SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Breaking News in Watertown - This Might Be It

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by shmessy, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,296
    ---
    Our actions immediately after 9/11 were very hostile to the Middle East and state-oriented when everyone pretty much knew Al-Qaida wasn't a state entity.

2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,113
    ---
  3. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,296
    ---
    Well, what do you suggest? If you look at the Jew-Arab conflict which is predominately militarist and violence-oriented (resorting to military solutions), you'd see an unresolved conflict that's been going on for thousands of years.

4. patfanken

patfanken PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,958
    ---
    That's well and good except that NONE of it is true. Its coming to light that BOTH the brothers we well integrated into their neighborhoods, and had plenty of "American" friends. The younger one was described by a friend as being popular.

The lesson here is to be VERY careful about what you hear coming on the fly and be even MORE careful about what you pass along, given that so much that is given to us as "fact" is far from it.

IF its true, this is telling. One of the dead kids "friends" told reporters that he was out of the country, back in Russia for several months over the winter. This was evidently when he was "radicalized". Prior to that trip this was NO indication that either had any strong political or religious convictions. His "friend" described him as a happy go lucky guy who hung out with "the guys" in the neighborhood, and was a very good boxer. None of the people that have come out as being their "friends" saw ANY indication of what was to happen

I really hope this kid is taken alive. Its more important that we find out how this happened than to experience a moment of revenge fueled bloodlust.

5. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,013
    ---
    1757: The Chechen president, Ramzan Kadyrov, has commented on Instagram:
    "We have previously expressed our condolences to the people of the city and the people of America... Any attempt to make the connection between Chechnya and the Tsarnaevs, if they are guilty, is in vain. They grew up in the US, their attitudes and beliefs were formed there. It is necessary to seek the roots of evil in America. We wish recovery to all the victims and share the feelings of sorrow."
    via BBC

6. DaBruinz

Ratings:
    +12,113
    ---
    No. Our immediate actions weren't very hostile towards the Middle East. In fact, we did nothing for MONTHS. Our actions were hostile towards countries that supported terrorism once we finally started doing something.

7. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2,518
    ---
  8. SVN

Ratings:
    +15,013
    ---
  9. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,296
    ---
    The youtube rant videos are easily found; you can find it if you want. I will not link to it because that is probably what those *******s want. One is dated 2011, the others are recent.

10. DaBruinz

Ratings:
    +12,113
    ---
    I didn't translate anything. But, nice job there, sport. Keep your Political BS to yourself.

11. SVN

Ratings:
    +15,013
    ---
    This is just a painstaking process no matter how much resources you have. Not all guns and glory like hollywood. Lot of Respect to the Police for going on with this with the same tone for for over 12 + hrs now.

12. mb6592

mb6592 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +131
    ---
    Me personally? I've no tolerance for what you suggest. I tend to live in the real world.

13. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,296
    ---
    SOCOM was deployed exactly 3 days later. Give it up. Stop trying to catch me with my pants down. I think that at this point I've learned to check all my facts before responding.

14. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +4,706
    ---
    Yes, indeed.

We should all refrain from conclusions, although speculation is natural in this situation. These were two kids whose families were uprooted from their homeland of Chechnya. They were born elsewhere as refugees. They came to America with political asylum, but apparently the father at least went back. So, there's a mix here that is unfortunate and not healthy at all. While one brother is adapting well, the other goes to Russia, and his kids stay in the states. The breakup of the family is associated with imperial war, and the older brother at least becomes radicalized (seemed to be a top boxer, we don't know what he was doing now). I will say this however. The boy was named after Tamerlane, and any time you name a kid after a genocidal lunatic who is treated as a hero by his people, the namesake might adopt some aspects of his heroic character. This is why you don't name people Adolf Hitler (though one father recently named his boy that). Then again, we have Alexanders everywhere and the name descends from Alexander the Great, a man who is considered a genocidal scourge of the west in many regions of the world.

15. DaBruinz

Ratings:
    +12,113
    ---
    Don't expect PP2 to listen to what you say. Guy is a total hypocrite. Do as he says, not as he does. Guy lambastes others for jumping to conclusions, yet when you point out he did the same, he get's all defensive.

Here is a fact. Almost every single initial report on the Boston Marathon Bombing has been wrong. From the cause, to the number hurt/killed, to who it was that was involved, to the conspiracy theories, etc.

And too many people have been quick to judge based on the initial reporting. We need to see how this plays out. Only when all the facts are revealed will we have a clearer picture.

16. belichick010405

belichick010405 Closed Acccount

Ratings:
    +1
    ---
    Well said SVN - I have to think that our law enforcement guys have to be a bit tired and need some rest despite their 12 hour rotations. The entire emotion of an event like this can be draining even for observers like ourselves.

17. patfanken

patfanken PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,958
    ---
    God, your ignorance is positively EPIC. The "Jew-Arab conflict" (as you so articulately label :rolleyes:) has been going on since 1948, rather than the thousands you years you described.

Have you given a thought to THINK before you post.

18. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,296
    ---
    I live in the real world too and it has shown repeatedly that violence has achieved absolutely nothing. My real interest is in finding out how to best prevent this kind of thing from happening again, or at the very least to minimize it from happening again.

19. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,990
    ---
    Police looking for a 1999 Green Honda Civic suspected to be the Terrorist in CT with a MA license plate 116-GC7.

20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +49,753
    ---
    Oh cool. We have another pissing contest starting in this thread. Great job, guys. Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.