SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Bringing Chad Jackson back after the Dolphins game would be ideal

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BRiZ, Sep 20, 2008.

1. rusH1023

rusH1023 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    According to who? (Who that really matters?) ;)

2. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,739
    ---
    Not every NFL combine freak is an NFL quality player. And while Belichick has called on players passed over by every other NFL team, those players were not unceremoniously released by him for not making the grade. They get called back after being released on quality cuts or scheduling roster needs. When other receivers are brought in for a look after Jackson's release, assume it was not simply a question of a quality cut at the time.

While I was hoping Chad would develop into another Randy Moss, I suspect he is probably where he needs to be - playing 2007 Madden NFL at home and watching his virtual reality equivalent catch touchdown passes as a receiver on the Patriots. I expect that is the only place that scenario will be a reality.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  3. BRiZ

BRiZ Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    according to the stat sheet, Gaffney and Washington have 1 catch combined for 3 yards in two games, and ya'll have the nerve to hate on Jackson.

Chad Jackson has more catches and yards and TDs than Gaffney and Washington and hes not even playing!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  4. Patriot Power

Patriot Power On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    Don't feed the troll.

5. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,129
    ---
    Let's see, Gaffney runs better routes, is a better blocker and has proven to be a clutch performer and Washington is a special teams ace... but none of that really matters because BB THINKS THEY DESERVE THE ROSTER SPOTS OVER JACKSON.

Does that and the fact that even WR-thin teams won't take a stab at Jackson not mean ANYTHING to you?

Should we listen to BB or your uninformed opinion? Either this is just schtick or you ARE Chad Jackson. Either way it's completely lame.

6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +364
    ---
    after the bye week they are in san fran and gillette will be closed so they won't need any crowd venders.

7. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +364
    ---
    personally i think this is Cj himself

8. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,739
    ---
    I assume you have heard the news that Tom Brady has not been throwing the ball to the receivers this year. Statistics possibly may suffer somewhat with that roster change. Moss hasn't exactly been having a huge statistical year (averaging 4 receptions, 64 ypg) so far.

It could be the rookie QB getting up to speed, or maybe we need to dump the entire receiving corp and make Chad the new number 1 receiver for Cassel. The Patriots may not be throwing the ball as much because Chad isn't on the field. Brady probably overlooked his greatness so Cassel may now see Jackson for the receiver he truly is.

9. BRiZ

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    wow Washington is a special teams ace? Hilarious. He made one play last year the punt block thats it, and a couple nice downs near the endzone on punts, anyone can do that. He is garbage and nothing special.

Gaffney is a solid receiver BUT THATS IT. He is no deep threat, he doesnt make any impact plays, he catches a TD here or there big deal. He will not provide the kind of impact on the O than Jackson would of. He can be single covered which allows teams to double up and take Moss out of the game, or double Welker. Jackson would have burned fools if teams continued to do that.

BB made a mistake, he made the wrong decision. I know its hard to believe but its true.

Bring Chad Jackson back, he will make our team better.

10. Patjew

Ratings:
    +10,129
    ---
    Your thread is so bad it's been moved to the Pub!

:singing::singing::singing:

11. BRiZ

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    and your post was owned so bad you reply with this weak reply!

12. Patjew

Ratings:
    +10,129
    ---
    Ouch, I've nevah been owned so bad! Once I was owned kinda bad, but not SO bad.

You've already proven yourself unable to be swayed by logic, so why should I or anyone even try to engage you in polite discussion. If you expect anyone to value your opinion over the Patriot organization's, you're sadly delusional.

13. BRiZ

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    stop taking cheep jabs at me and mocking me with your highhorse insults and maybe i wont have to own you so bad.

You do not even know who i am. Im a longtime member of the espn pats boards (back when DaBruinz used to post there) and only came over here after the board was overun by trolls after the SB. Its posters like you who make me not want to come over here, congrats on being a jerk.

14. Patjew

Ratings:
    +10,129
    ---
    Umm, thanks?

Look bud, people try to converse with you, and you come across like a broken record who is only open to his or her own thoughts. That is not my fault. Look at the kind of responses you get. Is everyone else wrong, too?

People like Deus can argue that CJack should not have been cut, but they don't get flamed (or moved into the Pub!) because they do so in a mature, logical way.

Sorry I make you not want to come here anymore. I didn't realize I was that powerful. Come up with a decent, open-minded thread now and then and you probably won't encounter much vitriol. These Chad Jackson threads of your stink.

15. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    I agree, BB gave up on the kid way too early. I know he hasn't hooked on with anyone yet, he does have more workouts scheduled this week with Denver, Cleveland and Houston, so we'll see where he ends up. The kid can play and has all the tools to scare teams deep, unlike Washington and Gaffney. Like you said, these two are "nice" WRs, but really, that's all they are and nothing more. Chad Jackson has the ability to be much more than that and he never really got his chance. Maybe with some luck BB will have a change of heart and bring the kid back.

16. Patjew

Ratings:
    +10,129
    ---
    Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  17. Patjew

Ratings:
    +10,129
    ---
    I just cannot understand how you guys feel you have more insight into this situation than BB does, who has forgotten more about football than we'll ever know AND who spent 3 years with this kid. (And let's not forget, no other team is intersted enough in CJ to sign him either).

I have nothing against Jackson, but in hindsight how many players has BB given up on "way too early" in his career??? One? None?? I do not understand why he is not being trusted in this situation, except for the fact that Chad is ripped and fast.

Are you guys really that much smarter than BB, Pioli, and every other coach in the NFL?