server not found".

Bannings return the messages "Database triumph", "Asta la Bye-Bye", or "Go talk to NEM".

Re: Re: Brinksmanship again, Ian?

Anyway, apparently the issue ended up being a problem with the network card which was replaced and should be fine going forward. Since we switched this configuration years ago I've never had a problem with that server - which is frustrating because I only get a notification if the main server goes down. As a result I've changed it to add an alert for that one as well. I just can't believe it picked now to happen, especially since I'm 1000 miles away from home.

I don't foresee an issue tonight and I'm leaving in about an hour to start the drive home. I've got a 12 hour drive ahead but should be getting to the hotel around the time the first round begins so I'll be logging on to make sure we're up and running. But I apologize for the inconvenience everybody, and thank you to those of you who reached out and contacted me to alert me about this.

If she had choosen UNH none of this would have happened :D

I thought Adam Seward had finally signed with the Pats, probably re-freshed Reiss's page about 1000 times. Nothing else could have caused all that

The local police were driving around my town with a bull horn shouting, "There is nothing to be alarmed about. We have confirmation. The Jets still suck!"

At least it wasn't the old " The dog ate my server" excuse ;)

Have a feeling tonite will be a trade down night for BB.

I was so desperate for my Pats fix, I went back to my roots at KFFL, and found that some of the old guard have survived, though the overall football traffic is down by 90%

Are the server(s) located in New Jersey, the land of the Green Beans?

New Jersey .... Green Beans .... New York Jets .... Incarcerated Bob

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! :eek:

Thank you Ian for all that you do for us at Patsfans.com.

I think we should vote right now to double your salary!!

We had this same issue on Saturday where the database server went down due to a "network issue". I'm out of New England right now because we took my daughter to visit a college and I've been checking every night/morning with the exception of Tuesday night because we had a long day so I left my notebook in the car.

Needless to say I got back in here to the hotel late last night only to find out it was apparently down all day, so of course, that was when it happened :mad:

Anyway, apparently the issue ended up being a problem with the network card which was replaced and should be fine going forward. Since we switched this configuration years ago I've never had a problem with that server - which is frustrating because I only get a notification if the main server goes down. As a result I've changed it to add an alert for that one as well. I just can't believe it picked now to happen, especially since I'm 1000 miles away from home.

I don't foresee an issue tonight and I'm leaving in about an hour to start the drive home. I've got a 12 hour drive ahead but should be getting to the hotel around the time the first round begins so I'll be logging on to make sure we're up and running. But I apologize for the inconvenience everybody, and thank you to those of you who reached out and contacted me to alert me about this.

At least you didn't randomly happen across some mob snitch that was in witness protection while you were there. That can get really messy.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back